TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Solo Monk Guide!! New Build for Hard Mode farmign!!!! : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 7 posts ] 
selenia
May 21st, 2007, 1:39 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
Hey Guys,

It's me again, trying to write a guide worthy of letting you all know I have the skill that warrants a premium membership ^^. Also, bear in mind, this is only the second guide I have ever written.

This Build is for farming alot of skill points and gold items FAST, and it works ANYWHERE, thats right, ANYWHERE. My favorite places to use it are Elona reach, the ascension misson in the desert, The troll cave outside drokanr's forge, and my new favorite place to go is gates of kryta, all in HM so the drops are amazing.

Oh A Party...I wonder What Ill wear....

Getting your hands on the equipment necessary for the Solo monk build I created, which is based off of the old 55 invincimonk builds that were oh so popular before Spirit Bond got nerfed, has never been easier. The Monk superior Runes, which youll need 5 of, one of each type and one extra of your choice(I usually go with Prot, cuz it usually the cheapest.) Only cost between 900 and 1900 gold per rune now, as opposed to the 10 or so k I paid for each one, and the -50 offhand is still available by doing the cities of ascalon quest in new characaters entering the searing. The armor is really up to you, Personally, I use the judge's armor, which gives +10 armor vs physical attacks, which Ill tell you why i do later, and of course each armor has one sup rune on it. next, youll need a totem axe, because this build absolutely will NOT function without it. and another weapon of your choosing, personally i use a collectors wand from NF that gives me +15% dmg while helth above 50% and i customized it for the extra 20% just in case, and a bow, for pulling those hard-to-get-at enemies over to you.

So your gear should look something like this:

You should have 3 weapon sets:

weapon set1: Totem axe + -50 offhand
weapon set2: Other weapon + -50 offhand
weapon set3: Flatbow (flatbow has greatest range)

Its really up to your preference, but thats what I use.

So next, you'll need your armor, because without that, the build wont work. Just get five pieces of MAX armor, must be MAX(I'll explain why when I tell you the skills and how the build works.) and put a sup rune on each one.

Okay, now to address this issue before questions come up, YES YOUR HP IS SUPPOSED TO BE 55, so don't panic ^^ the runes should bring you down to 105 and the cesta should bring you to 55.

Next up, the skills, the most important part, right?

Your skill and attribute setup should look like this.

Mo/E

Atts:

12 Earth magic
3 healing prayers (0 + superior rune of healing)
4 smiting prayers (0 + superior rune of smiting + headpiece)
14 protection prayers (11 + superior rune of protection)
7 Divine Favor (4 + superior rune of Divine Favor)

Earth magic is used to run splinter armor and stoning if you use it.

Healing prayers are for the healing breeze, and may need to be pumped up a bit if you run into too much degen.

Prot and smiting are self explanatory.

and Divine favor is for those times you need that little bit of extra healing to live^_^

Skills:

1. Protective Spirit
2. Shielding Hands
3. Shield of Absorption
4. Splinter Armor
5. Healing Breeze / stoning / damage skill of your choice
6 Stoning / damage skill of your choice
7. essence bond
8. balthazaars spirit

Okay, so why these skills? Il tell you

1. Prot Spirit - runs the whole build, since you have 55 HP it limits the amount of damage you take per hit to 5 or 6.

2. Shielding hands - At the amount of protection prayers that you have, which should be 13 or 14 if youve followed my guide, this skill reduces damage taken by 12 or 13, making that 5 or 6 damage ZERo.

3. Shield of Absorption - Serves the same purpose as shielding hands, and is to be used while shielding hands is recharging. At 13 protection prayers it lasts 7 seconds, filling the time gap perfectly if you're using a totem axe or anything with an enchantments last 20% longer mod.

4. Splinter Armor - UTTERLY OWNS ANY LARGE GROUP OF BADDIES ATTACKING YOU OR CASTING ON YOU.

5. healing breeze /damage spell - Okay you use healing breeze for areas where there is health degenerating skills used on you, IE gates of kryta the ever popular crafting material farming spot. Otherwise take a single target damage skill, this will help you attack things that run and make them come back to you while you kill them.

6 random damage spell - for the random damage spells, I recommend Stoning and spear of light, which are both relatively cheap spells that deal big amounts of damage. Stoning because its the same type of skill as splinter armor, and spear of light because it costs 5 energy and has the potential to do over 100 damage depnding on your rank in smiting prayers.

7. essence bond - simple. you're oing to take ALOT of damage, and you need ALOT of energy to keep casting all your stuff. So, what better way to get it than with esence bond!

8 Balthazaars spirit - serves the same purpose as essence bond.

Okay, the basic theory of this build is this:

before you aggro your mob of guys, cast essence bond and balth spirit on yourself then make sure you have enough energy left to cast prot spirit and shielding hands.

next, run up and aggro you mob of enemies. At this time, go ahead and cast prot spirit and shielding hands.

NOTE: You need to have either shielding hands or shield of absorption up at all times, so if you see one blinking IMMEDIATELY CAST THE OTHER. and if both have not yet recharged, then cast Healing Breeze if you have it
IF YOU DONT YOU WILL DIE SO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR ENCHANTS!!!

Next wait for as any things as you think you can handle to be attacking you, then cast sliver armor. It will start dealing a whole lot of damage to the closest enemy to you, target that enemy and cast stoning and spear of light on it over and over, remembering to renew our enchantments all the while.

Rinse, and repeat (which means do the same thing over and over again) until dead, and then pick up your loot and start over.)

Simple right?

Well, its different for everyone, so heres a few places to practice. I recommend trying it out in normal mode before you take it into Hard Mode. You wont get any loot in Normal, either that ior very little, but youll get the hang of it alot easier.

Places to go:

Elona reach - Desert misson, go in and farm the minos at the start of the mission. (REMEMBER NOT TO BRING THE SHARD WITH YOU OR YOU WILL DIE!!)

Troll Cave Outside Droks - Big stupid trolls to kill....Yay 8)

gates of kryta - Lots of undead, make sure that you bring Healing breeze)

Well, thats all i've got for now folks, as always I do demos of everything that I post my ingame name is Selenia Faths Will if you need to get ahold of me. However, I strongly urge you to PRACTICE, as good soloing takes time and effort.

Well, thank you again, and I hope that, even if I dont get a membership for this, I helped someone have a better time playing GW, cuz thats really what its all about.

Thanks for your time.

-Sel

[/b]

Tault_admin
May 21st, 2007, 6:49 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

norticat
May 30th, 2007, 3:30 pm 

i like the addition of splinter armour.

but SO much of it has been known for sooo long.

/nay.

laptap16
August 6th, 2007, 7:33 pm 

/Nay

this is really common knowledge.

Tault_admin
August 8th, 2007, 11:01 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

0 yays 3 more to move to confirmed
2 nays 1 more to lock this topic

thebullion24k
August 8th, 2007, 4:17 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

the decision was tough...

the monk build he has posted is somewhat new (it's sliver armor btw)

but the knowledge of the solo monk it self is not new at all...

i will have to say /nay

Tault_admin
August 9th, 2007, 6:16 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

lockorzed

[ 7 posts ]