Korean Gaming
Posted: July 12th, 2006, 3:31 pm
I've heard repeatedly over various forums gamers' responses to the rapidly rising industry of Korean games.
"Too much grind!"
"All the characters look the same!"
"I hate the botters!"
"PvP is full of potting!"
While I remain fairly neutral about this topic, I'm surprised to see so many people have such a negative attitude towards Korean developed games (Lineage II, Legend of Ares, Hero Online, etc etc). Especially in light of how huge the gaming industry in Korea currently is.
Is it a Western/Eastern thing? Clash of cultures? Do people honestly think Koreans are that weird? What calls for such a response?
"Too much grind!"
"All the characters look the same!"
"I hate the botters!"
"PvP is full of potting!"
While I remain fairly neutral about this topic, I'm surprised to see so many people have such a negative attitude towards Korean developed games (Lineage II, Legend of Ares, Hero Online, etc etc). Especially in light of how huge the gaming industry in Korea currently is.
Is it a Western/Eastern thing? Clash of cultures? Do people honestly think Koreans are that weird? What calls for such a response?