top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

More Money with every drop - A nice little trick. : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
bumblebee
July 13th, 2005, 1:42 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
Well don't know if this has ever been mentioned here before but for every item you can identify it with an 'Identification kit' a trick which some people might not know is that when ever you identify something it will always be worth more when you sell it to a vendor sometimes it could be 3 times the original price you would of gotten, though you might just get 1 gold more ^^.

Anyways just try it since an 'Identification kit' is only worth 100g and you have 25 uses per kit you will most certainly get your moneys worth.

Ok I have attached an image;
ok as you can see in 'image 1' the 'Grim Cesta' is worth 22g.
in 'image 2' you can see an 'Identification kit' use that on the 'Grim Cesta'.
Then you can see now the 'Grim Cesta is worth almost twice its original price to a vendor.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

I always identify everything i am going to sell to a vendor.

faeth924
July 13th, 2005, 5:23 am 

Wow.....if that is true, it is unbelievable. You can use a identification kit.... on a normal white item that is not unidentified... and DOUBLE the profit from selling it?

Can we get this confirmed?

*EDIT*

Well I just tried it and it did indeed work. Ordinary items from North Kryta Province once identified went from values of around 22 to 39. Some items went from 12 to 13 though. It doesn't work every times, but sometimes the benefit is signifigant!

I say premium worthy

tault_yakisoba_8
July 13th, 2005, 7:56 am 

This isn't an exploit or anything, I thought this was general knowledge lol.

tault_libertygone
July 13th, 2005, 8:08 am 

Yeah... hahaha, this is not premium worthy, I have been doing this since I started playing...

tault_greybok
July 13th, 2005, 1:58 pm 

It isnt common knowledge to most and you guys really seem to be stingy with the premium. It is a very good trick to use for easy money and i polled 100 online and only 4 knew about it. I think it is premium worthy.

tault_libertygone
July 13th, 2005, 2:36 pm 

Premium access is given for premium information...

Well let's take a poll here:

How many people know about this on this site?

tault_thcue
July 13th, 2005, 3:00 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Honstly I did not but will i do it prolly not lol

tault_defjam101
July 13th, 2005, 3:38 pm 

It isn't worth premium because

A.It doesn't always work
B.Since every use on the ID Kit costs money, you may not make any extra money at all
C. It is basically a Gamble
D. It's just a trick to help poor people make a few extra coins, and is only effective if you do it throughout the game with every item you get, which would become tedious.(And you wouldn't NOTICE the gold gain, it's so streamlined that the amount of gold you make would become standard for you, and not very different from that of the average player.)

tault_libertygone
July 13th, 2005, 4:17 pm 

Well spoken defjam. In fact, when I do this, almost 65% of the time (rough estimate) the item only increases by 1gp, resulting in a profit loss of 3gp each time. I do believe that the most I have ever seen an item increase by is 40gp, so lets say on average they increase (when they do) by 20gp. Lets round that 65% to 60%. Your loss on profit with items with 0 or 1gp increase is going to be 24-32gp over 10 items. Let's also say the other items net you an 80gp total increase, with a say, 62gp total profit. Take the time it takes you to identify 10 items, lets say, 10 seconds. I would rather spend that 10 seconds running to a chest that pops 100-200 gold.

faeth924
July 13th, 2005, 4:27 pm 

Well Liberty you aren't IDing the right things. Let me help this kid out, because I really think it was a great submission.

I personally didn't know that you can increase the value of IDENTIFIED normal things! So what, am I a noobie?

I have done a little tinkering and discovered that you can increase the value of an item by 20-50g if you Identify a normal item that is:

1) Near Max
2) Has high requirements (10 Death magic, 9 Strength, etc)
3) Is a high quality item (Fiery Swords instead of Normal Longswords etc)

If you waste an ID on an item that is not near max, has low reqs (5 or 6), or is a low quality item, there is a very good chance that you will only increase the value by 1gp.

So, just follow that little guideline and you can rake in an extra 200 gold or so per trip to the vender (assuming you have an inventory full of goodies from a high level area, and yes I factored in the price of an ID kit).

tault_libertygone
July 13th, 2005, 7:56 pm 

=]

Good research, now the information is valuable. Now, what do you mean by you can increase the value of identified things? Once something is identified, if you ID it again, it says "That item is already identified." Unless you mean white=identified....

tault_akanon
July 13th, 2005, 8:11 pm 

I had no idea about this - I'd say it's premworthy

tault_defjam101
July 13th, 2005, 8:26 pm 

I think the point is this: It isn't considered an Exploit because you dont need to use any sort of feature into the game that wasn't intented. Obviously, you are taking a risk as to whether or not you get gold not definetly getting a reward. Also, this is for making"extra" cash. I doubt many people have the willpower to Indentify Every Single last item they find, and always have to visit the trader to get more ID kits. The only people I could reccomend this to are people in Pre Searing or Old Ascalon, where every purchase is one of quarter inches, and every peice of gold counts. But I can't reccomend it to someone serious about farming, as this would just add to his time he has to take farming an area.

Tault_admin
July 14th, 2005, 12:42 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Yea not a real exploit but if you consider it a great guide worth premium we can give him premium based ona guide which isnt as long as an exploit but still he gets a little while of access to the site.

faeth924
July 14th, 2005, 5:10 am 

@admin: Well, I'm note sure if it qualifies as a guide or an exploit. It seems like a guide because he is telling us what to do to make a little money. On the other hand, it seems like an exploit because it is something few people know about and doesn't seem normal.

@Liberty: Yes I meant white when I said "identified things." You cannot just keep identifying something over and over, you get that message "This item has been identified."

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next