taultunleashed logoBegginer's Guide : Archlord Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Begginer's Guide : Archlord Submissions

Posted: November 12th, 2006, 1:06 am

devietb0i
devietb0i's Reps:
I thought this would be a good time to post a FAQ to help everyone get the most out of the game early on. This will be just a general FAQ dealing with options and tips in-game.

Weapons Explained

When looking for a new weapon or when wondering if the new one you found is any good there are a few things that will determin value and usability.

There are different colors to weapons.

Green= Normal
Orange= Rare
Purple= Unique

now green are pud so dont ever waste time. Yes some come with high elemental etc dmg but the base damage to the weapon is horrible and usually sockets are few.

Orange can be ok but its the rare and I mean rare high + dmg /ele dmg with ton sockets youll see worth using.

Purple will be ur best to use in all cases. It comes with the highest % chance of 5-8 sockets. Has a high base XX-XX dmg.

Now on a weapon look for these things: Attack Accuracy%, Physical Attack

Physical Attack: while a good thing this is not relivent if the weapon has a high elemental attack, both a high elemental and this would be a great choice and more valuable.

Attack accuracy: the least of the 3 mods on a weapon but still usuful in not missing hits as often.

Sockets: I like to look for 5+ sockets but if a weapon has 4 and +6 elemental its still a great weapon , but 8 sockets and 6 elemental is a hurting weapon.

When you reforce a weapon each + adds +2 to low and top end dmg at +10 it would be a +20-+20 weapon.

Stone adding explained

When adding stones to a weapon stick with one element, with monsters being somewhat resistant to elements this tends to hit harder on more mobs and a ton more in PvP.

If your spells are wind based go wind stones this will increase the Wind % dmg from your spell dmg slightly for maximized dmg output.

Elemental stones add in a flat damage to your total attack.

Its recommanded that you slot in the same elements cause each one will give you a +1 bonus.

It works like this:

Each
LvL 1 stone give you +3
LvL 2 stone give you +4
LvL 3 stone give you +5

Say you have a 4 slot weapon, slotting 4 lvl 1 stone will give you:

3+3+1+3+1+3+1=15 dmg

LvL 2 stone

4+4+1+4+1+4+1=19 dmg

You can view this under your stats screen.

************************************************** ****************************************
General FAQ
************************************************** ****************************************

Q: How do combination items work?

A: The Combo Items can be better then normal gear. At the lvl 30s not past. My best guessing and none of this is 100% until I say I feel it can be.

When making a combination item (weapon) you require 6 different material components to make it as a normal all white POS. In the builder there are 10 spots for items. After testing this with Teljairs help you can add in the last 4 spots in the builder up too 4 stacks of 5 elemental stones each. Why 20 ? dunno but I tryed to do more and wouldnt build the item.Each stack must be a different type of element (found via Gol's help)

Each stone adds something specific its not as random as they make it (at least to my knowledge so far)

Magic stones =Knowledge /or Wisdom
Fire stones = Attack
Wind stones =Wisdom/or Knowledge
Earth stones = Stamina
Water stones = Attack speed(might be accuracy need to reconfirm)

Now the lvl of the stone.

Its my belief the each lvl of a stone addeds a + to the modifier. I got this from chatting with another person who made a combo weapon with lvl 2 stones he ended up with +4 me +5 using lvl 3 stones.
So based on this assumption lvls would =
1= +3
2= +4
3= +5
4= +6
5= +7

I believe the weapons are ok and in the lvl 30 range are ok... After testing weapons and Gol making a neckless and hearing about the rings being built it is my honest opinion that when u find any combo material in P2P you should sell it for as much as possible and forget about building them. They are far to much money and work for to little a item.

I did try a +2 staff for my weapon to see if the + on the weapon would carry over. It did not.

The stats on the earth stone neckless is +10 agility.. while not bad I found a +11 agility ring at lvl 15 ... the ring of blessing is a +4 defence ring.

Wisdom = Mana points
Knowledge = Some mana and some Spell DMG
Stamina = HP
Attack = Dmg
Attack speed/%= How fast u hit/% to hit

Q: My members keep getting removed from the guild. How do I fix this?

A: AS Guild Master: To accept new members, if they apply, kick the application and use /gin playername to invite them, this way they will stay member after any restarts. This method can be used for any current members who have the issue also. When they are online kick them form the guild, and again use the /gin playername option to being them back in the guild.

Q: I'm stuck behind a portal in a dungeon! How do I get unstuck?

A: When entering certain dungeons you will be spawned behind the portal making it so you cannot move. Hit your F11 key to activate your sky cam. Then move your camera around until you can click the middle of the portal to leave. Once you leave just re-enter the dungeon. If you get stuck again then just repeat this process.

Q: How do I learn crafting skills?

A: You must first achieve the required level to learn these skills. Upon doing so, visit any Adventurer NPC and they will teach you the skills.

Q: Do crafting skills use skillpoints?

A: No they do not but they do cost money.

Q: How do I use my crafting skills?

A: First you must buy the proper tool for the skill (gathering knife/Cauldron/cooking tools). On your tool bar, click the character icon indicated in the example below. Select Crafting skills from the menu and drag the desired skill into your toolbar from your crafting window. To access your crafting menu quickly you can press your "J" key. After you kill a mob or have gathered the items needed simply activate the skill from the toolbar.

Q: How do I use the Roundtrip Scrolls?

A: Open your inventory and right click on the roundtrip scroll, this will teleport you to the last city you visited(Example A). When your ready to return to the area where you used the scroll just right click the scroll icon on the lower right, just above your toolbar(Example B). This takes you to the exact spot where you used the scroll so make sure your in a safe place before you use it.

Q: How do I use the autopot feature?

A: On your Health and Mana bars you will see golden arrows. Simply drag these to the postion where you would like the pots to activate.

Q: How do I sell items on the Auction House?

A: Open your inventory and click the "Sell" button located just below your gold display. Simply drag the item into the open window and enter the price you wish to sell the item for.

Q: How come I cannot confirm my sales on the Auction House?

A: First, remove all the unsold items from your list. Secondly, log out and then log back in (Note: this can be done faster via the character select option). Open your sales window and confirm one of the items that are on your list, you should get your money this time. For any additional items you had for sale, even if they totally disappeared from your list, just repeat everything from step two.

Q: Is there an easier way to gather loot besides clicking on it?

A: Yes, you can also pickup loot by pressing your spacebar.

Q: What is a Auto-Loot Party?

A: When you join a party your character will automatically pickup all items dropped by mobs. As long as all the party members are within 3 lvls of yourself you will not suffer a reduction of loot or gold. This option allows you to farm at a much faster pace then if you were solo.

P.S. wasn't written by me

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online