taultunleashed logoPvP - A joke in 9dragons : 9DR - General / Guide - Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 15 posts ] 
blue large dot

PvP - A joke in 9dragons : 9DR - General / Guide - Discussions

Posted: October 5th, 2007, 2:20 am

tarpalantir

Total Posts: 70
tarpalantir's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Ive heard that the PvP system in 9d is totally unbalanced

please post your opinions on the statement

Posted: October 6th, 2007, 12:41 am

xantosownage
xantosownage's Reps:
I totaly agree with you dude. A warrior can kick any other class but high level Nukers.. And a Nuker can kill everyone with ease. Healers and Hybrids are worthless in real pvp.. :(

Posted: October 7th, 2007, 1:10 am

cirdan
cirdan's Reps:
LOL, yea, true!
nukers and hybrids are supposed to be the best in martial arts games... hope that this wud change

Posted: October 22nd, 2007, 8:35 pm

noojx9
noojx9's Reps:
It really depends on how power the skills are and such. But taking all that in consideration would take to long. Here easy of understanding: high lvl+ high skill+ wan daye weps= god like in pvp. In other word totally unbalanced. i guy who was like 20 lvls above pked me, that really peeved me off.

Posted: October 22nd, 2007, 9:22 pm

smokedookee

Total Posts: 125
smokedookee's Reps: 1
Mod in Training
so just play on the non-pvp server?

Posted: October 23rd, 2007, 11:43 am

noojx9
noojx9's Reps:
Actually I play on Asura, so I can pk anyone who keeps ksing me. But if you don't like to pvp go on the non-pvp of course.

Posted: November 7th, 2007, 4:34 am

zzezanje
zzezanje's Reps:
I dont find that PvP here is better/worse than in other games. its just a question of player(s) coordination. I wonder if there is a game where one person can PK all ppl around himself. Its more a matter of team work... just like in real life, yeah?

Posted: November 7th, 2007, 4:37 am

whoisthat
whoisthat's Reps:
I gotta agree with those saying the pvp is imbanalced. here's why.
No class uses Wis. except for nukers, which makes them overpowering to most other classes.
Hybrid/healer is FANTASTIC for leveling, but has been nerfed in PVP. It;s quite annoying how they did it honestly. The one thing that makes a healer/hybrid strong is the fact that they can heal. In PVP mode, the heal does someting rediculously low, like 47hp/3seconds. REDICULOUS. They haven't reduced the damage of a warrior, or the abilities of a nuker, but for some reason saw fit to make heals do utterly nothing in pvp. Makes no sence to me.

Posted: November 10th, 2007, 10:02 pm

nothing0009
nothing0009's Reps:
lolz, i bet wit hyou, hybrid/healer class will rock ^^. It depends on your build points, too

Posted: November 12th, 2007, 1:58 pm

cointoss
cointoss's Reps:
totally agree with u guys, well i have a bot at high fd still lose to warrior 5 levels below me, because my para nuke is suck, only 3, if u max out your para, very much you can para him till he die or finish him off with your smashing, for healer is no way, unless they balance it out, so here my opinion number one pk is nukers (but they have to max out their speed), 2, warrior, 3 hybrid, last is healers (sorry for these guys), hopefuly a new patch come up with new balance.

Posted: November 16th, 2007, 9:23 am

kagesui
kagesui's Reps:
True...the pvp is a bit imbalanced.

At RL 1 (Blood Demon) with some above average items and skill chengs I killed a FD 9 BOT warrior..........-he was running around 1th city of datong (Changqiu i think...) killing newbs cuz he was poor and after making some high lvls mad couldnt train properly, so he went pking and got pwn.....

In this game, if you have cheng 6 or so nukes coupled with good items, you can do alot (A bot nuker -all wis/ess killed a FC 1 character at RL 5-)

The hybrid/healer fast heal doesnt heal enough at later lvls where other classes can do alot of dmg quickly.

Only Caster uses Wis....all other class simply ignore it and use elixers to raise the points without using skill points, and even those who do devote some points, ....Nukers still have way too much wis/ess to counter.....(30 str vs 240 str.......>.< ....u think who win ?....)

Still, Asura is fun to play....^^ and not just because of the pking...more about the tension, band alliances, and people..XD, LOL,ROLF
..... and moving to another server isnt that easy. ...U think you can let go of all your items and BE.....but you worked hard for them.........and on another server...starting out with nothing, you'll work hard, and get bullied by mean players and you wont have your rep,money,items, or other characters to watch your back and play the role of Avenger of Blood when you get pked by some noob who just wants to be mean....

Posted: December 3rd, 2007, 8:57 am

thechekup
thechekup's Reps:
LOL. aHahaha. maybe you have PvPed a lot in this game. Heres how it goes:

Warrior can/cannot beat Nuker (depends who hits first; if warrior lands finishing, it wins; if nuker lands first hit, they win)

Hybrid beats Warrior using their paranuke. Warriors will be immobilized, cannot move or do anything. Hybrids just spam the paranuke. Only way warrior can counter is to have high enough wisdom/chi kung dodge.

Nuker beat hybrid. Hybrid aren't as good in melee compared to warrior and can't samash high enough, plus wis is lower than nukers.

