top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Sorrow's Furnace Updates: Theories : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 8 posts ] 
tault_danceofthedead
September 10th, 2005, 8:47 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
I'm writing this little bit here to inform everyone what Anet is really trying to do. Many people discuss this in game I know. Many people also do not realize why Anet did a lot of things they did with the update. First thing we need to realize is: Look at how many updates we have had since the Sorrow's Furnace Update initially a few days ago. This is odd, haven't seen them update this often for a long time. Now since SF update this is what I personally theorize to have happened/happening but Anet just won't blatently say.

1. Droknar's Forge to Snake dance. GG I have tried to run on my own good will and now there is groups of 50 grawl and avicara every 5 trees, not a big deal until you get the the 10 new worms they added on the regular run path.

2. Camp Rankor to Grenth's Foot, was cake on day one for any runner build to go out and farm the Chests, which were not as random as Anet made it sound in the update, pretty consistant until...

3. Guess what everyone has a million uber weapons a couple days later, lets bork the chests. Maybe it is bad luck of my and my whole guild buy I beg to differ, after a recent update the drops will be purple and gold, but they are like Water magic with earth magic and illusion magic mods, useless combinations. Now that everyone has uber weapons expect the economy to drop down, which I might add I think is a wonderful thing. Still would be better if we had a bazaar type of system to regulate prices instead of going to one noob saying I want to buy x item and they say offer and you see people offering 1k so you say 1k and they call you a nub nuts.

4. Oh back to the run from Rankor, I was running people 1k per head when SF updated, cake run that night, cake run that morning, than i got home from work that day and oh boys a new update. Getting to Grenth's cake again, but they seemed to have added a few new mobs to prevent people from running, they are also killing the running market, which I do not mind, since 90% of people don't play the game the right way.

Add on to this as you please. I don't want people to reply "omfg noob" posts or quit whining, I am not whining I for the most part think the Economy needs to be beated to a pulp with a nerf bat. I have plenty of items worth 90k to sell so it would effect me, but the game is way to unbalanced in lots of aspects simply because the economy is wacky.

myexcuse
September 10th, 2005, 11:38 am 

i like the chests. personally i got a 19% enchanting staff wrap the other day, sold it for 20k last night (i could have gotten more but considering teh advent of new chests, i dropped the price).

spent 10k on keys and i am bound to get another item worth at least as much.

i also got a +25 hale health staff head.

running has gotten harder in some places but the rest are just as easy. i can basically run all over the desert with ease.

bammargera
September 10th, 2005, 11:43 am 

yeah man i agree

I hate it when peopel are selling a iteam

thay u say how much

offer

OMFG FU U SCAMMING NOOB

well dude u said to offer

=============================

this has happened to me alot

=============================

i also agree with what u say

arena net dont like runners

so instead of banning it or summin thay make it impossble for u to do

and i still stand my ground and say that the sf update was a waist of time

myexcuse
September 10th, 2005, 12:41 pm 

I hate when people do that offer !@#$%^&*.

"gold max dmg. fiery dragon sword - whisper offer"

"1.5k"

"LOL OMG LOL NO!! HAHA YOU'LL NEVER GET ANYTHING LIKE THIS FOR THAT MUCH LOL"

and i hate it when they continue to message you with idiotic things like "lol omg have you been playing for like 3 days?!"

kyp_enduro
September 10th, 2005, 1:24 pm 

which is why you say buy offer = ??? or best offer, works for me, generally i get 70% of whatever my buy offer is

tault_greybok
September 10th, 2005, 4:53 pm 

I think the chests will balance the economy real quick because everyone will have max items. The best thing is the new green items they have mad. I got STINGER last night and that bow is bad A%$

blackop7
September 10th, 2005, 4:58 pm 

I think the update is great, it balances the economy and yet you still can make good money just with a little extra work. An example is the Griffons who use to drop purple and gold items all the time, now they just drop golds and purples, every few runs, but the golds are usually good. Dye drops have also been increased. The updates do have hidden purposes, but so far I don't think any of them are bad.

deadlyblowfish
September 11th, 2005, 5:37 am 

Cash on hand:

Tault_danceofthedead (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I'm writing this little bit here to inform everyone what Anet is really trying to do. Many people discuss this in game I know. Many people also do not realize why Anet did a lot of things they did with the update. First thing we need to realize is: Look at how many updates we have had since the Sorrow's Furnace Update initially a few days ago. This is odd, haven't seen them update this often for a long time. Now since SF update this is what I personally theorize to have happened/happening but Anet just won't blatently say.

1. Droknar's Forge to Snake dance. GG I have tried to run on my own good will and now there is groups of 50 grawl and avicara every 5 trees, not a big deal until you get the the 10 new worms they added on the regular run path.

2. Camp Rankor to Grenth's Foot, was cake on day one for any runner build to go out and farm the Chests, which were not as random as Anet made it sound in the update, pretty consistant until...

3. Guess what everyone has a million uber weapons a couple days later, lets bork the chests. Maybe it is bad luck of my and my whole guild buy I beg to differ, after a recent update the drops will be purple and gold, but they are like Water magic with earth magic and illusion magic mods, useless combinations. Now that everyone has uber weapons expect the economy to drop down, which I might add I think is a wonderful thing. Still would be better if we had a bazaar type of system to regulate prices instead of going to one noob saying I want to buy x item and they say offer and you see people offering 1k so you say 1k and they call you a nub nuts.

4. Oh back to the run from Rankor, I was running people 1k per head when SF updated, cake run that night, cake run that morning, than i got home from work that day and oh boys a new update. Getting to Grenth's cake again, but they seemed to have added a few new mobs to prevent people from running, they are also killing the running market, which I do not mind, since 90% of people don't play the game the right way.

Add on to this as you please. I don't want people to reply "omfg noob" posts or quit whining, I am not whining I for the most part think the Economy needs to be beated to a pulp with a nerf bat. I have plenty of items worth 90k to sell so it would effect me, but the game is way to unbalanced in lots of aspects simply because the economy is wacky.

OMG NOOB

I agree.

Yeah, i reckon this is it too, perhaps they finally decided to stop warriors ruling guild wars...

[ 8 posts ]