top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Easiest farming build (Mo/W) EVER for most of the mobs...! : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 14 posts ] 
pirombas
July 20th, 2005, 1:05 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Not a Premium Member and want to join for free? Submit here a detailed Exploit, Macro, Guide, or something else special for a Premium account.

:oops:

Sup guys! I am posting my first post here to try to get a premium account. Hopefully the admin will give me one because of this build. ;D

Well, first of all you need to be at level 20, of course :P

I usually use this run for griffons, here it is the build (remember that you need to be a Mo/W for this to work)

First you get your armor (I use the ascetic tatoos one) and put in all of the pieces of the armor a Superior Rune (you have to use 2 of the same so that ALL of your armor pieces have a Sup Rune, I use two Sup Divine because they are cheap).

The next step is to set your attributes. Here they are:
Healing: 9
Smiting: 14
Protection: 14 <-- Those attributes are WITH the SUP runes
Divine: 10
Tactics: 4

You will see that your HP is 104 or something like that, thats because of the Sup Runes of course.. :P

Then what you need to arrange is your skills. They are gonna be:

http://home.comcast.net/~parmando/skill.bmp

1 - Protective Bond
2 - Essence Bond
3 - Balthazar's Spirit
4 - Mending
5 - Healing Breeze
6 - Bonetti's Defense
7 - Balthazar's Aura
8 - Shield of Judgement {e}*

What you do first is go out to start farming. Then when you find a mob, let him kill you! Yes, let him kill you so that you have 33HP. Then you cast all of the first four skills and start running, aggroing every Minotour, Griffon you find in front of you. When you feel that you have enough mobs on you, cast Healing Breeze and Bonetti's Defense (it should be up very quick since you have 20+ mobs on you). After that, wait for your mana to get to the limit and cast Balthazar's Aura and Shield of Judgement. That's it! Just keep using Healing Breeze, Bonetti's and Balth Aura and SoJ to kill everything... =) If you feel that you are low on HP, just cast Healing Breeze again (even if you have it on) so that you gain the divine heal from it.

AH! Don't forget to get the drops also -_-

PS.: This is the easiest farm build I have ever tried..! And Rockshot Devourers are not a pain with this build since the skills you are using are almost instant cast.

*: Shield of Judgement is only available in Mineral Springs. The mob is called Myd Springclaw and you get there from Granite Citadel. Here it is the locations, Granite Citadel is the dot on the bottom left by the way... :P

http://home.comcast.net/~parmando/elite.bmp

After all of this nice build, I think I deserve a Premium Account, don't you think guys? 8)

Edit to answer the first post, since I can't post anything:
The Superior Runes are used just so that you get -75HP and get to 104HP.. After that when you die you will have 33 HP which using Protective Bond and Essence Bond makes you take 1 DAMAGE at a time, and since you have Mending on you, you have a health regen of 3 which makes you impossible to die receiving 1 DAMAGE at a time with 3 health regen.

Edit 2: Just to remind you, Protective Bond and Essence Bond are a enchantment, so you do not have to keep casting them... -_-

:roll:

Edit 3: You guys are talking no sense since you haven't tried the build yet. Try it FIRST, then talk about it...

Superiors Monk runes are like 10K for all of them. C'mom people... -_-

I will try to upload a movie for you guys, so that you can see how easy it is.. -_-

Last edited by Guest on July 20th, 2005, 6:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

faeth924
July 20th, 2005, 5:30 am 

With so few hit points, won't you die too quickly to kill all those mobs? Also, a lot of those spells wont recharge fast enough to keep you alive.

Also, your points are quite spread out. The most effective builds I've seen involve superior runes only in the skills that you NEED, and either 2 skills maxed 1 skill minimal or 2 skills nearly maxed with a third fairly high.

You know what could really help? A farming video of this build.

uffda100
July 20th, 2005, 1:06 pm 

id think 20 mobs would still kill you since even just doing 1 damage a peice you're down to 13 hp after the first round of attacks, you'll only regen to 23 for the next round leaving you at around 3.. the next round would kill you

faeth924
July 20th, 2005, 1:40 pm 

I agree, even if you are only taking 1 damage apiece and you have 33 hp, you get attacked by 15 trolls. That's 15 damage. That's half of your life. Mending gives you +3 hp regen per second which is 6. So that means you are still losing life much faster than you are gaining it.

If you could make a video I'd be much less skepticle. Or can anyone try this build out? I don't have some of those skills.

tault_libertygone
July 20th, 2005, 1:47 pm 

if this guy wants to front me the cash for the superiors I will try it out.

EDIT: I don't have bonetti's defense so I will have to look for a similar or better substitute.

faeth924
July 20th, 2005, 1:55 pm 

On a similar note, I want to change my Mo/E into a Mo/W. How do I do that?

tault_libertygone
July 20th, 2005, 3:27 pm 

Warriors path in destiny's gorge. I don't think its worth it though, because you would have to buy all the warrior skills you want to use. Kinda a bummer.

faeth924
July 20th, 2005, 5:34 pm 

I really just need sprint....

Tault_admin
July 23rd, 2005, 5:53 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Eh yay or nay?

tault_libertygone
July 23rd, 2005, 6:30 pm 

As soon as I get the time to switch to a warrior, i had planned on trying this. maybe tomorrow.

tault_libertygone
July 25th, 2005, 2:35 pm 

What happened to that movie?

uffda100
August 1st, 2005, 3:42 pm 

i think we know this works now, its everywhere.. including thw UW solo guide. and monk runes are through the roof superior healing was 20k.

spudchucker
August 2nd, 2005, 10:51 am 

Alright, if you cast Protective Bond with 14 protective prayer you will be losing 2 energy for every 5% of health lost.

To counter that you are going to cast Balthazars Spirit, and Essence Bond thus lets assume that your energy will stay still...even though essence bond only works for phsyical damage ;).

With Mending, you will be running 4 enchants, and have no energy regen...thus the only way you can gain energy is by casting Bonetti's Defense.

If your health is at 33 ;), you don't need any points in divine favor as with healing prayer at 9 you will gain 10 regen after casting breeze.

Shield of Judgment isn't needed.

Personally this isn't a very well thought out guide and fails to introduce anything new. YES, it does work, but so does every other farming build that has been posted <.< ANY primary profession monk who has played the game untill level 20 probably knows how to use protective bond better then posted here <.<

tault_libertygone
August 2nd, 2005, 1:08 pm 

I think that about wraps it up. This submission will not be accepted. Closing thread!

[ 14 posts ]