top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

[Guide] Rune farming! (premium membership?) : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 6 posts ] 
reaxzor
February 22nd, 2006, 8:15 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
Need to unlock that Superior Absorbtion Rune?

Don't want to shell out 50k to get a Sup. Vigor?

Tired of needing a W/Mo to farm/solo anything?

Here's how to get your runes...

Step 1; Load in Beetletun. Leave going east across Nebo terrace. Ettins here are spotty on rune drops, so kill if you want. Sprint on past all the mobs here to the portal to N. Kryta.
Step 2; Sprint through ascalon settlement and fight the ettins there. Work southeast and go down the little valley and up again. You should see the sign pointing north labelled "Giant's Basin." Head north again at this point making a U shape back toward the beach. Head east along the grassy cliffs to find the last batch of ettins.
Step 3; pop through the portal to Scoundrel's.
Step 4; pop back to N kryta
Step 5; Follow the prior route in reverse, and run out through Ascalon Settlement to the exit to Nebo.
Step 6; go back through to N Kryta again
Step 7; repeat until inventory is full of runes

A few pointers;

Eles- bring fireball, volcano, and ERUPTION -it blinds for 10 secs, so the ettins won't hit you, use it often, put no skill points into earth.

Me- Why did you go mesmer? I have not done enough mesmer to know what to do here

Monk- Balth aura, symbol of wrath, and staying alive is good to, so a heal never hurts

W- cyclone axe, endure, sprint, and dmg skills.

Rangers- traps

Necro- read a necro guide, there are plenty out there, I don't know enough about this

1. Any well equipped lvl 20 char should be able to kill ettins quickly, but the faster the better. My AOE attacks do enough damage that I just power through their healing signets. Others (Rangers) may want to bring interupts.
2. You should be tough enough to ignore any tengu, mergoyles, skale or imps that get in the way. Just sprint away from them, .
3. Do NOT fight ettins and any other monster simultaneously. Mergoyles and skales can really mess you up if you actually fight near them.
4. I like to salvage all the NON rune pauldrons on the spot to save inventory space. I just let the humps and hides pile up and I dont pick up any other white loot. Wastes space for runes.
5. Have patience. There can be as many as 18 or as few as 6 ettins on the map. It can take up to 8 passes to fill up on runes.

WHY IT WORKS;
Because we're hitting 3 areas, we never trigger the anti-farm code. At least I think. But I get just as many gold runes on later passes as early ones. I got a Sup. Vigor on my first run of this. Sup absorb came on the 8th.

i get like 3 gold runes / run , this owns

the_dabhand
February 22nd, 2006, 11:47 am 

I thought the nerfed the bettletun ettins

Its well known, I would be very suprised if that information isnt in the premium area.

dustinmroberts
February 22nd, 2006, 1:28 pm 

actually, this EXACT guide is in the member section. and it was found to be a cut and paste job, from here http://guildwars.gameamp.com/guide/view ... p!orderBy= nice try though...

the_dabhand
February 22nd, 2006, 1:37 pm 

Yeah the 50k for a sup vigor kinda gives away the time of it :P

I did a quick solo w/mo run to hit the ettins and yep still nerfed.

Couple of purple pauldrons, a couple of runs got me 2.8k gold so not too bad.

shanusone
February 22nd, 2006, 6:43 pm 

well my guild still farms the ettins both outside beetletun and ascalon settlement and in the last week have gotten 2 sup absorptions. i myself got a sup vigor in 20 minutes of farming there sunday night. (but then again most of us have alos been soloing cave psiders in FOW as of late so that may be resetting our anti-farm crap.

shanusone
February 22nd, 2006, 6:52 pm 

well my guild still farms the ettins both outside beetletun and ascalon settlement and in the last week have gotten 2 sup absorptions. i myself got a sup vigor in 20 minutes of farming there sunday night. (but then again most of us have alos been soloing cave psiders in FOW as of late so that may be resetting our anti-farm crap.

[ 6 posts ]