taultunleashed logoAtlantica Guides - In Depth Market Manipulation Guide : Atlantica Online Guides | Free ATL Guides
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

Atlantica Guides - In Depth Market Manipulation Guide : Atlantica Online Guides | Free ATL Guides

Posted: October 5th, 2009, 4:26 pm

shadow_drinker

Total Posts: 12
shadow_drinker's Reps: 0
premium
Ok, most of you read the title and are thinking, "bah, i know all this, ill just vote no" well i ask you to reconsider... most of times, people do believe that market manipulation is mainly buying cheaper and selling higher. That is wrong!!!

I'll start by intruducing myself, I'm a level 95 musician in this game and i play on server argos and i own all mounts without ever paying real money for them. Of course, most of you are calling me a lier right now but let's see...

What is the average price of witch summon marble?
What are the current best 3 items to buy all and decide your own prices?
Which one is the best box to open in order to get good profit?

if could answer to any of those questions without a doubt I cungratulate you as you won't need to read this guide and if you aren't lazy you probably own all mounts as well :P

Assuming you didn't, I'll start to explain how you can actually do it.

My method bases itself on 3 points:

1st- Know your deals!!

I can't stress enough about those people who read a guide saying "buy item xxxxx if its below yyyyyy cause you can sell higher" and go right ahead do it without checking.

THIS GAME IS ALLWAYS CHANGING!!!

A method that works today ,will probably not work the next day. Be it because so many discovered it that prices got higher, or because even one person can manipulate market so that there will be surplus (trust, me, one person is enough... or how do you think i reached my crystal crafting to 91 :P )

All in all, what i'm saying is, no matter if you did something yesterday that earned you some big bucks, re-check every single price so you wont end up losing money.

with this said.

2nd- know your chances

o let's say you found a great deal by crafting phoenix jewels, you checked the material prices and it costs let's say 500k, well the crafting makes 2 of them, and you checked in the market that the current price of them is arouns 450k, big profit you think of course :D
But let's check the market closely...

imagine the prices on the jewels are this ones:

price: quantity:
450.000 4
461.000 12
701.000 512

now that i pointed the way the market is running you probably know what im gonna say but believe me, most people will not do it.
In case you don't know, here's the deal:

the current lower price is around 450k

there aren't many jewels at that price

after those few jewels the next ones are WAY MORE EXPENSIVE...

so the rule of thumb is, "allways run the market to your benefit"

The correct thing to do here is to just buy all the ~450k jewels and ressel all of your plus the ones you just bought at around 700k.

let's say you had craft 50. if you sold at 450k it would be a profit of (450k*50)-(500k*25)=22.5M-12.5M=10M profit (wow right :D )

now let's say you did buy those few and sold for 700k

(700k*66)-((500k*25)+(4*450k+12*461k))=46.2M-(12.5M+1.8M+5.53M)=26.37M <---- much better looking uhh? :P

ok, now ignoring maths, the reason im stressing about this is mainly becasue sometimes you wont even need to have a profit allready for this technique to work. Many people do sell lower than average market price for many diferent reasons.

- Want quick gold

- Are not aware of the average pricing

- Are higher leveled player who just want to clean inventory

- etc...

Other way to do this deal is mainly by whatching market flow... let's say you checked the price of witch marble 2 hours ago and there was 3 being sold, all for 15M (i tell you right now, the avearage price of this orb on the last 2 months is ~21M) but you don't have enough gold to buy all 3 and re-sell them. well, you can predict however how the market is gonna work, someone is either gonna buy them to use or to resell at average price so what should we do?

well, this orb isn't that hard to get as it's for a level 50ish merc so why not go hunting it?

Posted: October 5th, 2009, 4:27 pm

shadow_drinker

premium
First of, sorry for the double posting but i couldnt post the entire guide in one post for some reason. And ehre come the rest of the guide:

you'll be saying, "too much work for low profit"... are you sure?
I can say with great certainty that nearly every single new player WILL try get a witch, many might be lucky to have enough gold to buy one instead of doing quest so are you that sure it's wasted money? specially since there are only 3 on market...

