Appraisal Service : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 10 posts ] 
farts_mcgee
June 28th, 2006, 12:07 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Alright, inspired by abezden, I decided we could start an appraisal service here, but before we get started, I should lay down a couple rules.

TOPIC RULES:

When asking for an appraisal:
1) Post a picture of the item you want checked. (Example below)
2) Use proper spelling and grammar.
3) A maximum of 5 items can be proposed, per post.
4) Do not spam this topic by making a new post for every item you have. If you want 5 items appraised, make one post for all 5, not 5 posts, one post for each item.
5) Keep all discussion on topic.
6) Feel free to help out, for example, if you think you know your items price, but are not sure, go ahead and say what you feel, what you think its worth.
7) Think you have a nice skin? Make sure to include a picute of you wedling the weapon as well.
8] WAIT! Before you post, pplleeaassee check this topic to see if your item has already been given a price check. As long as that post is no younger than a week old, please just use that as your price check.

When appraising an item
1) Anyone can appraise an item.
2) Do not lie, make up, or decieve anyone when saying a price.
3) If you give 3 faulty prices, your posts will no longer be eligible to appraise people items.
4) Quote the item that you are appraising. Example: Someone makes a post of 3 items they want checked, and you know the price of 1. Quote that post, and edit it so it only shows the item you are appraising, and the posters name.
5) Try to appraise. Dont be someone who just asks for a price check, be active and be someone who gives an answer. Help out, if you know the price, its not difficult to type in the price. And, its an easy way to get TUbucks.
6) Do you think someone put in the wrong price? Dont go flaming them and yelling at them, just post a price you think it is, items can have more than one price.
7) For best results, post a range for an items price. For example, if someone wants a price check on Kuunvang, dont just say 100k + 5ecto. Give a range: 100k +5-20ecto.
8] This will be strongly enforced: Be honest!

Here is an example of what your post should look like, if you need a price check:

Item 1)
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
I think this would go for about ... 30k?

Item 2)
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
I think this is worth .. 5k?

Here is an example of someone replying to a request.

TO FARTS_MCGEE
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Item 1)
I think this would go for about ... 30k?

Well, actually this is not that good. It does not have a perfect enchant mod, which brings the price down (..blah blah etc. etc.) So maybe it could go for about 10-15k maximum.

And there you have it! That is how to post and reply! Now please follow the rules and have fun!

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
RULE BREAKER LIST
If you break the rules, your name will be put up here, and your posts may no longer be answered, and your replies may be disregarded. I do not wish to put you on this list, but I do what I must, so please follow the rules.

-

sfniner08
July 1st, 2006, 2:16 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
OK, Here are my 5.
Gold Hale Earth Staff of Shelter +7 Energy. 8-14 dmg +27 Health and +7 arm vs physical attacks.

Purple Hale Accursed Staff of Tenguslaying +9 energy. 10-18 dmg +24 health and +7% vs Tengu

Purple Tower Shield arm 10 req 7 tactics health +46 I would think the health adds the value.

Gold Ebon Flatbow of Fortitude. Max dmg, health +26 and +15% damage while enchanted

Gold Shocking Shortbow of Shelter. Max dmg +19% dmg while hexed and +7 arm vs physical attacks.

farts_mcgee
July 1st, 2006, 2:52 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

First of all, take pictures of them ';...;'

Second of all, sorry dude, none of these are worth anything.
No one, will buy them. None of them are very good mods.
Your best bet would be to sell the non max's to the merchant. He might give you 50 gold. ~_~

For the Gold Ebon Bow, you might be able to get 500g for it. You can get a green bow, that has all max mods and stats, for about 5k, so all someone has to do is spend an extra 3k to get your bow, perfected. If these were perfect it would be a different story.

For the Shocking Shortbow, its worth nothing. The +19% hexed is worth nothing, anything that has a while hexed mod is absolute junk. Sorry man, none of these are really worth anything.

evilmidget
July 1st, 2006, 3:52 pm 

Well here's a few for now. I have some more, but there's a limit of 5 :(

So there they are, appraise please!
Also: the Fellblades are dyed Black if that makes any difference (makes them look VERY cool)

70160q
July 1st, 2006, 7:12 pm 

here is my 5

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sfniner08
July 2nd, 2006, 12:12 am 

Well "dude" there isn't any reason to be condescending about the items. You did not post they have to be at X value. you simply offered up appraisal. 2nd, I just sold the flatbow for 2K. Sorry if my items aren't good enough for you.

great baron
July 2nd, 2006, 8:42 am 

Yo here what i think..

evilmidget (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Well here's a few for now. I have some more, but there's a limit of 5 :(

So there they are, appraise please!
Also: the Fellblades are dyed Black if that makes any difference (makes them look VERY cool)

1- easy 35-40k on that, good req, enchanting not so bad. but only one mod and good skin.

2- 40-50k max i think, good req, nice skin, but both mod are noob. Maybe buy a 20/20 penetration and a +30 hp mod, but still, will be hard to sell cause of the +15 while enchant.

3- Sry, not sure about this one... the -10 armor screw it, but, if you find a good buyer, can go up to 80k++, still hard to sell. and, almost no warrior use the mod +1/20% sword..

4-If you have had mod on this one, i am sorry, but its very hard to sell, the
-10 armor for a assasion is bad. I dont want to pc this.

5- Its a joke compare to the other... 5k maybe...

---
And, no, the black dye dosent afect the price.. sry for that 9k...

farts_mcgee
July 2nd, 2006, 9:26 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

sfniner08 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Well "dude" there isn't any reason to be condescending about the items. You did not post they have to be at X value. you simply offered up appraisal. 2nd, I just sold the flatbow for 2K. Sorry if my items aren't good enough for you.

Hey man, chill. As I said in ... Rule 8, "Be honest". I am not going to lie to you. Thats all they were worth. They are not very good items, in case you have not checked the economy lately, you can get a green perfect item for like 5k. Sorry if you dont like my appraisal. But it was free ~_~ you got what I offered.

sfniner08
July 2nd, 2006, 11:26 pm 

lol. A perfect green bow for 5k, which planet? There are nonperfect greens going for 10-20K. There are nonperfect golds going for 5K. I deal in bows everyday, as a Ranger. I'm not yelling or anything, but I think part of the problem with appraisal is, if it is only a few people then how valid is only few viewpoints. I understand that was your viewpoint, but yours WILL BE different from many. I have seen some of the same items range in price drastically based on location and on what time of day. At night I find better bargains on large quantity materials. During the day/early evening is a better time to sell weapons because of a higher demand. There are many other factors when appraising, such as the needs of a particular buyer. For example, I sold a Green Stinger for 6K, but the buyer didn't have enough and traded me a cc staff in exchange for a K. For days I advertised that can for a K. Today I posted make offer on cc staff, and someone came in right away for 2K. The point is, that appraising has so many variables and is very subjective. To make this work it has to get outside of a single thread in a forum. It needs to be out in the open, like a specified outpost in the game or something. I'm not trying to diss on your idea, but this particular medium is limited in number of players/customers and doesn't provide a timely response. Just my 2 cents. I hope all works out for ya.

kallick
July 3rd, 2006, 12:05 am 

Sorry to agree with Sfniner08 but your original reply did seem a bit overly aggressive, Farts :)

However this is an excellent service so keep it up.

[ 10 posts ]