Healers can't PK until EC+ after they max str, get high dex and a lot of HP

P.S. Hybrids/Healers can heal in PvP battles. You just have to know how to use it properly (I do :D and i have FC2 healer, EC11 hyb and SM9 war ). And max nerfed heal is 85 now "47hp/3seconds" :lol:

Posted: December 30th, 2007, 1:43 pm

coimbra
coimbra's Reps:
thechekup (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
P.S. Hybrids/Healers can heal in PvP battles. You just have to know how to use it properly (I do :D and i have FC2 healer, EC11 hyb and SM9 war ). And max nerfed heal is 85 now "47hp/3seconds" :lol:

heal before entering in pvp mode and you get a full unerfed heal (428/3) one strategy is to not hit the warrior at all just run a way from then and get out of pvp mode (4 secs if you dont hit back) and heal you repeat this until u waste there vital out then there pretty much done all they can use is an active. this though takes a bit more time.

Posted: December 31st, 2007, 9:11 am

spykids007
spykids007's Reps:
i totally i agree the healers can heal! when there fighting!

Posted: January 23rd, 2008, 10:58 am

nine99
nine99's Reps:
I have to disagree with most people on this topic. The general rule for PvP is this

Nuker > Hybrid > Warrior > Healer

However, there are of course, many exceptions to this.

Everything is nerfed in PvP...so don't complain about hybrid/healers not having full heal in pvp. In SvS, they both get full 428/3 sec heal. Honestly, you guys that are low level and without much PvP experience, can't talk badly of the PvP system. It's fine in my opinion.

A well built nuker will pretty much beat anyone his/her level 1v1 once hes SM/GB+. It depends greatly on skills, as a nuker with maxed shields and buffs will have a HUGE advantage over one that doesn't. If a nuker doesn't have the right build and without good skills or equipment, you'll suck at any level. There are still lots of "noob" nukers that are FC level who are not good at pking because of this. Nukers NEED defense, so for PvP, you can get about 100 base strength (yes i know of the 2 point penalty) and wear 200 defense trinket, BK karma strength relics, and WT def relics and end up with 2k+ defense as a nuker at FC (GB WD, +50 all stat buffs). The only weakness for nukers is getting ganged by warriors, parad by high wisdom build hybrids, or fighting against other nukers.

Hybrids are the second best at PvP. They have their heal, which is a big advantage if you know how to properly use it. They have their own +31 constitution (1k+ hp), +120 dmg, +80 defense buff, which definitely helps a lot. And they have their golden skill, the paralyze nuke. At cheng 10, even with 8 base wis, you can easily kill warriors using this skill and this skill only. I have even seen a single hybrid on Nirvana take down 5 warriors her level at once using this skill. A well build hybrid can have 2.5k+ defense at FC levels, with a para skill that does about 400dmg with low wisdom. There are two kinds of hybrids, melee and nuker. Melee hybrids usually have 250 str, low ess/wis, and rest in dex/con (depending on style). They will use their smashes as well as their nukes to beat people. This style is only effective for BoT hybrids, as the axe smashes have as much or even more damage than warrior smashes. It won't work with other clans because gloves are too weak in PvP. It may work with daggers with flowers. There are also nuker hybrids, who have anywhere from 50 to 200 or more base wisdom, and then usually the rest in str/con. These guys can actually para nukers, and will do massive amounts of damage to other classes. The downfall is, this character will not really be able to train in PvE, and that you will die fast if your ganged by warriors or by nukers.

Warriors are third best in PvP (or second worst). Their only good skills are the 30/24 second smashes, charged skills, and finishing skills. I have not seen many warriors on Nirvana that know how to effectively use their skills, but I'm sure there must be some on Asura. Warriors get a lot of smashes, but the effects of their smashes (-def, bleed, slow, -ar) are VERY nerfed in PvP, so nerfed that they are barely noticeable. Warriors have the best chance at taking down nukers, since they have strong smashes and high HP. They will have trouble against nukers or hybrids 1v1, but in gangs they can do lots of damage. There are endless possibilities to warrior builds, including STR build, DEX build, Balanced build, CON build, etc.

Healers are the worst at PvP, and there is no argument here. They usually have low HP because their penalty stat is constitution, and they have weak skills. The only strong melee healers are BoT, and possibly SF. A BoT healer can actually do very high damage with their smashes, since they have the same smashes as their hybrid counterparts, but because of low hp and no nuke, they are still much weaker. For PvP, there are two kinds of healers, melee and nuker. Melee healers will probably add some con (20-30) to get about 6k+ HP for PvP...but you can still get 5k+ hp with 14 base con +relics/buffs. Basically, melee healers will smash and heal...nothing more. The nuker healer can have different builds, some may keep 250 str and add rest to wis/con, others may do 250 wis and add rest to str/con. It depends on your playing style. 250 str healers with some wisdom will have less damage for their nukes, but will have a better rate of survival against others. A healer with 250 wisdom will have high wis dmg/dodge/ar, so they won't get hit by nukers or hybrids as much, but will get demolished by kungfu. However, if you are deciding to PvP, it is much better to create a hybrid or nuker for PvP, instead of restatting a healer because a healer with 250 wis will do plenty of damage, but is basically a nuker that has weaker skills than a nuker and with less defense than a nuker and without any nuker shields.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online