top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

GW's Big Nerf : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 1 post ] 
hopesdestiny
October 26th, 2006, 1:08 pm 

Cash on hand:

As I'm sure when you started GW, you saw the big update. Well, it's not just for Nightfall, they also put some serious nerfs to skills and AI behavior that have really impacted farming. Spirit Bond now only lasts for 10 hits.....605hp or 55 hybrids are now useless against larger groups or faster hitting foes. My solo necro build that I've used to clear sections of FoW now can't even take out the Minotaurs in Elona's Reach... The AI now causes foes to spread out when under SoJ and SS so farming took another hit. Just go to ToA and listen to people talk about the effects.....There's a lot of people that are seriously miffed (me too). On a side note, with UW and FoW farming become *much* harder shards and ecto prices are rising....For now solo/dual SS/Mo farming has been layed low and there's going to be more balanced groups and trappers in the UW/FoW. Well, anyways I'm sure people will adjust, but there are a lot of angry people out there....seems odd that ANerf hates farmers so much...sigh...

Kurghan

Edit:

I've done some in-game testing (farming with my Ritualist) and it appears that when a melee monster gets low on health, there is a modest chance that it will break aggro and regen health. This is not even related to AoE effects. This makes fights longer and harder. I've actually had to continously chase some melee foes after they'd broken aggro. This is not only affecting farming, but also other aspects of PvE. Tanking where aggro management is a key role now has become much harder. The already chaotic PUG groups will just become more chaotic with aggro control becoming erratic.

This was quted by one of my guild mates this afternoon and I also notice some of these as well, so is farming dead? No it is just taking a breif breather.

[ 1 post ]