top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Solo many Hydra and Devourers as W/Mo : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 4 posts ] 
brandonw231
February 26th, 2006, 9:29 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
Today i am going to tell you how to solo as many as 6 hydra at a time, as a W/Mo. And how to kill all of the devourers in thirsty river in groups to as much as 10

Now, you may be wondering "How can i solo Hydra? They cast like madmen. Not to mention they do decent damage with every cast." Well, if you use "Doylak Signet" along with "Watch Youself" you get some +54 armor, as well as the inability to get knocked down. This makes their meteors hit for around 30. Just keep this in mind, Hydra are not primary casters, they are warriors who just happen to cast elementalist spells.

Attributes
8 Healing Prayers ( for +3 mending regen)
9 Smiting Prayers (for SoJ)
10 + 2 (Major Rune) Strength
9 + 1 (Minor Rune) Axe Mastery
3 + 2 (+1 From Helm and +1 from Minor Rune) Tactics

Equipment
I personally go with all Gladiator's for the extra energy. Though pretty much any Drok's armor would work.
You need a max damage axe. I use Victo's Axe.
And any decent shield. A +45 health and -2 damage when enchanted is a good choice.

Skills
1. Balthazar's Spirit (For energy and Adrenaline)
2. Mending
3. Healing Breeze
4. Vigorous Spirit
5. Cyclone Axe
6. Doylak Signet (Mixed with "Watch yourself" you get some +54 armor)
7. "Watch Yourself"
8. Shield of Judgement ( To add to the damage given out)

Game Plan
This build can be used to kill a number of things. I mostly use it on Hydra, Devourers,Griffins, Minotaurs, and the occasional Trolls.With an extra 54 armor and not being able to get knocked down your chances of survival are greatly increased.

What you are going to want to do is first walk out of Augury Rock on the Hydra side.
Then cast Balthazar's Spirit, and Mending. 10 energy is best to have before you aggro. Aggro a group of Hydra (usually a group of 2 or 3 will come). Cast you Doylak Signet and Healing Breeze. After they cast a few spells they will come after you and start pecking you. As soon as "Watch Youself" is available put it on. You need to keep your Doylak Signet, and "Watch Yourself" on at all times.

Now that you are getting energy from the pecking cast Shield of Judgement. The Hydra are so big that they cant be knocked down so they will continually be hit for 32. Cast Vigorous Spirit, and Cyclone Axe away. It should be enough to keep your health up and keep thier health down, but if not you can away cast Healing Breeze. Rinse and Repeat and you have yourself a horde of dead Hydra.

Notes
There is a 2 second period where you cant put Doylak up yet.. If you aren't careful these 2 seconds can get you killed, if you get low on health cast healing breeze and put the signet back up.

The only thing you would do different for the devourers is that you may not want to walk up to one if your health is low. They usually have a trap or 2 in front of them. But if your health is okay just put up Healing Breeze and you'll be fine.

This is one of my first guides, please tell me what you think.
Thanks in advance.

*Edit*
I would imagine that Glad's Defense would work as well, its just that there is only a 75% chance that you will block their attack and they get hurt by it. Shield of Judgement if always. Though SoJ does take longer to cooldown than Gladiator's Defense.. i think

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Guest on February 26th, 2006, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

kallick
February 26th, 2006, 10:12 am 

Damn, I'm going to have to get Shield of Judgment now. Does Gladiators defence work here? Does give damage out.

BTW a nice guide.

Tault_admin
February 26th, 2006, 12:06 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

yay or nay for premium?

firekil
February 26th, 2006, 12:24 pm 

NAY there are better builds out there for free, and people ahve been farming hydras since the beggining of time.

[ 4 posts ]