FIX UPDATE OR PROTEST : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 10 posts ] 
gprime
November 12th, 2005, 9:47 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
[QUOTE=Pinch]To all you nonbelievers, Anet does care what we say.[/QUOTE]

lets see if this is the case

i personally am going to stop telling people to play the game and move on to another very shortly. my ele is a piece of crap now. i am not going to chase monsters and agro more in the process. when they leave, they heal and i have to start all over again. i am not going to rebuild my skills as this is a painful trial and error. screw the skill changes like frozen ground or learn to trap. most groups i head out with have problems to start with regarding the monsters and now only groups of chosen friends who i play with regularily can defeat these. i am referring mainly to FA quests and augury rock.

my game will be deleted and i am will move to another game. it is not worth it with the constant nerfing everything i find fun about the game. i will follow threads and see progress because there are changes that can be done to fix the problem they made by the moving monsters and screwing up skills for ele.

1) less nrg cost to perform nukes
2) bigger area of effect for nukes
3) faster recharge time for nukes
4) more damage to mosters for nukes
5) less exhaustion for nuking

screw the pvp as this is part of THAT game type. it is not part of missions.

i suggest to protest against these changes and stop playing unless something gets done about it.

shanusone
November 13th, 2005, 3:04 am 

I agree 100% i see no point in playing wuth my ele char now unless i want to invest the time to change over completely to earth. which would be lke learing all over again as i have become so adept with my fire mage

deadlyblowfish
November 13th, 2005, 7:03 am 

Cash on hand:

If you saw a meteor shower would you run?

phage1
November 14th, 2005, 1:59 pm 

I agree completely that when they screwed with the ele stuff that was very dumb... and it also screws with solo monk UW! However, i do not think this is that big of an issue to quit GW all together
~I Love Beef~

geeky100
November 14th, 2005, 4:31 pm 

Nuking still works no problem.

As long as the tanker is good (as it should be in sorrows/ fow) then it's fine.

Drop the firestorm.

Fixed

bwimbwim
November 16th, 2005, 12:12 pm 

deadlyblowfish (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
If you saw a meteor shower would you run?

It's not a matter of seeing one... it's a matter of being caught in one.

The better question is...

If you got caught in a metor shower, and incurred a hit... would you be "able" to run?

Certainly not easily. I've always felt some level of crippling should accompany meteor shower... I mean hell, you just got hit with a damn meteor!

tault_dorak
November 17th, 2005, 2:45 am 

gprime (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
my game will be deleted and i am will move to another game. it is not worth it with the constant nerfing everything i find fun about the game. i will follow threads and see progress because there are changes that can be done to fix the problem they made by the moving monsters and screwing up skills for ele.

Yea I really dislike the nerfing as well. I thought A.net would balance instead of hitting GW with the nerf bat. Well I think it's safe to say everyone knows better by now. ;/

gprime (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
screw the pvp as this is part of THAT game type. it is not part of missions.

I disagree, the PvP is great (if you manage to unlock all skills/runes/weapon mods). The amount of grind A.net put in front of it is not. Instead I would like to see A.net separates PvP/PvE so PvE players can have their "uber" spells/armor/weapons and whatnot while PvP can remain balanced. Everyone happy, right?

Edit:
bwimbwim (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Certainly not easily. I've always felt some level of crippling should accompany meteor shower... I mean hell, you just got hit with a damn meteor!

Comparing reality to games can be great for some games but not for others. I think if meteor shower kills anything it hits the game would become unbalanced. Then everyone would play elementalist, wouldn't that take the fun away from GW?

bwimbwim
November 18th, 2005, 8:42 am 

tault_dorak (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
bwimbwim (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Comparing reality to games can be great for some games but not for others. I think if meteor shower kills anything it hits the game would become unbalanced. Then everyone would play elementalist, wouldn't that take the fun away from GW?

1. I never suggested that meteor shower kill anything it hits.

2. The original statement that I quoted "If you saw a meteor show, wouldn't you run?" is where the initial comparison to reality was.

Gaile Gray has stated similar things... citing that the update made things more realistic. That's an excuse... so they could nerf the farming. If they were really concerned about realism, then why not do away with the whole aggro concept. I mean... can you not see the enemy long before they come into aggro range? Wouldn't it be logical to conclude that they too could see you long before aggro?

Yeah I know... it's silly to propose that. And believeme, I'm not. I understand it's not reality and that doing away with the aggro concept for the sake of realism would be idiotic. And that's why I feel that nerfing AoE (supposedly for the sake of realism) is also idiotic.

Just my opinion.

tault_dorak
November 18th, 2005, 2:20 pm 

1. I never suggested that meteor shower kill anything it hits.

As I quoted you wanted to make meteor shower give some sort of crippling, right? I just exaggerated to make my point clear: "any change to improve a skill greatly may throw off the balance". Any skill boosts would be great for PvE IMO, but it may be throwing of balance in PvP.

2. The original statement that I quoted "If you saw a meteor show, wouldn't you run?" is where the initial comparison to reality was.

I wasn't responding to this hence no quote from me.

dave3030
November 18th, 2005, 7:24 pm 

Eles arent useless anymore. All this patch did was nurf AOE soloing wtih monks and eles. If you have ever been on 5 man FA farming runs, they still work just fine.

[ 10 posts ]