[ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Xenox's Tao Guide : Conquer Online Submissions

Posted: August 10th, 2006, 8:42 pm

kobrakhan69
kobrakhan69's Reps:
~..Complete Taoist Guide..~

Author:xenoxPosted on:2005-10-14 11:21:11

Hey, my fellow Conquer Online players. I'm here with another guide for all you Taoists out there. I'm unsure if you've all had time to read my *Getting PLVL'ed* Guide, It's another guide written by me which has helped many Conquer Online players. The following Guide will be introduced to you in Chapters. The chapters are listed below to help you find the area that suits you best in the shortest amount of time.

~.. Taoist Guide Sections...~

1. PLVL. Good or bad?

2. Leveling from 1-40 (No PLVL).

3. Leveling from 41-70 (No PLVL).

4. Leveling from 71-101 (No PLVL).

5. PKing Tips + Tricks.

6. Ways to make money fast!

~... Chapter 1 ...~

~.. PLVL. Good or bad? ..~

Many people will tell you that being PLVL'ed slows you down a great amount. This is untrue in almost everyway possible. If you want a nice fast level and even a bit of cash. PLVL'ing is the way to go.

When you're PLVL'ed, you don't gain thunder exp or cure exp unless you use them during the PLVL. This will make you hit less when you've done being PLVL'ed. But when you're level 40 with a lot better gear (lvl 40 BS is better than the entire lvl 15 tao set), you'll be able to level your spells A LOT faster.

By about level 44, you should be able to obtain Fire and Meditation at the same time. Getting from 40-44 and Fixing Thunder takes a lot less than Leveling it in between PLVL's, this is because not only do you get less exp per bolt but you also run around a lot more.

This subject of PLVL'ing is all opinion based making it very confusing. I've tried to Justify my angle above to make it a much easier decision on your part.

~... Chapter 2 ...~

~.. Leveling 1-40 (NO PLVL) ..~

I'd like to start off by saying leveling NEVER gets easier as a Taoist or any other character class. This is logical because if it became easier, there would be a huge amount of RB's roaming around the servers. Now for the First Chapter on leveling your Taoist.

There're 2 ways you can go about leveling from 1-40, Either can be faster depending on your style of play.

1. Bandits (lvl97) / Tomb bats (lvl102)

*Style of play* Little attention to game, Easily distracted, Talk a lot to other players.

A lot of players will level in this area from lvl 1-70 because it's a nice relaxed place with little death/Damage/Healing. Occasionally you may run into a jerk or two, but that's because we're all human.

Basically you are able to hide from monsters and ZAP them without needing to jump away from them too much. When you kill all the monsters or they run out of your range you can easily attract them back. The best part about this spot is that until level 90+ you'll be getting black Monster EXP which helps you level faster.

Many people think that leaving this place on you *0,*1,*5,*6 levels is a good Idea. It's often best to stay in the area you choose first while you level. If you're unsure where this is. Please refer to Waterfall Cave in this link http://www.conqueronline.com/guide/...s/n_forests.jpg

2. Regular Monsters in the Twin-City Map

*Style of play* Very into the game, Good computer, Fast understanding of leveling, not easily distracted.

This style of leveling is often faster then the waterfall Cave method until about level 40. Basically you fight your Double EXP monsters on your level *0,*1,*5,*6 Levels. Then head to the lowest Black Monsters (Seek Closest ones first) on any other level.

It's best to carry A Twin City scroll whenever you can afford it. Always use conductress to reach your training spot (Much faster training).

~... Chapter 3 ...~

~.. Leveling 41-70 (NO PLVL) ..~

*** Keep in mind any levels not mentioned are levels you should use Waterfall Cave to level yourself ***

*** On your *1,*6 levels. It's best to attack the higher level monsters first if possible. You'll get more exp from both the lower and higher monsters though. ***

Leveling from 41-70 May seem painful to some people. If it is, I suggest making an Archer / Warrior because it only gets harder from here. Leveling from 41-70 is different in that it's often best to use both the Waterfall Cave & Your Double EXP Monsters. Don't bother leveling on Rats/Elf's because they are very small, Fast, Overly annoying Creatures of Doom. Instead level in Waterfall Cave until level 50.

At level 50 your best bet is to try one of the Min Mac/ Macaque Spawns and use Fire on them. You'll hit them enough to get Items / Exp Really fast. This is the level where you pay for your Potions that will be used to get from 52-55 so use the Money you get wisely.

At level 55 you're going to go to Elf Apes/Giant Apes (There're like 5 Spawns) Once again use the money wisely to ensure you don't need to hunt while on your Water Fall Cave levels.

