top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Guildwars vs wow : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
tault_darkka
November 8th, 2004, 6:28 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
i have played both and so far for some odd reason unlike most everyone else i did not enjoy wow that much just another typical mmorpg with not the greatest graphics combat isnt too much fun on the other hand there seems to be alot more to do in wow at this point in time and also that alot of things you can or will be able to do in wow like own a house ride a horse you will not be able to do in guildwars allthough overall fun factor i think goes to guildwars which leads me to beleive that because guildwars is not even close to being done that guildwars could possibly end out on top graphics being great combat is pretty sweet i posted this to see what everyone else thinks so please reply telling me what you guys think.

tault_demonofstupity
November 8th, 2004, 7:02 am 

when i played Guildwars it felt exactly like Diablo II (just with better graphics), I personally didn't like it that much.

tault_Broden
November 8th, 2004, 9:30 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts
premium

Cash on hand:

I agree with wow not being as much fun. The game seems to end in a matter of months unless the hero classes are just amazing.

I am a member of a exploit guild and post it here because i like this site and want to help it.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

tault_dialasa
November 25th, 2004, 11:22 am 

i like wow becuase of the part where it free to play wow i i heard right is not free to play alot of the poeple around here can't pay to play with modem connect ad get are money worth

PS> yes we don't have dsl or cable are town is out of luck

tault_initocian
April 28th, 2005, 12:02 pm 

WOW is a very typical MMORPG for kids 10-14
It's VERY basic, and has Horrible Graphics, but I have Guild Wars Pre-ordered.

BTW im new.

tault_o0ofoulo0o
April 29th, 2005, 7:54 pm 

initocian (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
WOW is a very typical MMORPG for kids 10-14
It's VERY basic, and has Horrible Graphics, but I have Guild Wars Pre-ordered.

BTW im new.

Welcome, althought I doubt their target audience was that young. Guild Wars to me seems to have very little storyline and not enough grind to it. I'm personally not a big fan of WoW's graphics, but they went that way for a reason, to be unique, they aren't horrible just different. I'll stick to EQ2test until I find something better.

tault_initocian
April 30th, 2005, 1:04 am 

LOL cant argue.
But GW is only 1 day old, remember that.

tault_anthrax
May 13th, 2005, 10:10 pm 

I hate GW's played it since closed beta. I mean I hate it in the termas to comparing it to WOW. With the new BG's going in, and the hero classes WOW is going to get a boost CTF is fun!

tault_blades11
June 27th, 2005, 1:13 pm 

anthrax (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I hate GW's played it since closed beta. I mean I hate it in the termas to comparing it to WOW. With the new BG's going in, and the hero classes WOW is going to get a boost CTF is fun!
I can see where your coming from becuase my friend really prefers WoW over GW but for GW is the only way to go becuase of just how much better it is in style and graphics. The kidish style of gameplay in WoW is to well just horrible for me i like things to be more realistic...... isn't that why graphics r getting better anyways?

tault_pc91w
June 28th, 2005, 10:53 am 

the graphics and gameplay was a definite turnoff to wow for me and whats up with the skills nars like 50 of them or something, i like in GW you have to decide which you are going to bring to battle so it makes it a little harder

supakorean
June 30th, 2005, 11:48 am 

I haven't played WoW, because I can't afford to pay the monthly bill =P. But I heard good stuff from WoW and GW is awesome.

johnnydewy
July 2nd, 2005, 12:26 pm 

My experience with WoW is that it sucks; once you get L60, instances get old very fast and the BG queue is way too long - especially whilst considering that the BGs themselves are crappy.

Now that DAoC is releasing a non-ToA server, if you want a MMO with PvP DAoC has it - WoW is just.. horrible.

tault_blista05
July 3rd, 2005, 12:26 pm 

I love guild wars , im lvl 20 on my role player ,etc , but i think that your not free enough to what u want to do with your char , all is already chose for u mission etc , u cant have 2-3 paths to choose , wich for me is less fun.

djly5y
July 9th, 2005, 4:06 pm 

Guild wars rulez !!! Wow is f disney :P

leet haxors
March 9th, 2006, 9:24 pm 

I personally like guildwars for many reasons, less grinding the pvp is better graphics are way better... but wow is nice because of its no loading times huge map, pvp is ok but the pve aspect is what guildwars doesnt have,

*Edited in*
-Srry im Rather new to the site i didnt even know this was a dead subject....I wouldnt of posted if I wouldve known

Last edited by Guest on March 9th, 2006, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next