blue large dot

June Contest - 3 Easy Questions : Contests & Prizes - Page 2

Posted: June 9th, 2009, 11:25 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 30086
Tault_admin's Reps: 1440
administrator
Mod in Training
Keep up the feedback everyone. I also responded to most everyone about their comments and concerns.

pesollo - we are already doing those things :)

methods - A rep mod is being added already. As for the sending read what beergeek said.

beergeek - we are planning adding a navigation bar for all the forums. It should make things easier for members that just want to move around quickly. The location will prob be at the top. We have been fixing those extra pages. For example check out cabal, 9dragons, or later today eve when you are logged in and not to see how it works :)

vndasc - ummm http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/affiliates.php

henrikgud - explain your quote all more.

joufes - i really like your idea of how if you hover over the game it will show the sub cats. The problem is google hates things like that and will punish us for it. Stupid google. But we are going to add a easy nav drop down link on the site. As for custom areas we are going to be adding ALOT of new mods to the site to help with that. As for custom looks the problem is it slows down the site ALOT with a ton of different css files. We tend to have a pretty damn fast site going on and adding more customized looks for users slows it down.

deadye - we didnt update it to see if members liked / disliked that. News updates will be constant again. We tend to allow people to see post names and thats it just to help make the site more open to people knowing what we have. However we may make the confirmed forums closed so members cant view them at all until they become premium.

internal - we are going to shrink the side list to keep it at 20 games TOP. The dead links should almost all be fixed. If you find dead ones just add a post saying that and we can remove that then. Tu bucks will be expanded on but thats a few months off. Custom area looks are not going to be used to keep the site fast. Thats why its one look. What game sequel sections where you talking about? We are going to add some more fun to users to custom their profiles more down the road :).

r04r - the redirect login feature we are going to work on fixing. Problem was it opened up a security hole so plugging that hole and fixing it was a problem.

Tault_maximos - pms where slow only while we did a temp thing for mmoviper expect it to be pretty much within a few hours tops. We may add a fav game section for members but the posts tend to speak for themselves.

xorthos - im going to see what we can do about that top game thing you like.

avront - the side will be 20 games tops at all times and thats it. Also we will add a view more games area. Sometimes wow stuff is accidently posted but thats it, as for condensing what do you mean? We have cleaned up some areas to make them smaller and more user friendly.

zacros - we are adding mini games for members to play against others in.

Posted: June 9th, 2009, 3:00 pm

tindin156

Total Posts: 28
tindin156's Reps: 4
1) Do you use our news area at all for games?
some times but not all the time

2) What do you think we can do to make navigation on the site better?
i find it pretty easy to get around

3) What do you think we can do in order to improve the site (dont say bots or cheats)?
when a tip/cheat/bot/ect. is outdated, dont/never worked move it instead of just leaving it in the area it was when it was working.

have an aera for ppl to but there bots/programs and another for ppl to post comments in so you dont need to go and read 20+ pages to find the latest update/fix for a program

when ppl post there programs/cheats/ext make sure that it has a clear easy to read readme post on the forums

Posted: June 9th, 2009, 3:28 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
tindin156 wrote:
some times but not all the time

i find it pretty easy to get around

3) What do you think we can do in order to improve the site (dont say bots or cheats)?
when a tip/cheat/bot/ect. is outdated, dont/never worked move it instead of just leaving it in the area it was when it was working.

have an aera for ppl to but there bots/programs and another for ppl to post comments in so you dont need to go and read 20+ pages to find the latest update/fix for a program

when ppl post there programs/cheats/ext make sure that it has a clear easy to read readme post on the forums

2) We have it set up so if someone says nerf we will move it to the nerfed section. As for bot and program updates it should always be on the first page for the download link and the author should just edit thier first page.

Posted: June 10th, 2009, 10:53 pm

internal

Total Posts: 102
internal's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
Awe, that's a bummer that color creativity would slow you down, especially in terms of giving more accessibility and privileges to the users who can put that kinda stuff to use. Great to hear about everything else though, surprised to see that most of that stuff is already in the works, at least now I have more to look forward to during the summer when I decide to avoid the hot hot heat and stay inside on the computer instead. :P

And the game sequels I was mentioning about were basically whichever one's you are able to see, like Everquest 1 through 2, something along the lines of that(what games even have sequels on your list, it's pretty sparse as you can tell from just looking over at it). I figured those could be tidied about a bit but maybe creating sub-sections that allow for clicking from one link to opening up three different click-able links. I'm not sure if any of this is even possible, but I hope you get the idea I'm trying to get across. Anyways, keep at it, and continue for the sake of furthering our capabilities as a community!

Posted: June 11th, 2009, 3:17 am

doobielicious

Total Posts: 44
doobielicious's Reps: 2

Yes at times.

It would be nice to have the lesser known mmos have their own section or sub forum so more people can post stuff about them specifically.

I agree with others the site needs more users especially in some of the less active forums like AoC etc.

Posted: June 11th, 2009, 6:56 pm

Spitt

Total Posts: 755
Spitt's Reps: 718
premium

Nope, never. The games I play, I don't even read the website news.

