taultunleashed logoAxeweilder's Archer Guide : Conquer Online Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Axeweilder's Archer Guide : Conquer Online Submissions

Posted: August 10th, 2006, 8:26 pm

kobrakhan69
kobrakhan69's Reps:
Since nnoone else is posting guides I will throw a couple I found from the site. I also cannot post in the guide section...So here it is.

Note this is not my work I will post the persons Conquer forum name when I post his guide.

Axeweilder's Archer Guide

An Archer Guide for Newbs v1.0

An archer guide for newbs v1.0

Introduction: This guide will cover the basics about the archer class, where to level, where to hunt, what do with the money, and the pros and cons of an archer, among other things. This guide is mainly directed at the newbier players, so if you’re a “pro” then feel free to skip some of the tips and directions given. :cool:

Choosing the right class: The first thing that you must know when deciding to become an archer is what you want out of Conquer Online. If you want to make money, and LOTS of it, then the archer class is one for you. However, if you want a character with strong pvp (player versus player) skills then the archer class is not a good choice. Try becoming a trojan or fire tao.

Setting your objectives: One of the most important things to do for any class is to set objectives. Don’t just think: “I want to get to lvl 130 and be rich”, for that is most likely a large number of the community’s objective as well, and is tedious to accomplish. Try setting smaller, more specific goals and write them down! It has been scientifically proven that writing down your goals leads to completion of them more frequently. A good example of a small goal would be: by the end of the week I want to have grown 5 levels and made 300k silvers by hunting monsters.

Understanding the game: Before playing Conquer Online, you should try and learn as much about the game as possible. Explore the website and discover things. Most of the information on the website is true, and if you find something to be untrue, just ask on the forums. Many will be glad to help!

Choosing a server and a name: This is undoubtedly the most important decision you will make when creating your archer. It is crucial to join a server that you are satisfied with and have a name that doesn’t cause butterflies in your stomach every time you look at it ;)

Feel free to ask around on the forums for a server that meets your needs. Be specific, and ask in the newcomer section. Or ask some of your real life friends if they play Conquer and what server they reside in. It’s much more fun to be playing on a server with your friends from real life. Trust me on this one :)

Getting started: Ok, I am going to assume that you have some general knowledge of the game from reading the website. Thus, this guide will not get into details about how to leave birth village or how to equip armour, for the average person should be able to comprehend this. The guide will be split into two paths: for the person who prefers to be “power levelled”, and the person who prefers to train themselves. The first part of the guide is different for both, though at the end it comes out as being the same.

Training

This section of the guide tells you where to train.

Route A (Level 1-73) Power Levelled: This is the easy way to level up, and much faster though you fail to learn some things about the game and gain proficiency, etc. Anyways, the first thing you need is a small stash of money. Use your 100 silvers to teleport to the market and then ask around for 1k silvers. Don’t spam up the screen in the market, just kindly go up to people and request 1000 silvers. I’m sure by the 5th or 6th person, you will have hit the jackpot :)

Now, store 500 silvers in your bank and teleport back to twin city. It’s good to have a small emergency stash just in case. Once in twin city use the conductress to teleport to ape mountain, and go through the portal.

Once you have gone through the portal, allow a guard to kill you by switching to pk mode and attacking it. When you respawn you respawn in the city :)

With your approximate 300 silvers, buy an ape city scroll from the pharmacist, and then hop down the map into the bottom left portal. Once you have done this, go through the portal, and hop to the bridge in the middle of the map. Be careful not to let any of the monsters hit you, as they will kill you in one attack. At this bridge there is nearly always a high level archer plvling people. You can recognize them by the star over their head, and the uber-cool equipment they are wearing. You will be like this one day :cool:

Request to join their team and relax. This is where you can get plvled to until you hit level 33. You can go afk, but it is not advisable, as there are many pks around who might kill you :(

Once you have hit level 33, kindly say thanks and leave. Head across the bridge and go to the bottom right corner of the map. There will be Snakemonsters here, and usually another even stronger archer plvling. Request to join their team and relax again :P This is good levelling until 43.

Once you hit 43, thank the plvler, and use your ape city scroll to get back to ape city. Now head back to twin city. Get the level 15 and 40 promotion. The level 40 promotion requires 5 exuenite ores, which can be found at the mine cave, accessible by the conductress. This is when I advise to stop being plvled, as it is hard to find a team at bird island or sandelves. If desired, you can do further research and go to sandelves until level 48, and bird island until level 72 for plvling, but don’t get all mad if no one is there! :P

From level 43-73 you will need to scatter at alien apes. Read “route B” to find out how to get there. You will need to go to mystic castle and lure the monsters there, as well.

