taultunleashed logoEmpathy Bot : City of Heroes - Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

Empathy Bot : City of Heroes - Submissions

Posted: January 16th, 2008, 7:19 am

rescu2000
rescu2000's Reps:
I have used this for other archtypes, but I wrote it specifically for Empathy powersets. The bot keeps buff on team mates (based on timers) and watches your team mates' health bars. If a team mate's health drops below a certain level, it will select them and use heal other.

The bot also handles Inspirations. You can choose between three options for inspirations. Each inspiration type can have a different selection. Options are:
1) do nothing
2) Auto use (this will burn anything but Helath and Endurance - see below)
3) Give to another player. (you select which player to had them to)

For health and Endurance, you select a point on the health bar and the endurance bar. When your health/endurance falls below that point, it will use the appropriate inspiration.

The program scans for health bars and keeps up with how many team members you have. You can then select which buffs you want on which team member.

The program requires little setup, can save settings in an INI file for each character (mostly due to gamma differences in colors). All control is done through hotkeys and scanning the screen for colors. Should be pretty safe. I wrote all of the code and can make changes.

I'm not sure if this is of any value to the community, as I have no basis for comparison to other bots. I found it extremely useful when I two boxed my toons to 50.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: January 16th, 2008, 1:48 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: February 12th, 2008, 8:54 pm

darrellkitchen
darrellkitchen's Reps:
Well ... I tried it ... ... ... and it didn't work.

My Emp is a Lv 40 Empathy/Energy Blast Defender. The setup chose the right colors and screen coordinates, but it just didnt fire any of the Emp powers in any kind of a timely fashion ... heck ... it didn't fire any of them at all.

I even let my test subject go down to within 5% of their health by running into a mob and just standing there and the Emp Bot didnt have my Empathy use any of her powers.

The instructions didn't say to load before or after CoH, so I did it both ways ... and ... nada!

Posted: March 20th, 2008, 5:45 pm

hamburglar

Total Posts: 255
hamburglar's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Darrell, ust curious, if you use vista, did you run the bot as administrators? I am not putting my 2 cents on this boss, just pointing out a common mistake most people make when using vista.

If you don't use vista, disregard this post!

Posted: March 21st, 2008, 4:29 am

darrellkitchen
darrellkitchen's Reps:
hamburglar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
... did you run the bot as administrators? ...
Not directly, no. My account is in the Administrators group anyway. But for curiosity's sake I'll try running it specifically from the Run As ... Administrator account and see if that has any result. Will post result soon as I can.

No, I don't use Vista. I tried it from both the Windows XP Tablet edition (logged in as myself) and Windows 2000 Advanced Server (logged in as Administrator) OS's and it didn't work from either OS.

Posted: March 22nd, 2008, 7:18 am

hamburglar

Total Posts: 255
hamburglar's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Well if you don't run vista, you don't need to run it as administrator.

Idk what to say then, I don't have a 2nd account to test the bot with, but funny enough, I believe I was in a group with an emp bot the other day. He was lvl 35 and following us around, everyone quit the group but he kept following me and healing me. He had me on follow and would just use the same healing spells over and over.

Posted: November 17th, 2009, 9:06 am

shandy101

Total Posts: 11
shandy101's Reps: 1
For those who come across this post.....The player (Bot) was merely on FOLLOW and had AUTO-HEAL on. You can set this up easily in seconds, i am a pro-Emp and do this when i need to go bio, drink, laundry, or answer door.

Posted: November 20th, 2009, 5:07 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
So it was working for you shandy101 ?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online