top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

notes on currency : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 1 post ] 
tault_trident
May 20th, 2005, 12:36 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
I've been using 'cheat engine' to try and find an exploit with depositing money into your storage. Here's some interesting things:

First, I found the memory location that refers to the amount of money you have shown in the "deposit" window. (before you actually click deposit.)

I tried these things:
1) Modify the value, to try and deposit more cash than you have in your inventory. This silently fails.
2) Modify the value to 0 - this silently fails too.
3) Change the value to a negative number - this actually works!! But instead of depositing money, it WITHDRAWS money from your storage. So obviously the next thing I tried was using a super large negative number, but it wouldn't let me withdraw more than I had in storage.

I also tried the other way around, using the "withdraw funds" feature in storage, with similar results - using a negative number adds money, but no more than you currently have in your inventory.

Next I tried the value when trading with someone. I was hoping that if I tried to trade them a negative amount of gold, I would 'steal' gold from their inventory. Not the case - when you change (in memory) the amount of gold you're offering to a negative number, and then click "submit offer" it actually submits ALL OF YOUR GOLD to the other person.

Anyways, I just thought this was interesting. This might give some of you guys ideas on how to steal funds, or clone items... Input and suggestions are welcome.

[ 1 post ]