top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Farming The Ice Breaker with a 55 : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
lord of vatim
August 5th, 2006, 10:52 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
Ok, this is my newest guide. I have been farming The Ice Breaker lately, and for those of you that don't know what it is, it's a green hammer dropped my the Mighty Grawl, and the Barbed Grawl north of Droks. Although most people that I've spoken to don't like to 55 this because the run is fairly difficult I have perfected it, so here it is.

Monk / Warrior

Attributes:
Divine Favor: 4+3 (10/200)
Healing Prayers: 10+3 (61/200)
Protection Prayers: 7+3 (28/200)
Smiting Prayers: 12+4 (97/200)

Total attribute points used: 196/200

Skills: [Attribute]
1) Blessed Aura[Divine Favor] Enchantment: While you maintain this enchantment, Monk enchantments you cast last 22% longer than normal.

2) Mending[Healing Prayers] Enchantment: While you maintain this enchantment, target ally gains +3 health regeneration.

3) Balthazar's Spirit[Smiting Prayers] Enchantment: While you maintain this enchantment, target ally gains adrenaline and energy after taking damage. (The amount of adrenaline gained increases depending on your rank in Smiting Prayers.)

4) Sprint[Strength] Stance: For 8 seconds, you move 25% faster.

5) Protective Spirit[Protection Prayers] Enchantment: For 17 seconds, target ally cannot lose more than 10% max health due to damage from a single attack or spell.

6) Healing Breeze[Healing Prayers] Enchantment: For 10 seconds, target ally gains +8 health regeneration.

7) Bonetti's Defense[Tactics] Stance: For 5 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block incoming melee attacks and arrows. You gain 5 energy for each successful melee attack blocked. Bonetti's Defense ends if you use a skill.

8) Shield of Judgment[Smiting Prayers] Enchantment: For 21 seconds, anyone striking target ally with an attack is knocked down and suffers 53 damage. This is an elite skill.

Equipment:
Armor - Full Tatoos W/Four Superior Runes & One Duplicate Superior Rune
Weapon/Shield - Totem Axe / Grim Cesta(-50hp) {Totem Axe is what I use, for the +20% Enchant mod}

Game Plan:
As soon as you appear outside of Droks cast your three enchants and start running north, you will know you are going the right way because there are always Mountain Trolls and Avicarva fighting. When you get to them merge to the right onto the path an continue going north. When you make it over the top of the hill, you will come to a clearing, there are usually about three Avicarvas there. Continue going north and take the first right you see, do not go straight across, that also means go north-east the first chance you get. You will know you are at the right place when you see about 10,000 evil chickens(Avicarva). Keep on running north-east right past them, and use sprint when you have to so that you can un-aggro them. When you see a big icy lake you are at the right place, so go north onto the frozen lake.

When you get there you will notice that the Mighty Grawl, and the Barbed Grawl are mixed togethor. What you need to do is aggro the Mighty Grawl that are in pairs coming down the path first, there are three pairs, and the rest are mixed togethor. If you aggro any of the Barbed Brawl while killing the first three pairs I recomend running. After you kill the first three sets of MG's you can aggro everything else. While fighting these, keep Healing Breeze up at all times, and I highly recomend casting protective spirit even when it is not blibking, because you will get knocked down sometimes if you wait to cast protective spirit and die. Do not worry about the boss, I have not been able to kill any of the bosses that spawn there. There are more MG's if you follow the path the MG's were gaurding, but there are usually Gawl Necromancers that can remove enchantments, and use degen making them hard to kill, although if you play it safe and use the same tactics used for the ones you just killed they are not to difficult. There is usually a Elementalist boss that spawns up there, and a Monk and Warrior boss usually spawn below.

Just incase you couldn't understand my directions here is a map, and a picture of you new awesome looking hammer:

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
^^Map of run^^

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
^^The Ice Breaker^^

Tault_admin
August 6th, 2006, 11:10 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

tault_libertygone
August 16th, 2006, 11:54 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Expired. Sorry, no go

[ 3 posts ]