The thing is, in this situation you can easily just go do the quest (you can restart it if you had allready done it) which shouldnt be hard for you if you had allready passed it (thinking levels 60+) and wait for market to get dry (AKA no orbs being sold) and at that time you can even try to get an above average price on your item...

I'll give you a pratical exemple, I just recently saw inventor mercenary getting DRY on market, i went to do the quest and even though i knew the average price was around 40M i putted it on market for 60M, guess what, i sold it in about 10 minutes...

The exemples i said are for merc orbs but this apllies to nearly any item... materials which the fixed price is high (else it's not profitable) can be gained in high quantity with a jackpot licence so that you can sell lower if they run dry of players selling them for exemple.

Now of course, i've been talking about average prices and such and you ask "how can i know what is the average?" which leads me to the 3rd point.

3rd- know your world

It's easier said than done of course as it's pretty damn hard to get a decent knowledge of all items so my sugestion is the next. DON'T!!!!

If you try to know all or nearly all items you're gonna have so much work that it ends up being useless so it's better to just focus on some items.

I recommend some items that you can craft (alleays a good source of income if managed well), crystals (very unstable prices) and some of the items in the "misc" tab of market which are used for hundreds of craftings and as such very unstable as well.

I did a excel spreadsheet to help me keep a rate of the prices but it can be done mentally just as well.

If you do this over the course of a week or so you'll end up getting a decent knowledge of the items you been checking and as such you will know when is the best time to buy/sell them.

ok, you are probably tired of all this reading allready but here come some small hints on marketing gained from my experience.

HINTS

-everytime there is an update, there is gonna be a greater demand for the items the new content requires. If its a new bow merc, bows and range armor is gonna be in demand. If its a quest that requires a certain item, those items are gonna sky-rocket in price. etc...

-NEVER use all your money, even if the method you just found seem uber-profitable. I'm not gonna lie, there are times even the best deal can go wrong so just keep some in stash.

-avoid making the high bankers mad. Buying all 6k crystals because they were cheap to resell might not be a good idea since someone with enough gold for 6k cristals is probably rich enough to just put that deal of yours out of scene... try buying only 1k and waiting till the rest are sold to re-sell :)

-If you found a good method double check it to see if there is no flaws... if it's really simple it might have been discovered by others else you might not be seeing something crutial.

-equips usually have a hard time selling unless they are +0... avoid wasting too much gold on this kind of deals.

-enhancing and enchanting CAN be a good way of making gold... for exemple, if 2 +0 swords are being sold for 20k and a +1 is sold for 300k then you can enchant the +0's into a +1 and make profit by selling for let's say 200k :)

And this ends my tutorial on market manipulation... hope it helps all atlantians out there :D

ps: all prices described here are either fictional or argos server only so, use my first rule :P ALWAYS CHECK :P

and now ill be waiting for the yes's or no's :D

shadow_drinker lv 9x musician, Argos player :)[/b]

Posted: October 5th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Nice guide.

Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium. If you nay the submission remember to include as to why.

Posted: October 6th, 2009, 7:30 am

shadow_drinker

premium
doesnt seem to be many atlantica players checking regularly...

Answer me one thing please Tault_admin is it ok to submit more than one guide before the previous one is either aprooved or rejected?
Cause i'm nearly finishing my Guide about stun/DoT formation on pvp :/

Posted: October 8th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea im gonna mod yay andmove to confirmed. Premium granted.

Posted: October 9th, 2009, 2:15 pm

goatsalways

Total Posts: 3
goatsalways's Reps: 1
While buying all at a lower price and selling higher works sometimes, most of the time you will just get undercut by people who know market prices and want quick cash, but good in depth guide for beginners, yay for me

Posted: October 11th, 2009, 4:12 am

shadow_drinker

premium
That indeed is true, but if they want quick cash you'll justhave to do my 2nd tip... buy their items and resell them higher :)

if they want quick cash, even if they know market price they WILL sell lowerthan the current average.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online