taultunleashed logoEQ2: Free Horse Ride Exploit : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

EQ2: Free Horse Ride Exploit : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: May 18th, 2005, 11:24 am

tault_perf3ct
tault_perf3ct's Reps:
Yes sounds good don't it! Well this is what happens when your completely off your face and just running around Qeynos..
This 'exploit' will let you ride a horse for 12 hours however you cannot use the griffins...

Heres what you do:
Firstly you must have enough cash to actually legitimately purchase a horse from the South Qeynos Stable Hand (Or the Freeport one). As you all know, if you purchase an item from a merchant and do not close the merchant window, you can sell back for EXACTLY the same ammount you paid for it..

Buy the horse that you want to use but :::DO NOT::: close the merchant window.. Equip the horse whistle and use it to summon a horse..

When you are atop of the horse, unequip the whistle and sell back to the Stable hand for the same ammount of money you paid for it and Tada! You have yourself a free horse...

HOWEVER, do not do this with the guild horses (The ones that require cash AND Status points), as your Status Points will not be refunded by the merchant..

Hope this is decent enough to get Access :)

Thanks

Player of the Neriak Server

Posted: May 18th, 2005, 1:13 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
haha thats awesome, though one thing. Doesn't the merchant window close automaticly as soon as you leave a certain range?

Posted: May 18th, 2005, 6:49 pm

tault_samiam
tault_samiam's Reps:
Yea, but once you have used the whistle to summon the horse the buff will last 12 hours regardless of whether you still have the whistle.

Posted: May 18th, 2005, 9:13 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
I think you misread his post Naz- like other clickies the buff stays up even if you unequip the item. So you buy it, equip it, summon horse, unequip it, and sell it back (without ever closing the merch. window- thats important- they made it so as long as your in the same 'session' you can sell back for the same price you paid- I belive this is to help those of us who get careless with our clicking and might buy the wrong items).

Very nice find perf3ct- IMHO its worth access and should be moved to confirmed asap (no need to actualy confirm- knowing the mechanics of the game I can assure you it will work until it gets nerfed). Just a guess, but the nerf will be the buyback price. Not every item sells back for the same price, even if your in the same session. Tradeskill items are like that- which makes sense: certain items that can be crafted can also be purchased from the wholesaler. If they didn't have the system working the way it does, you could make a stack of somthing the wholesaler sells, go buy 1 of his, and then sell them all back at his higher price. Thats just a guess though. SoE, if your reading this, when you do nerf this, please nerf the sellback and don't muck with the mechainics (ie. don't make it so that buffs drop if the item is unequiped- please please please).

BTW- be aware that going into water will unsummon your mount, so you have to be careful to avoid any bodies of water.

edited for spelling

Posted: May 18th, 2005, 10:46 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
So what do you say premium worthy?

Posted: May 19th, 2005, 2:13 am

tault_soron
tault_soron's Reps:
this is a good post, i don't have enough money to try it yet, but i say it deserves acess. just my openion

Posted: May 19th, 2005, 3:50 am

tault_pilkan
tault_pilkan's Reps:
sounds deffenitly worth access, dont you lose horse when you zone tho?

Posted: May 19th, 2005, 2:16 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Ah ok, my mistake. Definately worth access. Good job perf3ct.

Posted: May 19th, 2005, 8:22 pm

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
You don't loose your horse when you zone. Some of the villages and dungeons don't allow horses but the icon will still be in your buff bar. When you leave an incompatible zone your horse will be back.

***Warning to all that try this, your horse will Poof if you run through deep of water. So stay clear or you'll find yourself running back to buy another.***

Posted: May 20th, 2005, 12:57 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
And turn off illusions. If someone casts a form on you, you will be off your horse also.

Posted: June 10th, 2005, 2:14 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
and don't die..

Posted: July 1st, 2005, 1:49 am

tault_ohadohad2
tault_ohadohad2's Reps:
Since the new update you can also buy WITH status and get it BACK when you sell it.

Woot for free horses! Although I bought mine since this is too much hassle to go back everytime I wanta horse.

Posted: July 13th, 2005, 7:50 am

qwerty7
qwerty7's Reps:
This will let me test out that 9p horse without commiting to the purchase. That's awesome.

Thanks for this one :)

-

Posted: July 15th, 2005, 11:13 pm

pyro102288
pyro102288's Reps:
But I couldnt use whistle while in the city :cry:

Posted: July 19th, 2005, 6:02 am

tault_razor011
tault_razor011's Reps:
definitly worthy tryied it this morning ill try again after patch to see if its still working

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online