blue large dot

New Healing exploit? : City of Heroes - Submissions

Posted: May 30th, 2004, 4:30 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I noticed lastnight while playing with a few friends in PP (Perex Park) that I could still heal our entire group while using my rest skill.
They started pulling mobs to where I was and I just kept healing while keeping my heals going and never lost a bit of mana.

Hope this is a new one - would love to get a free membership since my friend tells me your site rules. Just don't have a CC to use.

Thanks and happy Hero'ing :wink:

Posted: May 30th, 2004, 5:31 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
[quote="deevious"]I noticed lastnight while playing with a few friends in PP (Perex Park) that I could still heal our entire group while using my rest skill.
They started pulling mobs to where I was and I just kept healing while keeping my heals going and never lost a bit of mana.

Hope this is a new one - would love to get a free membership since my friend tells me your site rules. Just don't have a CC to use.

Thanks and happy Hero'ing :wink:[/quote]

Oops forgot to add that you need to hold the Ctrl key when you first hit your heal - which makes it a continous heal. In other words as soon as your heal is recharged it will automatically cast itself again so you don't have to click the heal again. This is toggled which means you also have to hit Ctrl + heal to turn it off. The nice thing is that if your heals are high enough and fast enough a good tanker can chain pull to your group for massive exp.

Posted: June 2nd, 2004, 5:16 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Ooh, can't wait to try this when I get back home :D

Edit: Confirmed. Works like a charm. 24/7 healing station :D

Posted: June 3rd, 2004, 9:27 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Before you get all worked up and happy this works but to a certain point. You CAN cast your group heal while resting, the bad news is, it only works on yourself. While resting, you can only do stuff that affects YOU and no one else. You hold control and cast your group heal, then rest it will automatically heal while your resting but no one is going to get healed but you. Sorry to burst anyones bubble. I was hoping this bug worked just as much as everyone else.

Posted: June 4th, 2004, 5:14 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Doh, thanks for the info.

Posted: June 4th, 2004, 11:26 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
[quote="bokyong"]Before you get all worked up and happy this works but to a certain point. You CAN cast your group heal while resting, the bad news is, it only works on yourself. While resting, you can only do stuff that affects YOU and no one else. You hold control and cast your group heal, then rest it will automatically heal while your resting but no one is going to get healed but you. Sorry to burst anyones bubble. I was hoping this bug worked just as much as everyone else.[/quote]

Hmmm - now this is been tested and confirmed by 6 other friends and some people from our Super Group and so far it has healed everyone that is in the group and within range of the Defenders heal - you might want to make sure you hit the Ctrl key when you cast the first heal so that it will continue to heal until you disengage it by hitting the heal and Ctrl again.

I have been using this in PP for the last 4 days and our groups have been staying healed just fine.

Posted: June 4th, 2004, 11:47 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
You have to be in a group? Oh I didnt know that i figured since the group heal will heal anyone around you, (Whether in the group or not) I did it without being in a group but with my friends around. I gotta try it again while in a group. I'll let you guys know as soon as i get home.

Posted: June 7th, 2004, 1:09 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Tried it in a group and nope it does NOT heal the entire group. it only heals yourself.

Posted: June 11th, 2004, 2:23 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
maybe it's just u mate, i didn't try it but it does seems tow ork just like all the buffs you can use while resting, makes you think ha???

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online