top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

A new build for Droks running. : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 2 posts ] 
sporkrocker
July 5th, 2006, 2:22 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
I found this Warrior/Assassin to be great for running Droks. Although running with this build is still difficult with the normal build. Also luck still needs to be on your side.

The skills you'll need are: Sprint, Dark Escape, Dash, Balanced Stanced, Shadow Form, Heal Sig, and Shadow's Refuge or Shroud of Distress (its your call on these two).

Equipment: One Armor peice that reduces damage. Lieutenant's Helmet to reduce Hex duration (Henge of Denravi). A weapon of Enchanting preferably a Totem Axe.

Base Attributes:
11 Shadow Magic
10 Strength
10 Tactics

Enchance Strength and Tactics with a minor. If you are daring you can try it with Majors and Superiors.

Also, Might want to have a Superior Absorbtion Rune and a Superior Vigor.

From outside Beacons Perch, it prett straight forward til you get to Frost Worm cave, which I usually do is Shadow Form and Balanced Stance. When the 19 secs of Shadow Form wear off make sure you hit Endure Pain IMMEDIATLY when you see have almost low health. Find a safe spot. Heal yourself with Healing sig or if your brought Shadow's Refuge use it to, til you are back to full health without Endure Pain on.

The Ice Golems use Shadow Form if you have that recharged and Use Dash then follow up with Dark Escape or Sprint. If you don't have it recharged just try to sprint past them.

Trolls along the way aren't no threat, unless you managed to get body blocked. This next part is an annoyance with the siege worms. I haven't got a surefire fast way for this next part. I just go into Balanced Stance and When that is close to running out i Use Shadow Form and Dash then Dark Escape, Til you get to that Safe zone.

When you get to the Grawls, Cast Shadow Form and/or Shadow of Distress for when they get your health down. Dash and Sprint/Dark Escape out of there.

Dreadnought's Drift and Snake Dance

Siege Golems just go in with balanced stance followed with shadow form and or shroud of distress then sprint away.

Griffons and Shadows just sprint past them. Shouldn't pose a problem.

Stone Summit will usually fight griffons so they have their attention else where. If things get too tough dash out of them.

Talus Chute From Camp Rankor

This part is the easiest of all the droks run. Since these guy pop up on a narrow ledge it is usally good to balanced stance and shadow form and/or shroud of distress. Tengu just sprint past them. From here you should be home free. From this part i usually go through the troll caves, which you don't have to from here.

Also this map from Is a nice map too follow along too. That's if you don't know your way. *note* the map is not mine. It was created by Hibernia at Gameamphttp://guildwars.gameamp.com/game_map/game_map/194.php!orderBy=

Last edited by Guest on July 23rd, 2006, 9:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tault_admin
July 5th, 2006, 10:32 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

[ 2 posts ]