top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

6 Pack Monk : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
meatball2005
December 19th, 2006, 10:50 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
I've seen shouting form a Monk in AB named Yes Urasismin about a 6 Pack Monk so I let him join my party. I almost !@#$%^&* my pants when I saw him in action. This dude could cap every shrine but the Nukers. I stood there and watched as he had 12 peeps on him comprised of nukers, wars, Necros, and Sins. The tanks were dropping fast. LMAO i emoted a double take. This dude was hitting for 30-40 Health per swing and he said one swing landed for 100.

He's not a 55 as the touchers could not bring him down. It looks like a monk can tank. This dude ripped through 12 people before he was brought down. What an amazing build. Definately elite in my book. If you see someone shouting a 6 pack monk build don't laugh at him. He knows his !@#$%^&*.

kallick
December 19th, 2006, 3:24 pm 

What the hell is this all about? Are you saying that there is a new uber build out there and you don't know what it is?

What skills was he using?

What armour was he wearing (if any)

More info if you can get it. Otherwise it looks made up.

yesurasismin
December 21st, 2006, 11:13 am 

Last edited by Guest on January 28th, 2007, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yesurasismin
December 21st, 2006, 11:52 am 

BTW It was posted here first and I want to say I don't use any of the 3rd party tools you offer. Just posting to the site

yesurasismin
December 21st, 2006, 11:59 am 

I am in the game under King Urasismin, Yes Urasismin or Sixpack Monk.

Oh Yeah Urasismin = YourAssIsMine

yesurasismin
December 21st, 2006, 1:11 pm 

I was tanking 5 Warriors today and one of them said OMG healing what a !@#$%^&* noob. Folks this build goes far beyond healing hands, without healing hands this build will shut down fast. It always seems when people see somethin g incredibly different and amazing they feel the need to be a critic. That's fine. I'm sure some of the skills their using would be called noobish as well. Hell in that case we're all noobs for using any skills at all. They just hate to see a monk hit for 30-40 dmg per swing. My Final Thrust has hit for 110 before.

Hell, you could even create a small 4 pack of monks with the monk tank. Each with a semi 6 pack build for healing and DMG for ABing. I'm working on the build as we speak. if anyone wished to contribute feel free.

Stop calling people noobs. I'm a noob, I don't know all there is to know about GW but I know how to work my Monk skills. Nuff Said. Enjoy.

kallick
December 22nd, 2006, 1:47 am 

First..if you are Meatball2005 you already have premium.

second..this build has the same skills as a solo warrior. The difference being that the warrior has nearly double the armour. I use the exact same skills on my hero Koss.

This build is better off on a proper purpose built tank.

Any enchantment removals (of which there are plenty) you'd be dead very quickly. You have no stances or the like to boost your armour.

Sorry to sound negative but posting 4 times is also very annoying and got me in the wrong frame of mind.

oh #edit# does this build ring any bells? http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Build:W/Mo_Ghial_Farmer

70160q
December 22nd, 2006, 9:24 pm 

i highly doubt that build would take on a touch ranger unless the ranger sucks because +6 health regen=12hps+37=49 health per sec
touchers steal 65 so the still do 65-49=16dps and the monk u said does ~30-40dps and a toucher is healed 65 per sec so how does that work out

rtlaverty
January 19th, 2007, 6:37 pm 

nice build i will try for other things like runs and farming. ppl dont tell others about this build if it realy works

Wild_Monkey
January 25th, 2007, 12:10 am 
premium
premium

Cash on hand:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
2 Levels of Armor Upgrades
590 Health (635 Enchanted)
6 Pips of Extra Healing
6 Health upgrades

corrected.

insignias that add to armor do not stack....each insignia only affects the piece of armor it is applied to. So at most you would have 75 armor (60+10 from insignia+5 from offhand)

see this: http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Armor

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Five pieces, five locations

Unlike most other RPG games, the effects of different pieces of armor do not simply add up to reduce damage. Each piece of armor protects a specific body location. When a particular body location is struck by damage, only the armor worn there is used to calculate the armor effect. Thus, wearing a super sturdy helm is not going to help you much when an attacker stabs you in the chest.

Each body location has a certain probability to be struck by damage. As crafting material requirements (from the same crafter) for armors of different body locations always have a fixed ratio, folklore has it that this ratio also correspond to the relative probabilities of each body location being struck by damage.

The five body locations and their "crafting material percentages" are:

* Head - 12.5% (1/8)
* Chest - 37.5% (3/8)
* Hands - 12.5% (1/8)
* Legs - 25% (2/8)
* Feet - 12.5% (1/8)

Your build is only good in certain situations...and has quite a few drawbacks. A Ranger can easily overcome that regen with conditions.
Applied interrupts like Choking gas or a good long daze will do you in easily. Combine that with an enchantment stripper...and a bit of damage up front from a tank and you're dead. If you won in pvp it's because you faced some people who don't know team work or don't know some vital things to bring to counter common builds that rely on enchantments.

I know that and I don't play pvp...I only pve.

I'm sure it's been thought of before...that's not a real stretch to imagine...

it's not worth premium because 1) you said you were someone who already has a premium account 2) you posted it to other sites just after posting it here...thus making it easily found in the community...which means it's common knowledge. 3) it's not a real great build.

and I'll say /Nay just to be sure because I despise people who use names like that (YourAssIsMine). You'll get no respect from me simply because you use a name like that.

edit:
looks somewhat similar to this build...
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Build:Mo/W ... 27s_Avatar

They tried to claim the same thing you're claiming and look what happened. True it's not the same build...that one has some rather glaring flaws...but your's does as well.

Last edited by Wild_Monkey on January 25th, 2007, 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wild_Monkey
January 25th, 2007, 12:15 am 
premium
premium

Cash on hand:

rtlaverty (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
nice build i will try for other things like runs and farming. ppl dont tell others about this build if it realy works

lol...he's posted it to like 3-4 other sites besides this...and posted it to them shortly after posting it here.

I did notice though he didn't bother to post it to 3 of the major sites GuildWiki, GwOnline, and Guru. If he really wants to prove to people this is a good build post it up to wiki and have it go through the vetting process. My bet is he won't be because he knows he won't get many favored votes.

"YourAssIsMine": want to prove me wrong?...post it up to GuildWiki.org and get it into the tested section...then I'll admit I was wrong.

rtlaverty
January 26th, 2007, 3:01 pm 

i say dont post on other sites or Guild Wars will be able to stop builds like this.

pinguogbs
February 2nd, 2007, 7:30 am 

Monks is better tankers then Warriors i say.

elf_of_darkwood
March 2nd, 2007, 5:39 pm 

That defies the logic of a tank...

rtlaverty
March 4th, 2007, 11:50 am 

monks can be better then tanks due to their healing.

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next