taultunleashed logoguide to the zerker, lvl 1 thru 22, great strategies : Archlord Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

guide to the zerker, lvl 1 thru 22, great strategies : Archlord Submissions

Posted: March 14th, 2009, 5:52 pm

cybermunkey13

Total Posts: 11
cybermunkey13's Reps: 6
Hey peeps, this is my first real post and I want to do somthing nice here. I have a zerk, and I want to share some tips of how i get him to be uber.
heres of list of some nice things you can do for your zerk.

It's always good to start off with a good weapon. If you don't have a higher lvl character and you dont have much money, you dont really have to buy one. I find that rare zerk weapons usually drop at a rate of 1/20, so killing aproxomately 20 or so spiders, bats, green slimes, etc, should get you a nice weapon. if an elemental stone drops, I would reccomend you equip it to your weapon. (IF you can afford it, buy a weapon from the auction house, its much quicker and a lot of people sell low lvl weapons with good stones in them for low prices)

By the time you hit level 4, definately get dual slash, dont skip it. Dual slash will help you kill higher lvl enemies, and is good for use for quite a while. but, do not upgrade it past level 1. The reason I say this is because after lvl 20, dual slash is not really that helpful, and using your reset early is not a good idea >=(

at level 5 get your first buff, do not, at any point, upgrade it, just learn it.

at level 6 I would reccomend getting only endurance as a passive skill. the rest of the passive skills kinda suck =/

continue to level, be sure to use or sell your reinforcment pots if you get any, they help alot. Usually ref pots will sell quickly (between 2 seconds and 5 minutes) if they are priced at 300 thousand gold.

At level 10, You most definately must get linear blow, this is one of the zerks most powerful and helpful lvling tools in the entire game! if you have made enough money, and have some nice armor/weapon, I would suggest you take the portal in golundo, to dark wave village.

The reason I say this, is because right next to the portal, there is a herd of mistbuck (lvl 11 deer monsters) that are really easy to kill, and give good exp. Now is time to use your linear blow. below is a farming method used by Archlord players worldwide.

For zerks:

use your weapon, (best for this is a two handed axe in my oppinion) hit each deer only once.

keep running and hitting till you have at least 3 or 4 deer on you. (TIP: make sure you have auto pots on, and plenty of health potions, auto pots automaticly uses your potions for you. to use it, simply drag and drop the little golden arrows at the left end of your health/mana bars, when your health/mana gets to that point, the game uses a potion for you.)

once you have the desired amount of deer on you, right click your linear blow skill. this will turn your zerk around, and make him hit every deer in the line behind you.

immediately after you click the button, click a spot on the ground. I say this because if you wait too long, your zerk will start attacking one of the deer, causing un-even health on the deers.

continue to do this till each deer in the line is dead, loot, repeat.

this is garunteed the best way to lvl your zerk up to 14 or higher. at a high enough level I would suggest running around the mountain to attack cave deer.

make sure that each level you go up, run back, or teleport back to goludno/kuhn so you can check your buffs/attacks. Be sure that you upgrade linear blow, combat echo, and endurance as much as you can. do not get shield bash, do not get triple slash, do not get debilitate.

By level 16 you are set to start grinding in your first dungeon, AkA, the tomb of the dead. the most simple way to get to the tomb of the dead is by teleporting from golundo, to dark wave village, to worshiper settlement. Using this path costs very little gold.

once you hit the worshiper settlement, walk across to the horror ghouls, keep going straight through the ruined village, up to the cave with the big glowing portal. Kill off any ghouls that might have followed you, and click on the white center of the portal, enter the tomb.

When you get in the tomb, you should be only lvl 16, start by killing one watchman of the dead at a time. each kill will get you over 1 thousand exp, and you will level quite fast. (note, you may try this at lvl 14 or 15 as well, but 16 is the safest lvl to start at)

remember that every level check for upgrades on linear blow and combat echo.

Now that you have grinded to lvl 18 :o it's time to get one of the zerker's most powerful and helpful abilities, AkA, VITAL CHARGE! this ability is amazing! basicly what it does, is it converts enemy attacks into health! when you first start out, it has a 30% chance of giving you 25% of an enemies attack power, back to you as health, while you dont take damage from that enemy. the only sucky thing about it, is that it only lasts 20 seconds. BUT, do not worry, it only has a 24 second cool down, so your safe ;)

now that you have your vital charge ability, sell what you need to sell, free up some space, get some medium health pots, and head back to the tomb. your going to do the same thing that you did with the mistbuck 8 lvls earlier. The process is the same, only you must be much more cautious. If you have really good armor, and a really good weap, you can probably take 6 or more of the watchmen, if your armor/weap kinda sux, I would reccomend taking 5 or less.

using your linear blow ability, you can kill off these watchmen relatively quick. doing this will get you so much exp, you almost wont believe it. I kept this process till lvl 22. :twisted:

by lvl 20 you should be pretty powerful, and you can probably take 7 or more watchmen in the tomb, and you should be lvling pretty quick. if you follow my method, you'll keep it up till lvl 22 or higher, but if thats not your type, i might suggest doing some quests from kuhn city, they are quick and easy, and give good exp, and even some good items. you can get to kuhn easily by teleporting from the worshiper settlement.

when you get yourself up to lvl 21, you can get another buff for your specific kind of weapon. If you do not have a two handed axe or sword, I would highly reccomend getting one, because it will be good help for lvl 22. if you get a two handed weapon, get the buff for that type of weapon ONLY, do not get buff for a different type of weapon. remember to save points for upgrading linear blow, combat echo, and vital charge.

your new weapon buff will more than likely help, it will give you enhanced damage, and should help you kill faster. by now you can probably take a few zombies, some rovers, or lots of watchmen, all of these enemies are found in the tomb. use previous methods to hit lvl 22.

ok, now your really gonna be happy. remember how I told you about getting a two hander, and how it would help at lvl 22? well heres why I told you that. your getting a new AoE!!! and the best part, is that its more powerful than linear blow! grab the AoE skill out of the combat skills from the trainer. It has very low range and width, but it is really really powerful.

try it out first on some watchmen. make sure that the watchmen are as compressed together as possible, because if they are too far apart, the AoE might not hit them all. you should see a much bigger kill rate!

after reading this guide, i feel confident that you will know how to proceed.

If you happen to see any mistakes, or see somthing that needs updating, please let me know, and I will do what I can. If you have questions you want to ask me directly, you can contact me on one of my 3 characters.

Ð4rkÐoom (knight) u can make a Ð by holding alt, and pressing 0208.
D4rkshooter (hunter)
D4rksummons (elementalist)

I am on the gaiahon server, and I do play very often.

thanks! :D

Last edited by cybermunkey13 on March 18th, 2009, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: March 16th, 2009, 7:17 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium. If you nay the submission remember to include as to why.

Posted: March 18th, 2009, 9:00 am

uberpwnz

Total Posts: 3
uberpwnz's Reps: 0
big yay! this really helps me out dude, my zerks been stuck at lvl 7 forever >_<

I really appreciate this man, thanks a bundle!

Posted: March 18th, 2009, 3:44 pm

surf_teh_fartz

Total Posts: 2
surf_teh_fartz's Reps: 1
wow. this is awesome dude, ima definately say yay. I would give u 10 yays but that would probalby get me bannned lol.

at any rate, thanks, cuz this is helpful. It's helpful cuz i have 1 free character left to make, and I didnt know what one to choose, and now I want a zerk :D

thanks again!

Posted: March 19th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
user banned for attempting to bump his own posts.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online