taultunleashed logoAC - Geneva's Trade Requests Live Event and Schedule : AC News
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

AC - Geneva's Trade Requests Live Event and Schedule : AC News

Posted: July 26th, 2007, 12:00 pm

Gaming-News

Total Posts: 15977
Gaming-News's Reps: 75
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
What exactly is Geneva's Trade Requests? I'm glad you asked. Here's how the event will work.

I will setup in one of the starter towns and I'll send out a "Trade Request" on General Chat. The Trade Request will involve one of the tradeskills in Dereth and I ask you, the players, to fulfill my Trade Request. Trade Requests will involve Cooking, Alchemy and the Tinkering skills. For each Trade Request I make, you will have 15 minutes to fill the request. Once the 15 minutes is up, I will issue another Trade Request. Here's an example:

[General] +Geneva says, "Trade Request: Cooking! Please bring me a large pizza with extra Drudge Sausage! You have 15 minutes."

You must then whip up a Large pizza with extra Drudge Sausage and bring it to me.

I will send out alerts every 5 minutes on General chat as we draw closer to the 15 minute limit for each request so you are aware of how much time you have left to make me the pizza.

Each player that brings me a pizza and drops it in a trade window will win a prize. These prizes are pre-determined depending on what tradeskill the request involves. For example each Cooking Trade Request has a set reward. But wait...there's more! Not only will you get the Cooking set reward for bringing me the pizza, but you will also get a second reward, and YOU will determine that prize. How you ask?

I have created a list of 100 rewards. After seeing your item in a trade window that fulfills my Trade Request I will ask you to pick a number between 1 and 100. You will need to send me your number choice through a tell. I will then check the list to see what prize is listed at your number choice and you will get that prize as well!

After a player chooses a number and gets their prizes, the list will shuffle around. The items will not change, but they will now be associated with different numbers. This means that the prize at number 73 for one player may not be the same prize for the next player that chooses 73.

I would prefer that any item traded to me during the event is given to me by the character that made the item (your Cook, your Alchemist etc). I won't enforce this because I realize some trademules may have a rare running and I don't want that to expire in order for you to participate in the event. Brush the dust off those mules and bring them out of the basement into the Derethian sun for an event that has their name written all over it!

Darktide
Geneva's Trade Requests will be run differently on Darktide. I don't want players to be standing around only to get slaughtered by a roving band of thugs. So, if you complete a Trade Request on Darktide, send me a tell and I will teleport to your location (the safety of your house for example) to complete the trade and for you to choose your random number.

SCHEDULE
Frostfell * Sun Aug 5th - 9pm EST
Harvestgain * Sun Aug 5th - 10:30pm EST
Leafcull * Mon Aug 6th - 9pm EST
Morningthaw * Mon Aug 6th - 10:30pm EST
Solclaim * Tue Aug 7th - 9pm EST
Thistledown * Tue Aug 7th - 10:30pm EST
Verdantine * Wed Aug 8th - 9pm EST
Wintersebb * Wed Aug 8th - 10:30pm EST
Darktide * Thu Aug 9th - 9pm EST

After the scheduled events are run, I will be hosting Geneva's Trade Requests at random times in the future. I think this event will be alot of fun and some of the rewards on the 1-100 list are quite nice.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online