Darkfall Hacks - Tool Release: sfadextractor
Posted: September 16th, 2009, 8:15 pm
This is the one I built myself, rebuilt for the masses. It's not pretty, but it works.
Usage:
Put in exe and dll in same folder as the data files
Run it
Grab a cup of coffee and some lunch
Come back and wait for it to finish
Files in zip:
sfadextractor.exe
libbz2.dll
Caveats:
It only reads from current folder
If the sfad files aren't present, it'll exit immediately
If one is missing, it'll exit immediately when it gets to it
It only extracts to current folder
Source Code:
Full source will not be released, however if a moderator or admin is kind enough to grant me access, I'll post it to the Source Upload Area for them to review and save it for future usage.
Future Plans:
If I get a good response and lots of yay's, I might be kind enough to add command line parameters and possibly even improve memory management.
Additional Credit:
Makes use of ra1ndog's sfadlib to understand the sfad file type.
Usage:
Put in exe and dll in same folder as the data files
Run it
Grab a cup of coffee and some lunch
Come back and wait for it to finish
Files in zip:
sfadextractor.exe
libbz2.dll
Caveats:
It only reads from current folder
If the sfad files aren't present, it'll exit immediately
If one is missing, it'll exit immediately when it gets to it
It only extracts to current folder
Source Code:
Full source will not be released, however if a moderator or admin is kind enough to grant me access, I'll post it to the Source Upload Area for them to review and save it for future usage.
Future Plans:
If I get a good response and lots of yay's, I might be kind enough to add command line parameters and possibly even improve memory management.
Additional Credit:
Makes use of ra1ndog's sfadlib to understand the sfad file type.