top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Looking Back... : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 10 posts ] 
nonvedete
July 17th, 2006, 8:56 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
In retrospect for those of you who had bought the game a long time ago and quit, do you feel like buying GuildWars was worth the money? I mean sure you don't have to pay monthly, but I felt when I played that it was lacking a lot of content. The game was okay for a while, but I quit before I even hit level 20.

Just plain and simple, do you feel like GuildWars was a waste of money, or do you feel like it was worth paying what you did?

kallick
July 17th, 2006, 11:14 pm 

It might be looking back for you but I haven't stopped playing it since i got it.

venomhead
July 18th, 2006, 5:15 am 

i still play it and i still feel that its worth it

bob0the0killer0
July 18th, 2006, 2:01 pm 

Well I have owned GW (Gild Wars) for some time now and it is what you pay for, I mean that I bought WoW (World of WarCraft) and GW was made by people that broke off the WoW Company. They took several of the WoW ideas and then increased the graphics and added seems to it. GW is nothing like WoW even thow at first glance they look similer. GW is missing several key things that WoW has to offer but I don’t believe that you should have to pay $15 a month for a kick !@#$%^&* mmorpg. They could easily make it $2-5 and still have the same quality but they don’t wont go give up the money. :(

In short I think the GW was worth it, it dissent fell like your losing anything to stop playing it. But I will also say wtf is with the need to make expansion packs!!

kallick
July 19th, 2006, 12:38 am 

To make money. You can't keep dozens of servers running indefinitely without a fresh injection of capital. Since there is no monthly subscription (for WoW it would be like having $90,000,000 coming in monthly) Anet make up these fund by releasing regular expansions. It's a samll price to pay for the consumer and it helps Anet.

I believe it's a good economic model as I like to be able to up and leave GW until I want to go back (I haven't left yet) whereas if I was paying a subscription I would feel that I had to play it to get my moneys worth.

sporkrocker
July 21st, 2006, 9:36 am 

bob0the0killer0 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Well I have owned GW (Gild Wars) for some time now and it is what you pay for, I mean that I bought WoW (World of WarCraft) and GW was made by people that broke off the WoW Company. They took several of the WoW ideas and then increased the graphics and added seems to it. GW is nothing like WoW even thow at first glance they look similer. GW is missing several key things that WoW has to offer but I don’t believe that you should have to pay $15 a month for a kick !@#$%^&* mmorpg. They could easily make it $2-5 and still have the same quality but they don’t wont go give up the money. :(

In short I think the GW was worth it, it dissent fell like your losing anything to stop playing it. But I will also say wtf is with the need to make expansion packs!!

You are sorely wrong about Anet stealing from Blizzard, guy. Anets crew that worked with blizzard did almost everygame for Blizzard til Warcraft 3. Seeing they after Diablo 2. The reason why War3 previous RTS models were sent to the dark ages. ( I miss War 2 :( )

So tell me how could Anet could have worked on WoW when they didn't work on War3?

It's true that GW has better graphics, but that is not why I play it. I would like to admit I love to think. That may sound odd, but hear me out. In WoW, as I have seen you can load up the whole screen with spells. With GuildWars you can only have 8 which already makes it that much harder and more strategic. Those 8 skills can make you a monster or a gimp. It then goes on a more grandiose scale when it comes down to PvP, more particular GvG, since it is usually more organized than AvA, Tombs, and etc.

I do not really care for the PvE for Guild Wars. I like what they have done to make the story interactive. Like how you do missions.

Many people gripe about their being zones and soloable worlds. I agree with them. I like to interact with people outside of towns. As do alot of people care when someone comes up behind them and steal their kill. I agree what the GW devs have done there. Me, I hate it when that happens, but for me I always played on PvP servers, so make sure you have a powerful Guild and Friends. >:D Old Time Ac1 DarkTide player.

Also it comes down to free online play. So when your out of the house or out of the State. You don't come back to gw and feel if you wasted money. Like with a constant monthly supscription. Only if you miss a GW event. Like I did with the double faction weekend. *grumble*

allistor666
July 21st, 2006, 9:39 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

i think the game was well worth the money. i played it 4 motnhs ago then stopped it the first day i played it. i then just recently started playing it again about 3 weeks ago so it was well worth the money

burntalive
July 27th, 2006, 12:57 pm 

Even though most people will go through the whole game with henchmen up until you start farming or whatever, I'd say it's still worth it, especially with no monthly fee so you don't have to feel tied to it. Plus the PVP in this game is amazing.

allistor666
July 27th, 2006, 10:37 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Well not everybody went through the game with henchies to help you some went through with the guild mates in their guild and helped them, well thats what happened to me well on my warrior im only lvl 17 close to lvl 18 but i had my guildies help me get far enough so i can get better skils and all other stuff and i dont even have factions yet so yea

trekkie9
August 21st, 2006, 9:03 am 

I am posotive guild wars was worth the money. Like stated before i like the feeling of not being forced to play it to get my moneys worth. I like playing different games every once and a while and GW allows me to do that with paying an arm and a leg.

[ 10 posts ]