Route B (Level 1-73) Self-Training: Ok, this route is a little more tedious, though since levelling from 1-43 can be accomplished in less than a day, it really makes little difference in the overall scheme. Anyways, the first thing you need is a small stash of money. Use your 100 silvers to teleport to the market and then ask around for 1k silvers. Don’t spam up the screen in the market, just kindly go up to people and request 1000 silvers. I’m sure by the 5th or 6th person, you will have hit the jackpot :)

Now, store 500 silvers in your bank and teleport back to twin city. It’s good to have a small emergency stash just in case. Use the conductress to teleport to desert city, and talk to the general, proceeding to go through. Allow a guard to kill you by switching to pk mode and holding control while attacking him, and then respawn in the city. With your approximate 300 silvers, buy a desert city scroll and teleport to mystic castle using the in city conductress. Go in the portal.

Whoa! Level 103 monsters! Not a problem :) Just walk a fair distance away from the monsters, and “lure” them to the guards, who will kill the monsters for you. Having money at the start is important to fast levelling for an archer, so continue to lure monsters, pick up the items and gold, and sell them to the store and return until you have around 100k silvers. Sell all refines to the store as they are pretty much useless (if you get any), and sell all uniques except for a club, boots, necklace, earrings, or ring, because you can sell these for money in the market. If you pick up any meteors or +1’s you can choose to keep them or sell them. Assuming you know about composition, +1’s are valuable and are worth a minimum of around 200k (varying on server) and a maximum of over 5 million silvers! (again, varying on servers).

With your 100k or more, teleport back to twin city. Make sure you have a lucky bow. Buy a bamboo bow and a hunting bow, an iron and copper ring, as well as 20 packs of lucky arrows, and a scroll. Food is not needed as where you will be training the monsters will one-hit you. Store your remaining money in the warehouse.

Now teleport to the mine caves, and head a little south. Be careful of the monsters! Look around for a “ghost king”. Once you find him, simply attack him and hop around. Continue to do this until you reach level 23, making sure to upgrade your bow and attack ring as you progress in levels. At level 15, you should get promoted and learn xp fly, and at 23, the thing that will revolutionize training: scatter.

Scattering monsters is the best experience for archers by far. Know this, and use it well. It’s also what makes them such good hunters.

Now buy all the accessories you can for your level. A good bow and ring are essential for an archer especially. Buy 5 scrolls and 35 arrow packs of lucky arrows.

Find the guild conductress and go in. If on a weekend be careful of guild war. Ask around to find which guild conductor takes you to the “adventure zone” (some people call it the “advanced zone”, and the guild conductor varies per server) and go in that one. Go through the portal at the top right corner of the map. BE SURE NOT TO BE HIT BY THE MONSTERS, AS IN ONE HIT YOU WILL DIE. Now hop north a little once you’re through the portal, and you will find monsters called alien apes. Congrats, this is where you will be training until level 73, so get used to it. You should try to lure the monsters into clumps and scatter them to maximise exp.

As time goes on, use iron arrows, and be sure to upgrade your equipment. Tg’ing every night is also essential to growth.

Level 73-110: These will be your easiest levelling EVER. You will soon find out why most archers hit level 110 and then just stop and get bored of Conquer, because after these levels, levelling will become a lot more difficult.

I’m sure that you know by now what the labyrinth is. It requires an entrance fee of 2000 vps, and so before entering the lab you should get these, and I recommend having at least 10000, because it’s a pain getting more.

What you will be doing in the lab is finding the “archer spawn” and scattering the monsters there. You may think that it is similar to the tedious scattering at alien apes. However, the labyrinth is extremely easy because of the fact that there are places to sit and allow stamina fly to be used! Plus the monsters deal physical damage, so you don’t have to worry about staying out of their reach when you’re in the air! I advise you to use your time effectively in lab, because this is extremely easy levelling.

When going to the lab, I recommend having an elite +2 hat so that you can survive one hit in case you fall accidentally. Bring 35 speed arrows, 1 scroll to twin city, 2 vanillas, and 2 vanilla boxes. You want to maximize your vp’s!

Train hard and keep raking in the money (explained later), cuz the fun is just about to begin... :p

Route A (Level 110-122)Basilisks: Congrats! You have that sexy eagle coat, are able to one hit slow apes, and levelling has been a breeze!

It all changes now.

Remember scattering at alien apes with nice exp in the old days? Well this will be just like it, except that you will be lucky to pull of 15k exp per scatter. Very lucky.