Have the left panel hover, so when we scroll down it does too. Its annoying having to go to the top of the page to get to the proper page, thus using forum index is what I use, and open the page in a new screen. If the Hover box, could then be expanded to bring the forums up, rather then just the index that would be nice.

Make more activities/giveaways, that are more game specific (I can help with that).

I would like the ability to see when the OP posted the message, rather then just seeing when the reply was. It's sometimes a pain to look at a post that is new... only to realize the OP posted in 2006, and someone just posted a reply to it.

A reputation system would be nice, but I think that points acts as a reputation system, thus we dont really need it.

I would avoid flash/role playing games, I have seen them on forums, and they dont help that much.

How about an embedded auction system, that is only for VIP members to use (phpbb-auction check on sourceforge). No cost to list or sell, since we are already paying to use the forums - we would then need a seller reputation area however. And I think that since it is only paying customers, that would automatically get rid of 99% of the scammers. You could also require sellers AND buyers to be TrustWho verified - or you could make your own system for it.

You could add a simple system which allows us to use hover links such as curse gaming's - tho I know there are some out there that do more then just WoW.

I would like to be able to view posts since my last visit for any particular forums.

Adding an RSS feed for new posts (not replies) would also be helpful.

BTW, for those wondering, the logo in the upper left hand corner was a design contest, and it looks really good as it is. The message boards did a major undertaking to upgrade the grafix over the last few months. For those looking for a referral system, check out the affiliate system - http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/affiliates.php

Posted: June 13th, 2009, 4:16 pm

furyos

Total Posts: 25
furyos's Reps: 1
Never.

Easy links to forums.

Advertise character / item / gold sales.
Provide a trading forum.

Posted: June 16th, 2009, 1:37 am

eqdude

Total Posts: 50
eqdude's Reps: 5
premium
Tault_admin wrote:

If something new has been posted in the news area, then I generally check the subject line. If it seems interesting then I will read it.

Tault_admin wrote:

The site is easy to navigate, but there have been times when I have had difficulty finding the log-in area on some pages. I recommend a consistent format for the header of each front page for each game with the log-in area in an easy to find location.

Tault_admin wrote:

FIRST
Perhaps you could award free subscriptions to elite players. The elite players might be found through establishing Tault.com contests in some of the more popular games (such as WoW) and giving away free subscriptions to the winners.

Contests might include such things as:
1) first to lead a raid through new game content after an expansion
2) first to reach a new level cap after a new expansion
3) guild leader of the largest guild on a server
4) anyone with proof that he owns over 100k in gold
5) pvp accomplishments

Afterwards, these players could be encouraged to share their methods and ideas with others on the tault.com forums.

SECOND
Perhaps you could entice a few gold farmers to share their secrets by offering some form of incentive such as free advertizing.

THIRD
Perhaps you could create a designated complaint area and searchable database for your subscribers to sound off about any gold seller, power-leveler, guide seller, or bot-developer that had ripped off his customers.

Posted: June 16th, 2009, 4:10 am

pashmak

Total Posts: 1
pashmak's Reps: 1
Hero

Posted: June 16th, 2009, 7:44 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 705
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium

I see the titles, which is 99% the same as what I see as aannouncements logging in to game, do not look past the title

I do not use the left navigation area, but the forum index above or below the posts, and _that_ works great

Well, since sites like these depend on the input of its users, the site admin cannot just give away access to everyone, this is after all a pay site. If business is good perhaps a monthly contest but those are a headache to run and award...so there really isn't much you can do to improve the site, some sites change the look but that is mostly to hide the lack of content tault is known for having good content...

Posted: June 16th, 2009, 12:27 pm

kekhongten

Total Posts: 46
kekhongten's Reps: 1
- Yes, I do.
- I like the way right now. I don't have any problem browsing to find information that I need.
- We need some ways to advertising the sites to all the gamers out there. Also we need a way to attract more hardcore hackers to join and build bigger game community. In another way, we should make them feel their works are worth it and rewarding.

Posted: June 16th, 2009, 4:14 pm

Spitt

premium
lol @eqdude you want gold farmer secrets? Most of them hack-farm on stolen accounts. It's why the prices are so cheap, and killing the legit gold farmers. It's gotten so bad, we (as in my company) no longer farm WoW gold, and instead sell accounts and leveling mostly.

Want another secret? Make 3 toons and send all your goods to those 3, to compete at artificially high prices... you'll buy the cheapest ones first and say to heck with the higher prices, which are just there to establish a rate.

Can I have free advertising for my gold site now, lol?

Posted: June 17th, 2009, 3:42 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
We are adding hot links to the games that will be a nice css drop down menu located at the top of the pages. How do you currently feel about the new left side navigation we have on the site?

Posted: June 17th, 2009, 5:39 pm

Spitt

premium
It's nice, but you still have to scroll back to the top on a long forum, in order to get somewhere else. The same with links off the top bar. Would be better to have one that floats down on the left side along with you.

Posted: June 17th, 2009, 6:07 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well we are working on a drop down for game sections to make it easier on them getting around so all the wow forums will be a simple drop down. The big problem with floating bars is for example with our left page if its to long you cant ever get to all of it without scrolling to the bottom of the page due to it floating. Since lots of people tend to focus on one game we are going to work on making one thats game specific and try it on the right side of the page or the left side.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online