top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Is ti worth it? : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 12 posts ] 
jmd419
July 27th, 2006, 8:28 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
I know its not a smart question to ask in the forums of the game but I played this for a few weeks and found that while the game looked awesome it was pretty boring. I didnt get that far or maybe I did it was hard to tell. I still have the game installed and heard people ranting about how good this game was but I wasnt a fan.
Could this be because I'm a new MMO player. I have only played World of Warcraft but I have leveled two characters to 60 and understand all thier mechanics but when I play Guild Wars I cant even find other players to play with.

Tault_admin
July 27th, 2006, 12:01 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Yea the problems with guildwars alot of the time is finding the same speaking players. They needed to do more of a wow approach and do better ip limiting for areas to keep us players at us areas to help people find friends to level with.

jmd419
July 27th, 2006, 12:08 pm 

Yeah i guess thats what happened because when i was playing there were people on but no one was talking and there was no one helpful out there. I just sorta gave up and let it rot on my computer. Maybe eventually I'll open it up ans look at the graphics some more and wish that there was a game with thier graphics and WoWs playability and gamer base. And no monthly fee.
Is that tooo much to ask?
yeah i know it is too

Tault_admin
July 27th, 2006, 12:41 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Takes some work. I would go to the sites official forums look for english speaking servers via there.

allistor666
July 27th, 2006, 10:42 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

it all depends on where u go in the game but if you somewhere like Bloodstone Fen or The Wilds which are both mission areas then it is hard to find somebody to help you and i came from World of Warcraft to play Guild Wars i find Guild Wars ALOT better then WoW well 1 reason is i have 8 lvl 60's on all servers i go onto on Horde and Alliance so it all depends on where you go in GW to find somebody to help you but if you go somewhere like Sanctum Cay mission u will get through it without a problem and its like 1 of the easiest mission in the game i think but once u beat Sanctum Cay mission and get to The Amnoon Oasis then you will always find somebody there to help you with the stuff you need like quests or just a run(cost money) you will always get some sort of help no matter where you go.

kallick
July 27th, 2006, 11:15 pm 

I seem to find no problems on the European servers. It may be because we have favor more often than not?

jmd419
July 28th, 2006, 6:46 am 

i check it out and try reading up on everything to figure it out and find a nice server to play on

WowHomer
July 30th, 2006, 8:15 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Hey kallick i have an avatar just like yours, saved in my ImgCache

kallick
July 31st, 2006, 12:51 am 

And as it happens your Homer one is pretty damn smart.

I stole my avatar of another forum somewhere. I assume it's the bad guy from Spiderman. i can't remember his name. Venom?

bassmaster52
July 31st, 2006, 3:06 am 
premium

Cash on hand:

I have not really had any problem getting people to help with missions, if I can't find anybody in a certain location to quest with I contact some guild members and they come with me. A good thing to do is get into a good active guild that is willing to help.

sleekightslayer
July 31st, 2006, 6:27 pm 

Hey I share some sympathy with you Jmd419 because when i first bought the game it was like a month or 2 ago and i bought the factions part of the game. I started and i thought wow this game really sucks... but then i thought that my Dad jsut bought this for me and i should make the best of it... So I DID! and now this game is pretty awesome it justs takes a long time to get the hang of it i suggest that you should start the game back up and not be afraid to ask people questions cause I was afraid and I was level 5 for 3 WEEKS! trying to level up on creatures when i should be doing the quests. Just talk to people ask question get in a guild then you'll be enjoying the game more.

I've never played an MMO i ussually play Shooters or Strategy and RPG so this was all new and sucked! UNTIL I gave it a swing. GL man and have fun.

trekkie9
August 20th, 2006, 6:04 am 

I played Lineage2 before guild wars and didn't have any problems making the transition. They are very similar layouts however.

[ 12 posts ]