Levelling after 110 requires a HUGE amount more exp. Thus, getting used to it will be extremely hard. Levels 110-115 are the hardest for an archer, especially if you don’t have lots of money. There will be many water farmers at basilisks, and so levelling will be difficult. Just keep at it. That’s all I can say. Set small goals such as “by the end of the day I want to have grown 15 percent”, and you can do it. Keep that burning desire to start farming yourself in mind, and keep up the hard work!

At 115 and 116 feel free to go to alien serpents as they are white named. The spawn is smaller there, though. Tg’ing is a must at these levels. Try to get a water in your guild to stif you while you tg or train, or plvl one to 55 yourself :)

Route B (Level 112-122) Labyrinth 2/Bassies: If you’re a rich boy, then this route is for you. Agile rats in lab2 have low dodge, and deal magic damage. Perfect for scattering, right?

In a way, yes. Unfortunately for the poorer archer, this is not much of an option. Levelling in the lab is pointless unless the monsters hit 1’s on you, especially for an archer. Thus, the only way to reap the extremely good experience in lab2 (in comparison to bassies) is by having sufficient magic defence to take 1’s from the agile rats. In order to do this you need a super +4 level 112 coat, and super +3 level 112 earrings.

At 117, there is pretty much no choice but to head back to bassies, as agiles become green. The good news is that you’ve passed through the hard levels and have a nice new ring :)

Route A (Level 122-130) TG: Yep, that’s right. Tg is, and has always been very nice experience for an archer. Go have some fun and make another character while tg’ing. Make sure to have a water stigging you all the time to maximise exp, and don’t annoy the Trojans too much by ruining their exp :p

Route B (Level 122-130) Lab4/WZ/TG:If you really want exp it will cost you. Get your tokens ready and head back to the lab. This time it’s lab4 fighting Minutors. You will need a good had and coat to take 1’s, so be prepared and equipped.

At 125 head over to wz, though the exp isn’t too great. In my opinion it’s much easier to tg from 122-130, or 125-130, but at 127 it’s a must :p

Hunting

This section of the guide will tell you where to hunt as an archer, so that you can rake in the money :)

Seeing as killing mass amounts of monsters quickly is an archer’s greatest advantage, this section of the guide is extremely important.

Level 1-73: Terrible hunting. Only decent hunting is at level 60+ at bandits. Wait until level 73 to do any major hunting.

Level 73-85: Either minimacques or elfapes. Unless you have extremely good equipment and can one-hit these monsters, then they are more or less the same as you will 2 hit them both from lvl 75-85.

Elfapes are advisable as there are five spawns, and they have been proven to drop extremely valuble items. Refer to Lacam’s thread: "Drop Rate Experiment" for further details.

Level 85-90: You should now be able to one-hit minimacques, so do your hunting there. If you cannot one hit them yet, then stick to elfapes.

Level 90-100: With the new level 90 bow and ring, you should be able to one-hit elfapes. If not, you will definitely one hit minimacques, so hunt there.

Level 100-110: At level 100 with a super bow and unique attack ring you should be able to one-hit slowapes. Thus, it is advisable to move there for hunting purposes. If you are unable to do so, stay at elfapes, which should be able to be one-hit by now.

Level 110-121: This is where it gets tricky.

If you can one-hit snakemonsters and slowapes, then it is up to you where to hunt. Personally I like slowapes because the spawn at snakemonsters requires a lot more attention and I’m a lazy boy :p

If you cannot yet one-hit snakemonsters, then stick to Slowapes.

Level 121-130: By now your equipment should be at least an elite 2 socket bow and elite +2 attack ring, which should be ok to 2-hit hawkings with stigma. Hunt on bird island and adventure zone, and try not to farm too many waters without plvling any newbies :p

What to do with the Money?

The two most important things an archer needs are a decent ring and bow.

Focus on getting a super 2 socket bow first, and then work your way to a ring. +’ing the bow adds some damage, but each + at level 130 is only +40 ph-damage, so it’s not really worth getting it higher than +5. Most archers can farm fine with a +3 bow.

The ring at higher levels is even more important than the bow. When you’re a newbie, aim for an elite +2 ring, and use this until you can afford a socketed ring. Yes, a socketed ring. Buy a low level socketed ring, make it super, and compose it to +3 (use your elite +2 ring to help you). The +275 ph defense of a +3 thunder is extremely useful for plvling and water farming.

After acquiring these, focus on a socketed coat, socketed earrings, then necklace, and, finally, boots. Make these super in due time, just make sure your ring and bow are super! Archers need all the attack power they can get. Remember this.

Well that sums up my guide for now. My fingers are dead tired from typing :p but I’ll be sure to add in more later :D

-End of version 1.0- [/B]

Posted: August 11th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online