Page 1 of 1

Casino - Noob Friendly Guide to Making Massive Gil

Posted: July 18th, 2008, 1:37 pm
by melbufrahma
Ok, first off this is RISKY. I have made about 5 mil profit on Asura starting with 100k but some days I have lost over a mil, but some days I make 3 mil profit alone. Gambling in game is 100% legal (in game) now as long as you don't scam. I will first explain how to casino for anyone who doesn't know about it.

Gambling is using the /random feature to get a number 0-999 and accepting other peoples bets.

Requirements: At least 10k to start but i recommend 100k to make good gil.

The first step is to get good odds. I use the odds that 200-400 = x2 gil and 700-800 = x3 gil. (If you are good at math this gives them a 30% total chance of winning, and a 70% chance of you winning.) You can customize the numbers, but I wide spread them like this so they odds appear better than they are. Also, the 10% chance of x3 can bring some people.

Next, go on top of the Jeuno auction house and type in your "casino ad" message (I recommend macroing it but don't spam the message to much or the GM's will get ticked.)

Mine is something like "Great casino above auction house! Accepting 100k-1mil bets. 200-400 = x2 and 700-800 = x3." (if you are a noob adjust the bet to like 1-5k or something as long as you could afford a x3 win if they did obtain one).

People will then run up to you on the auction house and trade you their bet. For my example I will use 5k as my example. So they trade me 5k and I say like good luck thanks for playing (usually macro this).

They type /random. They roll 555 it says. I say "sorry you did not win, try again later :)" (usually macro this). Lets say they try again with another 5k bet. They trade me 5k and type /random. They roll 340 (a winning x2). I say "Congrats you won x2 gil! Trade me for your winnings" (usually macro this). They trade me and I give them 10k reward (5k bet x2 = 10k winnings). If you are bad at math use a calculator so they don't get mad if you miscalculate.

People usually get addicted or stop once they are under in winnings, thus giving you profit. Occasionally you get a person who wins a lot in a row. If this happens keep your cool and hope they lose or cut them off and say I gtg.

Once you make enough gil you can stop and spend or raise your casino's betting amount to enable more profit. Then enjoy your winnings once you have enough.

WARNINGS:
1. Always make sure they pay 1st.
2. Make sure the roll is a /random and they did not type it as an emote.
3. Make sure you can afford the highest winning in case some1 makes that much.
4. Always make sure you know the amount and player name of the person who bet. You don't want to give them the wrong amount or give it to the wrong person or you are liable for paying them.

*Please use this at your own risk because I am not responsible for poor gambling techniques or other players luck.

Post any questions or comments below. I hope this guide helps.

Posted: July 19th, 2008, 6:08 pm
by Tault_admin
Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium. If you nay the submission remember to include as to why.

Posted: July 20th, 2008, 6:01 am
by tubotzz
This is pretty much common knowledge/sense in game.

I like the part of the guide that says to give a 200-400 x2 and 700-800 x3. This will likely confuse the simpletons that think they're going to win $ for rolls between 401 and 699 which is not the case. I'm not sure gambling is 100% legal in game as the number of casinos I've seen lately has drastically dropped and when I do see them, they usually shut down very quickly.

Also the part of the guide that "make sure the roll is an emote" is poor wording as I would emote x3 every time. I think he meant to put /random... :roll:

1 positive + 2 negative= nay

Casino's Legal

Posted: July 20th, 2008, 7:26 am
by melbufrahma
Well as far as I was aware, Casinos were originally illegal in game because there were to many scammers, but once they added the game tables they allowed players to start their own casinos again but it said in the update beware of scammers, please use the game tables to ensure fair gambling. So as long as you are not scamming or gil selling with your winnings you should be ok.

Posted: July 20th, 2008, 2:06 pm
by tault_bartman
This is scamming as well.

???

Posted: July 20th, 2008, 3:01 pm
by melbufrahma
How is this scamming? They are putting their gil up to chance to try and win fast money. Scamming would be if you took their money and ran, but if they win and you pay them then it is legit.

Posted: February 4th, 2009, 4:44 am
by jacob40k
Didnt they stop gambling on the servers. so gambling is illegal now.
if i remember it was fine in 2002-2006 then after that...
they did not want it anymore because it was ruining the money or what ever so they replaced the game table...
btw.. someone should create a program to memory hack the tables so we get more cash.. what do you think.
Btw guys this is not scamming in 2002 -2006 that was not scamming intill well hehe.. i got cought.. in 2006 and a gm came up to me and made me give the money back so... i would not advise it.

Posted: May 14th, 2010, 3:08 pm
by genesite
I laughed when you got to the part where "If they're winning, cut them off and say 'i gtg'." That's really sleazy. Other than the spamming of my airwaves with /shouts, I don't mind gambling, but it's pretty lame to be so unprofessional as to do something like that.

Good luck with your !@#$%^*.