top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

The 2 Man Smite Rune : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 4 posts ] 
spudchucker
July 18th, 2005, 5:17 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
You have probably seen groups being formed in the temple of ages for 6-4 man smite runs, yet even 4 people is too much. As all you have to do is take 2. Smite runs involve killing smite crawlers in UW for stormbows, etc.

Both classes must be monk primaries as divine favor skills are needed. The first character build is going to be the tank, drawing the attention of the creatures and killing them.

Attribute Distribution:

Healing: 9 points
Smiting: 16 points
Divine: 9 points
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Skill Set:
1. Zealots Fire
2. Spell Breaker(must for coldfire)
3. Symbol of Wrath
4. Balthazar's Aura
5. Orison of Healing
6. Healing Breeze
7. Essence Bond
8. Balthazar's Spirit
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Cast Essence Bond, and Balthazar's Spirit on self. This will help you regain energy once in battle.

Prior to a fight cast Zealots Fire on self then draw the aggro(Make sure you are far enough ahead to not pull them back to your support monk, all creatures must be attacking YOU). Next use use Symbol of Wrath followed by Balthazar's Aura. Proceed by spamming orison of healing, and healing breeze healing yourself and causing additonal damage to enemies. Rinse and Repeat for every group of foes.

And now the 2nd monk....the protection monk.

Attribute Distribution:

Protection: 14 points or higher
Divine: 12 points or higher

Skill Set:
1. (Your Choice) Mantra of Inscription works well, mesmer)
2. Mark of Protection
3. Blessed Signet
4. Signet of Devotion
5. Life Bond
6. Protective Bond
7. Essence Bond
8. Balthazar's Spirit

Cast Essence Bond, Prot Bond, and Life Bond on other Monk. Cast Balthazar's Spirit on Self. Balthazar's Spirit will compensate for the 2 energy lost when the monk with protective bond takes more then 5% damage. Cast Blessed Signet on Self till energy is full.

Mark of Protection and Signet of Devotion are used to help out the tanking monk when needed. You should only move up to cast when all creatures have stuck to tank, so they do not run to you when you are within aggro range. If you switch to mesmer secondary, you can use mantra of inscription which decreases re-charge time of signets.

Thank you for taking the time to read my guide, it has served me well and hopefully will do thesame for you. Hopefully this is a worthy submission for a premium account :).

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Seems like a neat idea, if the tank can stay alive. I think you got a little confused about which signet does what. Signet of Devotion Heals (right?) and Blessed Signet gives you energy.

Can anyone confirm? My smiting monk is only level 16 Sad

Lol I tried not to get the two confused but I did, fixed it <.<

Last edited by Guest on July 19th, 2005, 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

faeth924
July 19th, 2005, 5:12 am 

Seems like a neat idea, if the tank can stay alive. I think you got a little confused about which signet does what. Signet of Devotion Heals (right?) and Blessed Signet gives you energy.

Can anyone confirm? My smiting monk is only level 19

ALSO:
I would just like someone to confirm for me that the mesmer spell Archane Echo DOES NOT work with a signet (Blessed Signet). It would be uber pimp if I could cast Blessed Signet twice in a row during combat, but the description says "spell"

Last edited by Guest on July 21st, 2005, 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

tault_libertygone
July 19th, 2005, 11:14 am 

i could try it but i would have to find another competent smiting monk ingame.

uffda100
July 20th, 2005, 7:55 pm 

im gonna try this with a monk friend if i can

[ 4 posts ]