top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

4 chr I don't want to grind. : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 9 posts ] 
sparks88
February 2nd, 2006, 11:17 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
Is there a good place to take a level 9 W/M with good eq and armor and get him up to say level 15-16 quickly?

This is my forth chr and I am just tired of the same old same old.

thanks for any ideas

Sparks

krieger
February 2nd, 2006, 7:27 pm 

is to simply do quests. do every quest, and when ur done, find more quests. it still may not be the fastest, but it beats random killing by a long shot. or, if you dont wanna do that, find a good macro that can lvl while u sleep, although they are known to steal ur keys.

trexya
February 27th, 2006, 5:13 am 

a good way is to go to gates of kryta mission and go outside and kill the mergoyle wavebreakers. they are very easy and they have good drops(for ur lvl). just go out kill em and go to the teleport from where u got to kryta(the 1 to the north, not very far away) and then go back. u should get1k for each run and many exp

nightkilla
February 27th, 2006, 3:30 pm 

PM me to Head hunta ill power level you for free.

the_dabhand
February 27th, 2006, 3:47 pm 

Hmmmm, It would be wise to level on your own, I will never trust anyone (no offence) who wishes to power level you by taking control over your account.

But thats just me..

Not everyone is trustworthy, and you could lose your account easily.

brandonw231
February 27th, 2006, 4:23 pm 

I believe he meant tht he uses a warriro and goes out and owns stuff while the other person is level, while doing nothing... Powerleveling... mostly done outside of Droknars forge at the trolls

i do it all the time for people

the_dabhand
February 27th, 2006, 7:07 pm 

Yeah and if they arent about in areas like Talus etc?

They have to be ran there lol

Its a whole messy situation imho.

feanixxx
March 1st, 2006, 2:23 am 

I've power levelled several guild members who are tired of missions/quests. They usually get to Asc at L3 or so.

I do it like this (as W/Mo):

Run them from Asc to Sanctum Cay via the usual stops - takes about an hour.

When at Beacons I run them to Droks (sometimes I cannot be bothered cos it's a pain and get them to use a 3k runner :wink: or look for a free 'test' runner).

Once in Droks I take them out to the Troll caves with a number of Scrolls (the best you can afford - get the 10 minute ones in case of foulups). Aggroing and killing all the Trolls with scrolls active levels them up very fast. Don't bother with the bosses they take too long. Ensure you have a good dolyak/cyclone axe build or 55hp monk build.

I then run the Sanctum Cay Mission (no fighting required) then run them to Augury Rock and the Desert Missions (the Oasis to Augury Rock run can be tricky - use a pro for 300g if unsure). Elona I run for them in about 10 mins. Dune s of Despair is a fight - handy if you have used Droks to get them to L15 or so. Thirsty River I solo with hencies and the guildie - bout 75% succes rate depending on spawns - usually within 2 tries.

Then it's just a matter of them ascending and off they go :) If they are at L16/17 they should ascend to L20 with the 50k XP.

If you cannot find a guild member:

A runner will do Asc to Lions Arch for about 2k, another from Lions Arch to ToA for about 500 to 1k, then a runner to Sanctum Cay. Some do combos. Runners also do the SC Mission (bout 500g) and the desert missions are about 300g to run to each. I used to run Elona with bonus for 1k each - don't know current prices.

You can find good power levellers on the GWG services board for about 1k per level - they do either Trolls at Droks or Gryffs at Augury Rock.

Edit: Gryffs at Augury Rock levelling has now been nerfed.

leet haxors
March 8th, 2006, 8:55 pm 

get ran to the desert and ascend

[ 9 posts ]