At level 60 you're going to hit Slow Apes/Thunder Apes. There're only a few spawns (Tightly Camped) meaning you'll just need to jump around killing one of the many thousands of Slow Apes around you. Use Money Wisely.

At level 65 you're heading to Snake Monster/Snakemen. These have spawns and are also very tightly camped. You'll find many of these Snake Monsters around though so no worries.

You should now be able to get level 70 in Waterfall. Now is when the differences between Fire/Water really show.

~... Chapter 4 ...~

~.. Leveling 71-102 (NO PLVL) ..~

Fire Taoists: You can level in Senior SnakeMen until level 102. There's really no faster way then there. Here are a few tips about leveling there.

1. Bring 3-Pack Ginsengs and Soul Pills.

2. Use Ginsengs ONLY when a huge surplus of Senior SnakeMen(SSM) are around you. Use cure when you can to save pots.

3. Find an archer to assist you. Archers are the best way to level because a good archer can group SSM getting you an additional 10k-20k exp per Fire Circle.

4. This way is fastest because you'll also be leveling your Fire Circle to Inferno (Slowly) making it a lot easier to Train in TG as well.

Water Taoists: I really can't say much about Water Taoists because I got bored fast with mine. I'll give my point of view nonetheless. At level 70 get promoted, Try to find a Man / Woman who likes you enough to marry you and level with them. It's also Suggested that Money goes towards the purchase of ANY 2 socket Backsword with 2 Rainbow Gems Enchanted into them.

If you can't find a husband you'll be leveling in Waterfall Cave for eternity or until you break and become PLVL'ed water (which no one really likes). If your going with the Waterfall Cave method, at least attempt to find a good set of equipment to assist you in leveling.

If you become married it's a good Idea to level with your husband (Stig, Shield, Whatever) because you get good Killing Experience. Find a good team and you'll be on your way.

After level 102, you're on your own, playing enough to reach such a level is enough to get you into the game whilst knowing everything I taught you here. Good luck on your road to becoming Reborn.

~... Chapter 5 ...~

~.. PKing Tips + Tricks ..~

PKing is going to happen in a Free PK based game. It's best you know ways to PK so you can hopefully make a few dollars when you kill the Black Named noob with full super.

1. PKing with a Taoist can be easily done if you keep your distance. Use your spells wisely. For example, Start with a Fire Meteor and then use Tornado to hopefully get a over reaction by the PK'er making him mess up a bit.

2. If your planning on getting into a fight, Bring HP pots. They will allow you to heal without wasting the time to heal with a spell. If your opponent has no Pots and you do. You win, simple as that.

3. If you're out-matched, just run. No point in losing EXP because you fought someone a lot higher then you.

4. Always use Wind Scrolls if you're the PK'er. Often noobs will interfere and act cool because you don't wanna go red for their noob asses, and you can't exactly use a TC scroll because you'll die.

~... Chapter 6 ...~

~.. Ways to make money fast!...~

Money for Taoist's shouldn't be a problem till after level 70 because of Meditation. You can use pots or not depending on your personality type. So don't worry about hunting and such until 70+. Here're a few reasons.

1. If you feel like making a new character, you can now setup your Taoist in a good mine which generates 300k/Hour on average.

2. Fire Taoists at level 70 can 1hit a good amount of NPC's which lets you hunt faster and make more money.

3. You can defend yourself from the PK'ers that lurk on innocent Noobs.

4. You can PLVL your new character with your Taoist making it Faster, More reliable, and you get Virtue Points for doing so.

Don't be fooled by these "Make Millions as a level 15 guide" because if you have "Millions" at level 15 you won't have anything to spend it on. A level 70 can PLVL 4 people from 1-15 in 10Minutes.. How can a level 70 make less money then a 15?

There's no point in Hunting until you can kill monsters fast. I'm not talking about Bandits. You shouldn't hunt as a Taoist until you can 1hit Slow Apes with Fire Circle (Or fire).

Posted: August 11th, 2006, 5:22 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: August 11th, 2006, 5:37 pm

kobrakhan69
kobrakhan69's Reps:
I dont think many people visit this forum as of yet. But I say yay cause its a good guide otherwise I wouldnt have posted it same goes for the others I threw in here.

Posted: August 11th, 2006, 8:50 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
You cant yay your own stuff hah.

Posted: August 12th, 2006, 6:27 am

kobrakhan69
kobrakhan69's Reps:
o okay sorry it wont happen again.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online