taultunleashed logoCoV/CoH powerleveling tactic For Premium : City of Heroes - Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

CoV/CoH powerleveling tactic For Premium : City of Heroes - Submissions

Posted: September 30th, 2006, 8:24 pm

americt

Total Posts: 28
americt's Reps: 0
CoV powerleveling tactic:

Newspaper missions are a wide known way to gain quick exp for the mission holder and anyone else of level on the team....but now its a way to gain experience for lowbies, also. For this tactic, you must get missions that say "Defeat John and lackeys", for example, or a mission like "Get libram from cave", or any other item/boss kill mission like that, and have the higher level person get it as one of their missions.. As the higher person, you must find your way to the end, kill the boss, AND EVERY enemy in the room where the boss was located. The mission will be completed, and the lowbie will get excellent mission bonus exp and influence, also. You can easily get a lowbie levels through this method, being that it is quick and you do not have to run from contact to contact to get missions. This is best used with recall friend for people who do not have a travel power yet. I can guarantee this works because of the mechanics of the game. As can be easily seen, you must only go to the back room and defeat everything(and click the blinkie if needed) to finish the mission. The lowbie gets exp for being in the mission and on the team, lackeyed or not.

Edit: Your right, to completely max out the experience and level someone ,you need a person 5 levels below. But the idea of this guide was that you could level people lower than 5 levels without a bridge(person to raise to lowbie to high enough as to be powerleveled). I definitely agree with you, though. ALSO, This is valid with CoH now with the introduction of police scanner missions, although I have not tested it, its the same concept, I believe.

Edit 2: Yes, it can be inefficient if done incorrectly, but I have seen lowbies go up 1-8 in 30 minutes with someone who knows how to do it right. This was mainly for City of Villains because it is the easiest and quickest being that there are no fire/kin on villains side. I just said it was for CoH because it is now vailid with CoH. And the best part is, within in a certain range, almost anyone can powerlevel. It is not just limited to level 50's. Example: A level 25 can PL a level 10 with moderately good results.

Americt

Last edited by americt on January 11th, 2007, 1:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Posted: October 1st, 2006, 11:48 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: December 30th, 2006, 9:03 pm

karkarof
karkarof's Reps:
Yes it does work, but to get the best reward possible the low level person should be no more then 5 lvles below the person that started the mission, thats the max, 6 levels and the low lvl will not get any for kills how ever they will normally receive 2x the xp they would normally receive for mission completion, it is faster for a low lvl to get on a team of ppl all 5 levels above so they can collect the kills and mission bonus.

Posted: January 1st, 2007, 11:54 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
So yay or nay in your opinion kark?

Posted: January 4th, 2007, 3:03 pm

karkarof
karkarof's Reps:
Yay

Posted: January 10th, 2007, 11:34 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
1 yays 1 more to move to confirmed
0 nays 3 more to lock this topic

Posted: January 10th, 2007, 4:59 pm

dildog
dildog's Reps:
nay... because this sounds way to much like http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpBB2/ab ... or_XP.html

am i incorrect? sounds very similar though..if not.

Posted: January 10th, 2007, 5:26 pm

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
1 yay 1 nay
2 more yays to confirm
2 more nays to lock

Posted: January 10th, 2007, 9:05 pm

cyberoptics
cyberoptics's Reps:
this works but isnt as effecient as other methods. :\

Posted: January 17th, 2007, 10:22 am

karkarof
karkarof's Reps:
This isn't ghosting, ghosting is mainly a single player lvling speed up, this is for group pling, and in some cases better for the PLer, for the most part if you don't have a high damage / high res/def toon to do PL farming then this is a easyer way , it's mish end bonus PLing. I have used this before works at all levels and is mainly designed for squishy toons to pl.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online