[ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

GUIDE: Stun/DoT pressure team : Atlantica Online Submissions

Posted: October 7th, 2009, 3:40 am

shadow_drinker

Total Posts: 12
shadow_drinker's Reps: 0
premium
The mods are gonna kill me for such a long post but... here it goes.

First I'll tell you something about me in this game. I'm not a professional player so I won't ever say that my tactics are flawless or that they are by any means the best ones. However, I'm currently in the lower levels needed to reach DIV6 and i usually own (and i really mean OWN) players with around 15 levels more than me.

First of all, I'm gonna say what are the strong and weak points of any stun/DoT pressure team.

Strong:

-ANY mistake an enemy monk do will cost him very dearly.

-Possible to LOCK 7 or more mercs every turn making then unable to either act or to use magic.

-Due to many DoT's having secundary effects it will mean you will be debuffing the enmy team to hell, mainly reducing damage on you or reducing the enemy defense in large amounts.

-In case you do make amistake, due to DoT's lasting more than 1 turn its usually possible and relatively easy to recover.

-Can easily mantain itself even with 7 vs 9 (vs spike teams this situation its common)

Weak:

-this team, as the name describes, relies basically on stuns and/or DoT's which means any player who smartly uses his monk(s) is gonna be a trouble to you, luckily, most people right now are either newbies who do some dumb moves or don't know the basics of this kind of team and as such do mistakes.

-If you are unable to stop awakening or purifying scrolls it will decrease your team performance in a great amount.

-Requires A LOT of tactics and microing your mercs...

So if you believe this kind of team is the right for you, go ahead :)

Ok, im not gonna say exactly my formation but instead i'll tell my opinion about each mercenary and how you can use them to build your own stun/DoT pressure team.

I'm gonna rank each merc with * to ***** being that the more the better :P

Sword Mercenaries:

-Swordsman

-This is probably the worse merc you can get to a team like this, sure it adds a lot of defense in your front row but there are better tanks if you really need it and both his atack and his skills aren't really useful for this teams.

skills:
Flame sword - Spike skill, not worth unless in lower divisions before you get higher mercs

Dark Seed - although the -Vit is quite good, getting a swordsman just for this is kind of a waste in my opinion although some will say otherwise because it can combo with oracle vortex, I'll leave this to your choice but i wouldn't get it.

deadly Strike - again, spike skill

Exorcist:

-I cannot express how important this guy is to keep the enemy monk under control, basically even though it wont help much to the pressure it will disable staff mercs magic so its a godsend to this formations.

skill:

Mana Burn - This skill is actually quite decent if coupled with a witch to completely drain a front row from the enemy, however it's mainly used in late game as in early game your skill points should be used on other skills.

Mana Seal - This is probably your only counter to a double monk formation and as such it's a must have skill if you own an exorcist,. This skill basically stop all staff users magic for one turn. This means 1 less awakening or holy guard which in turn might cause a stun or an extra turn of DoT's.

Seal Staff - This skills isnt that usefull, basically it reduced the power of staff users but staff users usually dont attack anyway :P

Speed Cast - This one is a passive that gives healing and action points to your staff mercs which will means that you can sue your staff mercs more times, I consider this to be the second skill to get on an exorcist as it really adds up to your casting power :)

Lady Knight

- this is mainly an improved version of the swordsman so even though it's a better tnak and her skill hits 2 targets it's still pretty much a tnak and nothing else.

skills:

Light Slash - not much to say, it hits 2 guys in a line and does decent damage, no extra effects at all...

rank: ** mainly because it is probably the best tank ingame...

Sailor

-The best spike damage in the game hands-down, it can nearly kill one enemy merc in one turn if it isn't a frontliner and if it gets a decent combo... however, it's jsut that... a spiker.

skills:

Toxic Sword - A pretty decent passive skill, it proc every once in a while and the mercenary that gets affected loses a hell of a good amount of AP for 2 turns which indeed is a good way of stopping a troublesome merc, however it need to be a front row enemy and it's still a gamble...

Blood Vengeance - a uber spike skill, it sacrifices some life to deal a huge one to the enemy, again, much like flame sword and light slash, nothing more than pure raw damage...

rank: *** in case you need a 4th melee to rotate, i don't really recomend it as he cant tank for long and skills arent that usefull...

Posted: January 2nd, 2010, 7:45 pm

eberly54345

Total Posts: 25
eberly54345's Reps: 6
this is good, but where is the rest of it? maybe give some real time situations and what to avoid and such. write on a little more and this is a good guide.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online