taultunleashed logoNo lame hex edit, use .CSV files directly : Dekaron Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

No lame hex edit, use .CSV files directly : Dekaron Submissions

Posted: December 30th, 2007, 1:14 pm

dididothat
dididothat's Reps:
To make a long story short, I already made a pretty good bot for this game (w/a good exploit), but only recently started messing with the game's database.

I see on all the boards people are using hex editing when you don't even have to. I found a better way in ten minutes using PROCMON.

All you need is:
1. "data.pak" unpacker (you can find one on several boards).
2. A way to edit CSV files. Be it Excel, Open Office "Calc", or just a text editor. If you didn't know, a CSV file is basically a simple spreadsheet format.

Copy your data.* files to some temp directory and run the unpacker on it.
It will take a few minutes...

When you load up the 2M client you will see it first looks for a given database file (for all assets like Graphics, sound, or of our interest the .CSV files).

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
dekaron.exe 3336 CreateFile C:\2Moons\Data\usa\share\maplist.csv PATH NOT FOUND Desired Access: Generic Read

It looks if you have "maplist.csv" locally, you don't so it referes to it's packed DB version instead:

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
dekaron.exe 2324 CreateFile C:\2Moons\data\usa\share\maplist.csv SUCCESS Desired Access: Generic Read

If you create the local game directory tree and sitck the upacked "maplist.csv" in it, it will read that one instead of DB version.
Should look like this in PROCMON log:

dekaron.exe 2324 ReadFile C:\2Moons\data\usa\share\maplist.csv SUCCESS

Note you have to add the "usa" directory just below the "data" directory level. The data unpacker you use probably won't do this for you.
Add your directory tree, then copy the CSV (or other) files in.

Example of a few popular files to edit (your installation directory is probably not "C:\2Moons"):
"C:\2Moons\data\usa\share\creature\monster.csv"
"C:\2Moons\data\usa\share\ai\info.csv"

There are others of interest, you'll have to find those on your own..

You can edit .CSV files with a nice UI using MS Excel, Open Office "Calc" (my favorite since it auto-formats the text on load), or you can just use a text editor. Note if you have a file open the game can't read it, and the game keeps files open/locked while it's running. You'll have to close and restart your editor between edits.

Much better then hex editing, plus this is basicly version independent (unless a CSV file gets updated in "data.pak" from a patch).
You can update the game, you don't have to hex edit "data.pak" again.

Now you could as well modify other files like sounds, graphics, or even create a new UI skin, etc.

Please be smart when using the hacked data (hex edited or not), so it (this edit ability) will be around longer. Don't be a "OMG hacks!" lamer and grief people with hacked ranges, speeds, hacked summons, etc., in PVP battles.

And since I now made it easier for you, please PM me your secret edits :-)

Posted: August 10th, 2008, 8:16 pm

never2fear
never2fear's Reps:
so... basically... 1)unpack the file you want to edit... then 2)put it in the given file address...then 3)edit 4) play?

Posted: November 25th, 2008, 4:27 pm

anonymousm
anonymousm's Reps:
zz stealing other peoples work

considering it was i and 2 other people that made this and it got out

so your stealing my work zz

Posted: January 8th, 2009, 11:19 pm

bigkahuna666

Total Posts: 3
bigkahuna666's Reps: 0
besides the fact that this does not work without no_crc so it does not matter please stop getting new hackers hopes up the all they do is get confused .

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online