blue large dot

AC - Weekly Update 07/11/07 : AC News

Posted: July 11th, 2007, 3:00 pm

Gaming-News

Total Posts: 15977
Gaming-News's Reps: 75
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Hello there and welcome to this week’s edition of the Asheron’s Call update! Let’s see what is going on this week in Dereth.

First and foremost we have moved the date for the July event back one week. The July event is now on the schedule for July 24th. This move gives us more time to get things done.

We have been continuing to monitor the reports of players getting booted. We have identified a few instances where this could occur for players not using third party applications and we are investigating ways we can stop this from happening. For those people still getting booted while using third party applications we suggest you check with the plug-in authors for updated versions of some of the more popular plug-ins. We know that some of them have already made some updates in order to help improve performance.

In the meantime we will continue to monitor things and make improvements where they are needed. We are happy to say that since we made the initial fix, we have not seen any more server crashes.

Since it has been a while I figured now would be a good time to answer some questions that we have seen over the past few weeks.

Can we please get unspec aug gems?
We do not have any plans for these right now, but it is certainly something we can discuss as a team. If we have any updates or progress we will let everyone know.

Would Turbine ever consider an old school server?
The idea of doing something like this has been discussed several times, both internally and here on the forums. At this time it is not something that we can really do. We would basically have to re-write the old version of the game in order to be compatible with our new billing system and the newer version of the service platform we are running on now. That in itself is no small task. There is then the added hardware costs and any bug fixes which would need to be made. This would take time away from content for the current version of the game, and in my opinion, that is not a good thing to do.

When are you going to stop paying everyone’s rent?
As of right now we are looking at stopping this around the time of the August event, which we have not yet set a date for. As we get a bit closer to this time I will make sure to notify everyone with as much notice as possible. I guess this could be considered that first notification.

Will Hilts ever get upgraded?
Ahh, the days of running around like a madman looking for Idols that could possibly drop that all elusive Idol Gem…. Memories

Anyway, as of right now we don’t have any plans for an update, but to be honest this was the first time I recall seeing someone ask about this in quite some time. It is definitely something that we can check out. Who knows? At this point we have learned that almost anything is possible. 

Well that’s about it for now. Everyone have a great day and see you all in Dereth!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online