taultunleashed logoDual-teaming Powerleveling ... : City of Heroes - Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Dual-teaming Powerleveling ... : City of Heroes - Submissions

Posted: January 21st, 2008, 6:28 am

darrellkitchen
darrellkitchen's Reps:
Not sure how to classify this. Perhaps helpful information? Or, perhaps useless information? Or, yet again, an exploit or hint? However one wishes to take it.

Powerleveling using a dual-team, not farming in Peregrine with a Lv 50 F/K troller. However, it would be helpful to have a Lv 50 on the team ... makes things go much much faster. You not only gain XP faster, but also, if your in a Supergroup, you gain Prestige much faster, not to mention Influence. By-the-way, this has only been tested by me on the City of Heroes side of the game. I'm not sure of the CoV mechanisms.

Assuming you start with a Level 5 toon, and have a second account, or Lv 50 friend/SG friend who is willing and able to assist you (any level toon will do as long as the mobs are low enough for the Lv 50 to dispatch exceedingly quick). Why I say Lv 5? Because thats the level you start getting your first radio missions in Kings Row.

1. Low-Level invites high-level to team (low must be star).
  2. Low goes to the police station where his Detective contact is.
  3. Low gets a radio mish (any will do ... don't be too selective at this point)
    note: If this is not a Safeguard mission, please wait inside the police station because some missions will have an ambush seeking you out. If your Detective contact is inside, just stand beside him the entire time.
  4. High goes to the mission, runs to the end-mish zone inside the map and finishes the mission. Almost always this is a room/cavern, or just the boss and his henchman.
  5. Low gets the end-mish bonus XP, Prestige, and Influence.
  6. Repeat step 3 to 5 until you get a Safeguard mission.
  7. If your Detective contact is outside, go out and get the Safeguard mission.
    note: it is important you do the first series of Safeguard missions in the particular zone you are in as this will give you the contacts you need in that zone for Inspiration purchases. I suggest you keep doing them till the Detective has no more contacts to introduce you to then just pass on the rest of the Safeguard mish's.
  8. Repeat step 3 through 7.
I suggest the Low (when his Enhancements, Salvage, and Inventions are full) go sell all his collected Enhancements, especially ones he cannot use on-the-spot, and level-up after each level gained to increase the number of Salvage and Invention slots, and sell all the salvage and inventions they dont want to keep and use right there.

This is the only way I know of to gain Supergroup (SG) Prestige quickly. Also you'll be amazed at how fast your Low-level levels ... it's perhaps faster than doing a dual-farm mish, but not quite as fast as a six-team farm mish.

That's it.

edit: PS: This will not work with a team over a dual-team. Only the one whose mission it is will get the XP, Influence, Prestige.

edit: PPS: It may also be helpful, and produce an increase in XP, Influence, and Prestige if you (the low-level toon) set your Difficulty to Invincible.

Last edited by Guest on February 1st, 2008, 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: January 22nd, 2008, 4:02 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: June 1st, 2008, 10:38 pm

lunkan

Total Posts: 96
lunkan's Reps: 112
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
While this is a working trick, the poster has it a bit turned about. If you really want to see very nice xp for your lowbie, this is what you do.

1. the 50 gets a paper mish (Kill mob, Steal - Do not take rescue/kidnap missions)
2. The lowbie goes into the mission and stays by the door. (Do not sidekick or do anything)
3. The 50 runs in, running past or stealthing the mission, then quickly finishing the objective.
4. The lowbie receives capped XP for the mission (Which is quite alot at all levels)

5. Rince repeat ad naseum. Not quite as fast power levelling as running one of the farms with a decent fire/kin or lawnmower scrapper, but simple enough.

Posted: July 5th, 2008, 10:13 am

darrellkitchen
darrellkitchen's Reps:
I think you either misread or didnt read the origional post.

If you misread ... what I posted is what you posted only in more words AND the lowbie doesn't need to go to the mission at all. In the case of CoV, the lowbie only needs to stand beside their respective contact for doing Mayhem missions and pull up newspaper missions ...

Boy, did you ever get this backward ...

If you didn't read, then please read before making such comments.

The Poster ...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online