TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Killing The Doppleganger : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 8 posts ] 
lostlegacy
April 25th, 2007, 1:44 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Beating The Doppleganger:

Note: Some proffesions have not been included becouse due to nerfs and skill balances some classes do not have any easy ways to kill this boss. I recommend you just try out your own combos and see what works.

Monk: All you have to bring is, Life Attunement and Healing Breeze. You should not use life attunement, it makes your damage only a fraction of what it origanaly was. He will use it instead and you will do much more damage then him. If you need a quick heal use healing breeze.

Mesmer: All you need in your skill bar are three skills, Hexbreaker, Backfire, and Empathy. Before you get too close, cast Hexbreaker on him, then cast empathy soon after. Then Recast Hexbreaker and cast Backfire. Just stand back and dodge the arrows. Dont go in close becouse you can dodge his arrows better then his sword.

Necro: Only brings skills and curses that sacrifice your own life, do not use these skills, just attack him with whatever weapon you have, he will instead use these skills thus ultimatly killing himself.

Ranger: Just bring rituals, you come and and just start shooting with you bow and he will waste time creating the rituals while you are killing him.

Warrior: Dont bring any skills in your skill bar except for Frenzy, just come in and start killing him, he will use Frenzy and you will be able to kill him before he kills you.

I hope this helped you all that were still having trouble beating this boss and want to get ascended. If you have anymore tips on how to beat this boss for either thses proffesions or others not listed please feel free to post them or PM me and I will add them to the guide and give you credit, Thanks for reading.

allistor666
April 28th, 2007, 9:52 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

wow this is nice ty

jetsal
June 5th, 2007, 6:31 pm 

Where di u find a Doppleganger?

bellona
June 9th, 2007, 3:00 am 

You find a doppleganger in Prophecies during the ascencion. Actually this is your final foe for it. You will find it in Augury Rock mission ^^

joka666
June 13th, 2007, 1:16 am 

for a sword-warrior ascending is easy, it took me 17 seconds to beat the doppleganger

1. ensure you have a max damage sundering sword
2. use a build that includes endure pain, riposte and deadly riposte

as soon as the fight starts throw up endure pain, riposte and deadly riposte and then go and fight the doppleganger, while fighting your riposte will run out so hit it again a few seconds later the doppleganger will die from the damage he is taking TRYING to hit you... the dual riposte build is great against other warriors too :D

dlm_bittersweet
June 13th, 2007, 9:37 am 

I actually used a KD build against him. I went in as a W/R with some rituals, then kept knocking him down while he was trying to put them up.

Wild_Monkey
June 13th, 2007, 10:47 pm 
premium
premium

Cash on hand:

I created a build over on guildwiki and posted it to the discussion part of the guide to defeating the doppleganger. It was a Ranger only build...had 6 nature rituals on the left side of the bar...then apply poison and screaming shot (for bleeding) on the right. I've run this build as low as level 10 and was able to kill the doppleganger while taking absolutely no damage...perfect for survivor characters. I've used the build with 5 or 6 survivor characters without fail.

The trick is that the doppleganger prefers skills on the left side of the bar...so he starts off with all the nature rituals...and never gets to apply poison or screaming shot.

taez246
June 1st, 2010, 4:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

for warriors its really simple get a hammer....i used the /bonus hammer if you can get it use it. just put all your skill points in hammers with no skills in you skill bar. just walk in and swing away worked for me and i had 40 armor or something like that.

[ 8 posts ]