Gash
Healing Breeze
Sprint

Here's my stat point distribution:

Healing: 6
Strength: 12+1
Swordsmanship: 8
Then 5 points left over.

Alright, the first thing you do when you enter the mission is go to the pig named Oink. DO NOT CLICK THE PIG . There will be a group of undead that come around the corner and eventually pass. Once the first group has passed go back out to the main road and head south around the bend. A second group will then start to move. Use Sprint to run back to Oink. Wait there for the second group to pass. Once the second group has passed do the same thing except this time you will need to go a little farther into the valley. You won't be able to see the undead unless you hold CTRL. Once you see them start to move towards your position run back and wait for them to pass (the last group takes the longest). Once the last group has passed you may proceed down the path. There will be a boss waiting for you. You can fight him or you can just Sprint past him.

Follow the path around until you come to the Zombie Warlock and the Skeleton Ranger. Once you get to them stop before you aggro them. If you don't know what I mean then read the section in Alarian's Soloing Lightning and Grand Drakes Easliy Guide about the aggro circle. If you look on you compass minimap you'll see a group of undead to the SW; once you get close enough to the Zombie Warlock and the Skeleton Ranger this group will begin to move to the SE. When this group moves it opens up a route that will allow you to bypass quite a few battles that you would most likely lose. Once the group moves use Sprint to run past the Zombie Warlock and the Skeleton Ranger. Once you are at the edge of the swamp wait a few moments. Make sure to cast Mending if you haven't done so already. Once you are ready make your way through the swamp hugging the western wall as closely as possible. There is a group of undead patroling up ahead. Use CTRL in order to see them. Once they are as far away from the wall as possible use Sprint to rush past them. If your health is low use Healing Breeze to regenerate some of it. Once past the group of undead head along the path to the south. There will be four groups of undead awaiting. In order to get through the gate you must kill three of the four groups. Sprint along the path past the first group and head straight for the gate where the White Mantle are. Try to keep as many White Mantle alive as possible. The first two groups of undead should be killed fairly quickly. The third group will require some pulling. Once you have taken care of the undead the gate will open. Go through the gate and speak with the White Mantle Justicar.

The next part is fairly simple. Go through the newly opened gate to the south. Along the beach the are Lightning Drakes and Chests. Before the Drakes there are a few groups of Mergoyles which can be sprinted past. Head for the water and by holding CTRL you can see the masses of Drakes along the coast. I pull 2 Drakes at a time and I use this skill sequence: Power Attack Pure Strike Sever Artery Gash Final Thrust. If you attract to many drakes simply use Sprint to evade them. I've done this about 10 times now, and this is a great location with a ton of drakes. This can easily be solo'd by a level 20 using Droknar's Forge Armor.

Gates of Kryta Solo Drake Run: Monk/Elementalist

Here's the skills that I use:

Meteor Storm
Inferno
Flameburst
Phoenix
Flare
Healing Breeze
Healing Seed
Orison of Healing

Here's my stat point distribution:

Healing: 12+2
Any left over points into Fire Magic.

Use the above guide in order to get to the Drakes. The only difference that you may have is speed since an Elementalist can't sprint unless you have Windborne Speed.

tault_greybok
September 1st, 2005, 7:47 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
This was just posted in the last few days and drake farming is about the oldest thing in the game. Try and find something new to post for a change. moderator needs to lock

faeth924
September 1st, 2005, 8:32 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
Poor Liberty, he must be so sick and tired! Seems like he has to lock every submission, and there are like 10 a day. (or more)

=*( Poor guy needs a raise!!!

[ 3 posts ]