blue large dot

June Contest - 3 Easy Questions : Contests & Prizes

Posted: June 5th, 2009, 11:17 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 30086
Tault_admin's Reps: 1440
administrator
Mod in Training
Thanks for all your responded everyone. We are going to have the winner posted this Monday so stayed tuned.

The contest is just a simple questioner.

Every person that completes this is entered in a drawing to win.

1) Do you use our news area at all for games?

2) What do you think we can do to make navigation on the site better?

3) What do you think we can do in order to improve the site (dont say bots or cheats)?

Prizes

First prize - Logitech G5 7 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Laser 2000 dpi Mouse

Second prize - Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Supra-aural Headset

Third prize - 4 Harcos Mana Energy Potion Drinks

Last edited by Tault_admin on July 2nd, 2009, 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: June 5th, 2009, 11:48 am

pesollo

Total Posts: 2
pesollo's Reps: 1

Yes, I do.

I think the site is fine about navigation.

3) What do you think we can do in order to improve the site (dont say bots or cheats)?
Getting more users would be fine, so advertising in more other sites.

Posted: June 5th, 2009, 2:35 pm

methods

Total Posts: 110
methods's Reps: 1
Site Moderator
No

Navigation is good IMO

- Add a reputation system - I would really love this to be implemented.
- Infractions/Warning System
- Add a 'Thanks' button
- Forum Cash or Points system
- Increased signature character count
- Improve the Private Messaging System, have sent messages go to the sent messages box, as it doesnt go there instantly, or sometimes at all.
Also some messages dont always successfully send, or get received.

Edit:
@beergeek
Thanks for the clarification in regards to the sent messaging system.
Disregard my comments in regards to this Admin. Thanks

-Accliam, We Are Watching You Too!-
- I won't comment nor vote on Character Build nor Money Making Guides
Please post a Yay, Nay or Nerfed along with comments to members submissions!
In-Progress/Testing:
N/A

Methods™ AKA KuntaKentei
SITE RULES

Last edited by methods on June 9th, 2009, 12:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Posted: June 5th, 2009, 3:01 pm

beergeek

Total Posts: 436
beergeek's Reps: 21
premium
on rare occasion

More consistency with the MMORPG Network links on the left. Most go directly to the forums associated with the particular game, but some hit a different type page, adding another layer (such as DDO, Eve and Vanguard)

Add theme support to the website and run contests to allow the userbase to create new themes :)
I also like methods' idea of a reputation system, as long as it's little more than cosmetic. No draconian rules like I've seen on some sites.

methods: about the sent box, I believe a message will remain in your outbox until it's been opened by the target user, then it moves automatically to the sent box. personally, i like this since it's easy to tell if someone has read your message.

Posted: June 6th, 2009, 1:08 am

vndasc

Total Posts: 1
vndasc's Reps: 1
rarely

would be nice to have a site map link page that gives complete navigation and links that are available in the site all in one place

member referral system each referral will give the member 10% of the cash earned as discount towards their monthly pay. youtube can be a good idea to advertise its free and gets a lot of exposure

Posted: June 6th, 2009, 1:41 am

henrikgud

Total Posts: 213
henrikgud's Reps: 5
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
no that often.
its fine.
*as some ppls allrdy have said, fix so you can see when a ppl have read the msg you have sent.
*maybe a option that "quote all" on reply.

Posted: June 6th, 2009, 9:36 am

joufes

Total Posts: 6
joufes's Reps: 1
I use it on a bi-weekly basis.

you could make navigation eaier if you put the 8 top links (buttons) on a nav bar in the top center where it says "premium member info" that bar. Then on the left all you ahve is the list of games with the "get free premium" and the "free accounts to mmoviper"

or you could make a new nav system that you hover the mouse over a game and then u get a side menu that lets u pick what forum u want to go for that game. instead of going to another page with the list of forums.

have more contests/activities that are more game personal. like a contest for people that play FFXI or a contest for people that play WoW etc.

I ahve seen other sites where they were going to change the look and asked the users to submit a new logo picture. you dont ahve to do that but something similar keeps people involved and interested.

other than those things the sites fine, no major improvements needed. A few tweeks could have this site looking fresh.

Posted: June 6th, 2009, 11:41 am

deadye

Total Posts: 48
deadye's Reps: 1
I used to use it, but it seems the news is lacking consistent updates for the games.

