taultunleashed logoSo is COH fun? : COH - General / Guide - Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 27 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

So is COH fun? : COH - General / Guide - Discussions - Page 2

Posted: April 25th, 2004, 9:17 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I've been enjoying CoH so far.
I've played for about 3-4 weeks now I guess.

It has an amazingly large amount of character looks to pick from. Its fairly rare to see two people who look the same. You can make a decent amount of knock offs too if your into that kinda thing. I've seen Guile, Ryu, Blanka, Zangief, a few of the scooby doo cast, Papa Smurf, Ronald McDonald, Richard Simmons, Al Gore, Neo, Agent Smith, Santa Claus, Johnny Bravo, The Tick, The Hulk, Cyclops, Pheonix, Jubliee, Quicksilver, Wonder Woman, and soooooooooo many more.

Its mostly fast action based with low downtime. Best combat system of a MMORPG so far, IMO. A refreshing change from the stanard EQ, FFXI, SB autoattack etc..

Quests are decent, usually leading to an indoor mission for you and your group - no having to worry about other groups competing for the often low spawn rates around you in other mmorpgs, or being trained by idiots.

I hear theres some interesting story, but I kinda skipped through any that may have been around, or never got to that level.. I only hit level 17 at highest.

Anyone can get some fun travel powers - super jumping (very fun), fly (also damned fun), teleport, and super speed.

I'm not really sure what the high end game is like.. I hear there are some raids you can do.. I hear its a bit of a level grind too though.. Theres no real items in this game, but it does have enhancements you stick in slots, but once its used you can't take it out, only upgrade or overwrite.

You can sidekick a friend to give him a level boost while he remains near you. So your low level friend can come have fun with you.

Definately a refreshing change from the other mmorpgs out there. Will definately be better when they get some other stuff to do besides combat.

Posted: April 25th, 2004, 10:28 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
At first I thought it would get redundant.
I thought I was restricted to certain missions.
But you also could attack thugs in a ally, or defend against an alien invasion.

Ill be buying and playing it when it comes out.

Posted: April 26th, 2004, 12:19 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yep ive played L2 and i hated the way the korean ppl had already their bots running like A1 machine and having like 5-6 bots running at same time with name like number 01 02 03 04 05 and gm doing !@#$%^&* all on those.... cant compete really with those guy and needed a change so ill try it with CoH heard alot of good thing bout it ... prolly be on victory server with some friend so see ya in the game!

Posted: April 27th, 2004, 3:30 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
well i posted my link and has all my characters and servers, Victory is the european server so it seems.

well there are some rare mobs, there is one KRAKEN monster type in perez park by the lake. You can take it out and he will spawn back 1 day later or so, also it seems if you kill the Kraken the hydras are not so strong anymore, not sure but that's what it looked to me.

I'm mainly on Freedom, but I have characters on other servers:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrei.michnea/coh/

Posted: May 4th, 2004, 11:32 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I played L2 and CoH...i hate things about L2

1 - everyone looks alike
2- bugs/lag
3- exp/level loss
4- drop items

Coh fixed those but the things i do like about L2

1- pvp
2- pvp
3-castle siege
4- did i mention pvp castle siege?

CoH is fun now for now but i dunno if it will last...jumping off buildings can only be so amusing for so long..cant wait till city of villians maybe some pvp action

hard decesion to make

Posted: May 5th, 2004, 9:28 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I played the BETA. I think some people will like this game if they enjoy the first person shoot em up games like Doom. I am more a strategy guy and got very bored after about 10 hours of play. You do nothing but kill, no real story lines to follow. I give the game high marks on its graphics and engine capabilities though. I can't think of any other that does such a good job at giving you the detail on a large scale and keeping zone time to a minimum. It was not worth my $15 a month so I no longer play.

Posted: May 8th, 2004, 12:01 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I think this game is fun cos many friends of me play !!

So i'd like to join them but i can't find anywhere a cd key to buy before 3 or 4 days !!

Some of my friends have bought theirs on line within 8 hours...where can i do the same to play today or tomorrow ??

PlayNC and Interact have not cd key anymore it seems...

HELP ME !!

Posted: May 8th, 2004, 12:07 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
hehe only reason im playing is for City of Villains .. cuz then there will be pvp and pvp is the funest thing in the world

edit: lukas if you have a gamestop in your town you can buy it there .. thats what I did

Posted: May 24th, 2004, 4:53 am

tault_cik
tault_cik's Reps:
I wont play L2 since I beta played it and was tired of the leveling treadmill. You get that with any game, but in order to get involved in the game you have to level and it is tedious...not like Shadowbane where they softened the level treadmill. As for castle sieges....this is another reason why I left Shadowbane because it is all you do...a fight for real-estate. I love PvP designed games, but not when they become as redundent and linear as the PvE games.

As for CoH...dont expect the villain expansion until 2005. The devs get an a for creativity but it stops about there. It is 'all' about chasing a level number. The interaction with the computer controlled mobs is all the same, and so are the missions. The misssions are all alike, but with a change in location. The story-line contributes little to nothing to game-play since there is absolutely no tangible benefit to following it, and I always outlevel the story....they game is slower than my play-style, and I only play an hour or 2 a day.

With CoH, the redundency and level grind will bore you to tears. The combat is very nice, but that is all there is, and after a while as you can imagine, it also becomes very predictable. The replayability factor is very low, unless you dont mind an Everquest crap life of killing similar mobs over and over and over again, in similar situations over and over and over again, but without their crappy crafting system and economy.

Posted: June 23rd, 2004, 11:03 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Um Lukas, I know its hard to even think about it but...

Buy the damn game!

No one is going to give you a key!

Posted: July 27th, 2004, 1:46 pm

Tault_chant

Total Posts: 5
Tault_chant's Reps: 0
You have to be joking...
50+ years of comics, a game that initially lets you get your feet wet, and enjoy all of that history, then you make your own...
I have avoided games that wanted money, sold out to the negative feedback, the DeVs are looking pretty golden at this point to me, with them putting the gam eon a pedestal, that it SHOULD be on.
I stayed far away from ultima, and everquest, and stuck to my tried and true Neverwinter Nights for 1-2 years. Total cost for that was less than my graphics card... hrm, and I still want to play that game, people still ask me if their computers can play that game...
I assure you that CoH is fun for anyone, the first time. Anyone.
So, here's a known exploit for you, go get it, and if you dont like it, bring it back. I am certain that if you pick it up, you probably will not return it, if your computer, and you can handle it.
Lastly, It kicks DAoC's pathetic PvP mid/hib/alb !@#$%^&*.
I have all of the expansions, collecting dust on my floor.
I'd sell them to anyone for SH + 15.00 so I can pay for a month of CoH.
ElderDark

Posted: September 7th, 2004, 9:36 pm

tault_boogyman
tault_boogyman's Reps:
im on justice the names b oogyman come chat to me. p.s.the names acactually the way its spelt

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online