taultunleashed logoHow to use the /loc (premium account) : City of Heroes - Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

How to use the /loc (premium account) : City of Heroes - Submissions

Posted: January 22nd, 2006, 11:35 pm

wazza1
wazza1's Reps:
what are my coordinates and how do I use them?

a particular area of a map consists of coordinates, set up in an grid format of (X,Z,Y). These points can be used, in conjunction with your in-game compass, to find stuff.

+ X represents the West (+) or East (-) directions
+ Z represents the height above ground [Up (+)] or the height below ground [Down (-)]
+ Y represents the North (-) or South (+) compass points

a positive or negative sign indicates the given direction along a particular axis. If a coordinate lacks a positive or negative counter, it is always considered to be positive coodinates 0,0,0 represents the very centre of any zone map, at ground level. All maps are of different sizes and shapes and thus may have vastly different coordinate limits

An Example:

in Atlas Park, the freedom badge is located at coordinates of +130, +122,-640. So, the badge would be found by travelling from the middle of the map West 130 yards, Up 122 yards, and North 640 yards.

you can access your coordinates at any time in any of the following ways:

+Type /loc or /pos
+Select the 'Menu' and 'Options' item. Under 'Controls', seek out the 'Get Position' item. Assign this command to any key of your choice (I use P for my position but the P key is assigned to the powers tab by default so you may wish to choose another key)
+Create a bind or macro to utilize the /loc or /pos command. For example: /bind p "loc" or /bind macro loc "loc"

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online