top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Easy money for a Mesmer outside Elona! : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 8 posts ] 
slate_685
July 25th, 2005, 9:59 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Mesmers are not very good farmers, so it is hard to find good places for them. One good place to farm with them is outside Elona Reach; there are three wreckages in quick succesion.

The first thing you need to do is fix your mesmer up. I use this build to farm this place (runes not calculated):
Fast Casting: 7
Illusion: 10
Domination:7
Inspiration: 9

The skills I use are: Backfire, Mantra of Persistence; Shatter Delusions, Conjure Phantasm, Phantom Pain, Illusion of Haste, Ethereal Burden, and Ether Feast.

Whenever you see a drake alone, you can take them down easily. First cast mantra of persistence before you enter battle. Then cast Phantasm, Phanotm pain, and Backfire. If the drake is not dead yet, use Shatter Delusions.

If two drakes are by you, though, it is best to just run around them using Illusion of Haste. Be sure not to aggro them, though, as they can still catch up to you.

Now, for the farming. Follow the map to Wreckage A. Press Alt when you are around there to find the wreckage. Then let your char die by either the drakes or the scarabs; you should be ressurected at the res point (Note:if you are standing on the top of the ridge, you will not ressed at the res point. Make sure you go around to the bottom of the ridge).

When you are ressed, go right and hug the canyon wall for about 10-15 seconds. You should see Wreckage B (hold Alt). The, keep on following the wall right for another 10-15 seconds to find Wreckage C(press Alt).

Wreckages A and B give you items, while wreckages give you gold. Also, killing the Drakes will give you additional XP and items.

I make about 250 gold per run. Each run is approximately five-ten (depending on what you kill) minutes, so that is 1.5k-3k per hour. That may be shabby for a warrior farming, but it is pretty good for a class like a mesmer. It is the best farming spot of have found yet.

Edit: So how do you guys like it? I think it is the best spot for a mesmer to farm, because you can solo drakes if they are alone. Also, it does not take to long once you get the hang of it,.

As for illusion of Haste, if you have your illusion skill at the setting I recommended, by the time the spell wears off and you are crippled, it is recharged and you have your energy back. The only bad thing is you have to stop running to cast it.

Edit2: Well, guys, it looked like Arenanet nerfed the second part of my run :(. I tried it again today many times and it looks like you cannot res back at that res point. Damn them. The first part of the run is still valid though, and so is the killing of the drakes. Killing the drakes actually makes you the most money, +120XP, because their drops are very good. With just the first part of the run, I still make around 150 gold in a shorter time. The highest I made doing this run today was 235 (with just the first part!)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Guest on July 26th, 2005, 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tault_libertygone
July 25th, 2005, 10:09 pm 

Sounds like a decent little run, kinda long though. What does everyone else think?

faeth924
July 26th, 2005, 4:53 am 

Yea, a bit long. Then again, how many farming spots do you find that a mesmer can go to?

I've never developed my mesmer, how long can Illusion of Haste last for? And what is the recast time? I know that you become crippled after it expires, so its not so great in PVP. However in PvE the enemies give up pretty quickly.

Could a level 20 with maxed Illusion of Haste do the Droknar's run? The Melee only cave trolls give up pretty quickly....

tault_libertygone
July 26th, 2005, 8:56 am 

Nah, you would need some skills which prevented you from being knocked down. Plus, mesmers just don't have the armor. Illusion of haste is actually pretty good. Even at the lowest level, the recharge time is the same as the duration. At higher levels, it's more. So that means you can do illusion of haste, and when it runs out and you're crippled again, just do it again, no cripple, no wait. Plus it's only 5 energy.

faeth924
July 26th, 2005, 1:24 pm 

In Talus Chute, there are chests guarded by Cave trolls, and they are melee only. To my knowledge, they cannot knock you down. However, there are other types of trolls that can.

Try out your mesmer on that chest run, let me know if it works. I know you don't have the armor to sustain damage, but the trolls give up very quickly if they see that you are running faster than them. I'd reckon you could swoop in there and grab both of the chests.

I could do it with an elementalist! Believe it or not =\. I have a level 16 ele who specializes in water magic. I cast "armor of mist" which increases my speed by 33%. Only bad part is the long recast time, so I had to stop for quite a while inbetween the groups. That and AoM takes 2 seconds to cast.

tault_libertygone
July 26th, 2005, 1:41 pm 

haha, by droknars run i figured you meant beacons to droknars, haha i get it now. yeah they might be able to do it. even with running though, those chests are buried in trolls sometimes. even stopping to pick up the loot could mean death for a mesmer.

faeth924
July 27th, 2005, 5:19 am 

What's that other spell? Not Illusion of Haste.... Illusion of Health or some such thing?

Takes away some of your health, then when you get down to 25% hp you get them back?

That could be helpful?

...May as well give it a shot. It's such a quick run, you could probably just get the gold chest (which you could DEF pick up before you died) and it would probably still be a quicker way of getting money.

uffda100
July 27th, 2005, 8:48 am 

i think its illusion of weakness or something faeth

[ 8 posts ]