Me - yes i entered - i bought frozen soil and dust trap

syris_online
August 28th, 2005, 2:36 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
I played WoW instead. :P

dave3030
August 28th, 2005, 9:51 pm 

PVPX is great fun. You get +20 faction for killing enemies, +25 if you win, a bonus +25 if you get a flawless, and ANOTHER bonus +25 if you win 5 times in a row.

But, its all over now and we'll all await the "Sorrows Furnace".

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

myexcuse
August 28th, 2005, 11:37 pm 

and here is the good news:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blackop7
August 29th, 2005, 2:34 am 

I didn't join PVPX, but hopefully they don't keep the faction at 25 per kill, that's to easy.

myexcuse
August 29th, 2005, 6:20 am 

blackop7 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I didn't join PVPX, but hopefully they don't keep the faction at 25 per kill, that's to easy.

if one were to play random arena, it is actually still not enough!

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Originally Posted by Wheel
Each normal skill costs 1000 faction.
Each elite skill costs 3000 faction.
There are 364 normal skills and 92 elite skills.
1,000 faction * 364 normal skills = 364,000 faction required to unlock all normal skills.
3,000 faction * 92 elite skills = 276,000 faction required to unlock all elite skills.
That gives us a total of 640,000 faction to unlock all skills.

Each attribute class of rune costs 4500 faction (1000 {Minor} + 1500 {Major} + 2000 {Superior}) to unlock.
There are 6 (Warrior) + 4 (Ranger) + 4 (Monk) + 4 (Necromancer) + 4 (Mesmer) + 5 (Elementalist) + 1 (Vigor) "attribute" classes of runes, for a total of 28 "attribute" classes.
That Equates to 4500 faction * 28 "attribute" classes = 126,000 faction required to unlock all runes.

Each dynamic weapon upgrade costs 2000 faction (1000 minimum + 1000 maximum) to unlock. Each static weapon upgrade costs 1000 faction to unlock.
There are 10 static weapon upgrades for Axes, 6 for Bows, 7 for Hammers, 0 for Staves, and 9 for Swords. That comes to a total of 32 static weapon upgrades.
There are 9 dynamic weapon upgrades for Axes, 8 for Bows, 9 for Hammers, 8 for Staves, and 9 for Swords. This comes to a total of 43 dynamic weapon upgrades.
1000 faction * 32 static weapon upgrades = 32,000 faction to unlock all static weapon upgrades.
2000 faction * 43 dynamic weapon upgrades = 86,000 faction to unlock dynamic weapon upgrades.
This gives us 118,000 faction to unlock all weapon upgrades.

Total faction required to unlock all skills, runes, and weapon upgrades is 640,000 faction + 126,000 faction + 118,000 faction = 884,000 total faction to unlock everything.

Originally Posted by Wheel
Total Faction to unlock everything: 884,000 faction
Average Faction/Minute: 3.916 faction/minute
Average Faction/Hour: 3.916 faction/minute * 60 minutes/hour = 234.93 faction/hour
Total Hours to unlock everything using Faction: 884,000 faction ÷ 234.93 faction/hour = 3762.82 hours

Assumption 1: GvG and ToPK is either too slow or too difficult for the casual gamers to effectively obtain faction from. Therefore I will consider Arena gains only.

Assumption 2: The average 4v4 round takes 4 minutes. Some matches will be shorter, some will exceed that. To maximize faction gain the casual gamers can plan to avoid the longer rounds and quit/re-enter to maintain the match average.

Input:
60 minutes/hour ÷ 4 minutes/round = 15 rounds/hour
21 average faction/round (check for yourself in 4v4)

Calculations:

Faction gain for a 1 hour victory streak:

15 rounds/hour x 21 avg.faction/round = 312 raw faction
3 bonuses/hour x 11 avg.faction/bonus = 33 bonus faction
Maximum Total = 345 faction/hour

Faction gain for winning 3 out of every 4 rounds:

312 raw faction x 75% victory rate = 234 faction/hour

Faction gain for winning 2 out of every 4 rounds:

312 raw faction x 50% victory rate = 156 faction/hour

Faction gain for winning 1 hout of every 4 rounds:

312 raw faction x 25% victory rate = 78 faction/hour

Time required to unlock everything assuming 156 faction/hour average:

884k faction ÷ 156 faction/hour = 5667 hours

x5 faction multiplier: 5667/5 = 1133 hours
x15 faction multiplier: 5667/15 = 378 hours
x30 faction multiplier: 5667/30 = 189 hours

Time required to unlock everything assuming 200 faction/hour average:

884K faction ÷ 200 faction/hour = 4420 hours

x5 faction multiplier: 884 hours
x15 faction multiplier: 295 hours
x30 faction multiplier: 147 hours

You can argue over which one of the resulting 'total hours to unlock' should be applied to the game. I don't see how you can argue against these numbers.

as you can see, the numbers don't lie. even with a x30 plust magnification (which would be 60 faction per kill), it would still take you 147 of straight playing just to unlock everything.

i hope that ANet at LEAST makes an update where they put it at a medium like 10 per kill.. 2 is ridiculous.

deadlyblowfish
August 29th, 2005, 1:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

bammargera (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
What did u do this PVPX week end

Did u Enter the PVP

if u did what did you buy with your faction

-

Me - yes i entered - i bought frozen soil and dust trap

I dont like PVP full of spamming noobs usually (EU server)

although a good pvp can be good, unfortuantely my holiday disallowed me from playing pvpx

blackop7
August 30th, 2005, 2:26 am 

myexcuse (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
blackop7 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

as you can see, the numbers don't lie. even with a x30 plust magnification (which would be 60 faction per kill), it would still take you 147 of straight playing just to unlock everything.

i hope that ANet at LEAST makes an update where they put it at a medium like 10 per kill.. 2 is ridiculous.

I don't want to unlock all the skills with faction, I unlock most of my skill in PVE.

deadlyblowfish
August 30th, 2005, 1:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

myexcuse (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

I don't want to unlock all the skills with faction, I unlock most of my skill in PVE.

ditto

loptys_revenge
August 30th, 2005, 5:21 pm 

PvE>PvP for unlocking skills

blackop7
August 30th, 2005, 6:30 pm 

loptys_revenge (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
PvE>PvP for unlocking skills

lol, duh! only a newb wouldn't know that.

loptys_revenge
August 30th, 2005, 6:50 pm 

Now who's the one flaming.....

blackop7
August 31st, 2005, 2:35 am 

loptys_revenge (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

lol, my stove

loptys_revenge
August 31st, 2005, 12:47 pm 

lol, my stove

.....wtf?

deadlyblowfish
August 31st, 2005, 3:28 pm 

Cash on hand:

.....wtf?

He wishes to indicate that he is currently cooking and has overstocked his wood burning stove, causing it to flame.

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next