top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Soloing UW after the smite update : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 7 posts ] 
stvt32
December 4th, 2005, 2:55 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
To do this you will need either a N/Mo or Mo/N with 55 and a sword. (I use the HoD sword with +20 enchantments.)

Attribs:
15 Curses
11 Prot
7 Healing

here are 6 skills vitel to this build:
Spiteful Spirit
Mark of Pain
Protective Spirit
Healing Breeze
Live Vicariosly
Mending
( 2 open spots, so I would suggest energy skills such as Balths Spirit)

Go into the UW and immediately cast Live Vicariosly and Mending on yourself. Try to pull as many creatures as you can at once and one by one cast Spteful Spirit on them, since the recharge time is only 10 seconds, I believe, that will give you time to cast Mark of Pain on of other creatures. Keep hitting the creature with MoP as it will deal something like 40 damage to all nearby foes when it takes physical damage (That is the key to using a sword.) Prot spirit should be up at all times, of course, and you should keep healing breeze up as much as well, although, since you are using Live Vicariosly it really won't be that necessary because you will get health everytime you hit a foe. Remembering all the stuff takes a while to get used to...and you have to get in the habit of keeping Mark of Pain up at all times and keep casting Spiteful Spirit...but you will get used to it, and once you do it really is a good build. If you have any suggestions or see any flaws just tell me...because I've had some pretty good luck with it.

I also like to keep a Curse Staff in my 2nd weapon slot so I can kill Night Mares if they pop up. A max damage staff with 16 curses should take them out in 1 hit, at most 2.

In response to Firekils post-
Rarely do you get 2 nightmares...it's only happened to me like once or twice...but that is a risk you always face when soloing the UW. And you usually have enough time to kill the Night Mares because Rend Enchantment takes something like 3 seconds to cast...and they have like 50 health.

In respose to other post-
You are talking of things faced by all UW soloing. NM, by that I think you mean Night Mares... I carry a Curse Wand Max Damage, and with 16 curses it usually takes them out in 1 hit.... Interruption happens sometimes, not all... But anytime you solo the UW you will have to deal with that... Due to Spiteful's quick recharge time it usually isn't a problem I've faced much... But alas, I have figure it out...Guardian...Cast Guardian on yourself...that will give you a lot less chance of interupption. When smiting was not nerfed and you would go into the UW as a monk hoping to own with Balths Aura you were risking a lot more when you tried to cast Aura...3 second cast and if you missed you would have to wate 30 seconds, and would waste 25 energy...So comparitively this is better I believe.

In response to MxDude- You have Balthazaars Spirit with you...that should do you some good....Also, I don't always bring live vicariosly...I bring essence bond. Live vicariously is just a little touch I added while messing around with my build. So in the end it will be the same energy gain as with Monk smiting. Balths spirit and essence bond.

Last edited by Guest on December 11th, 2005, 6:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

firekil
December 4th, 2005, 3:59 pm 

i would think that u could not take on a big group at a time becuz most of the time u would have 2 nightmares pop-up, and then your gone.

good idea though, putting the iMonk together with the SS necro

xipetotec
December 4th, 2005, 5:57 pm 

how will you deal with NM and obviously you will be interupted alot

explain or post a vid

mxdude
December 11th, 2005, 2:05 pm 

How would you get energy?

deadlyblowfish
December 12th, 2005, 11:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

*revived*

opinions?

firekil
December 13th, 2005, 12:58 pm 

tell us how u would deal with interrupts?

shanusone
December 13th, 2005, 2:24 pm 

mxdude (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
How would you get energy?

stvt32 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
(2 open spots, so I would suggest energy skills such as Balths Spirit)

[ 7 posts ]