I believe making drop down menus for the games and just having the newest games added to the site be on a picture link basis.

Make the site so you cannot see anything until you register (not sure if it is like that already) Make the new submitted info to be looked at more quickly, and get taken out of public view, and make that info in the news box only viewable to premium members.

Posted: June 6th, 2009, 10:05 pm

internal

Total Posts: 102
internal's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
Questionns:

1) I used to use it a lot of the time in my mmo-gaming era. It was only for certain games though, and not many according to how many MMORPG's are actually on that list. "MMORPG Network" I believe is it's name(haha I won't even bother counting how many there really are because it appears to be too many, just from looking at it, which by the way i can't see the whole thing without scrolling down first.
Oh well, it'll direct ya' where you need to go!

2)I think to make the navigation better you would need to start with something as simple as the color, or allow users to switch to their own colors if that's even possible. Map navigation is alright, but it's really a drag to run into dead links, and then come back to tault's main page where it looks completely different.. it makes navigating less satisfying because for example when i come to this site i use it for one game and one game only.. well so far anyway. if i'm always going straight to that game from one of the links then it shouldn't be hard or distracting to find that, especially when i venture on the net and it ends up totally different pages then before, this should not happen in my quest to find info for my one game i actually want to read about.

3) There is a lot that could be done in order to improve any site like this, better forum and thread separation would help navigation issues by making it more clear or noob-friendly to ppl who want to signup, but aren't premium members yet. I'd also say more member features, such as further customization of profiles, and maybe sort certain titles in different sections such as folders for games that have sequels(ex. Lineage 1-2) Further control over what posting and being part of the community really means seems like a good idea, I like TUBucks in the fact that you can earn them, and spend them and you can spend it on stuff that actually costs money otherwise. Maybe expanding on that system is a good idea, maybe not.

editz

Posted: June 7th, 2009, 4:52 am

r04r

Total Posts: 394
r04r's Reps: 9
premium

Not at all.

When you log in at a gaming section, don't make it revert back to the list of all games. Stay logged in on that section.

More members. So more advertising would be good, I guess.

Posted: June 7th, 2009, 12:05 pm

tault_maximos

Total Posts: 5
tault_maximos's Reps: 2
Yes, when there is information about a game I'm interested in.

Have the site remember where you been so it can be quick links.

Provide some statics on how many players use the games in each section so we know how active that game is. Also, provide quicker feedback related to PM's I have sent multiple PM's to the admin and the turn around time is rather slow.

Posted: June 7th, 2009, 2:49 pm

freemanareso

Total Posts: 48
freemanareso's Reps: 1

1.No

2.There is nothing I can see at the moment that needs improving navigation is already Great.

3. I believe you could improve this site by offering Hacking programs rather than just in-game exploits.

Posted: June 7th, 2009, 11:51 pm

xorthos

Total Posts: 1
xorthos's Reps: 1
1) Do you use our news area at all for games? No, never really noticed it. But I think I might check it out since you mentioned it.

2) What do you think we can do to make navigation on the site better? Sometimes it's a little annoying getting back to the game I play. It'd be nice if you could choose a "top game" and have the forums for it link on the main page if you're logged in.

3) What do you think we can do in order to improve the site (dont say bots or cheats)? So far everything seems pretty nice. I can't think of anything off hand that would greatly improve it. Maybe have the cheats and such listed in a more searchable and organized fashion than just a forum...but I'm happy either way.

Posted: June 8th, 2009, 6:58 am

avront

Total Posts: 12
avront's Reps: 1
I never did till now :-) This question caused me to heck it out. I like it :-)

It's not bad .. but the screens are a little cluttered. Maybe you could focus on the Left colomn menu more.

Trim down the forum categories on the non-WOW games so they appear more active and ppl see more activity. They will be more prone to jumping in and posting too. I also do not want to see any WOW crap on other game boards. Most seroius players of the less popular games have tried and are fully aware of WOW and choose to play something else. It would be nice to think that the sections for the non-WOW games aren't just an afterthought or filler. Fans get really loyal to there favorite game :-)

Posted: June 8th, 2009, 7:32 am

zacros

Total Posts: 24
zacros's Reps: 1

Yeah, checking once in a while.

It's simple enough really, games in the left side - fair nuff.

Perhaps add some mini games or something?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online