taultunleashed logoCan redar see stealthers? : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 12 posts ] 
blue large dot

Can redar see stealthers? : DAOC Discussion

Posted: March 13th, 2005, 12:29 pm

Guest's Reps:
Hi my friend told me that vampiirs can see stealthers from wide range and also that radar will ping invisible characters now. (unlike when I used to play)

And I freaking hate stealthers with a passion, so I was wondering if this is true. If so, I would buy a couple more xunleashed accounts.

Posted: March 21st, 2005, 12:37 pm

randymoss963
randymoss963's Reps:
I heard the same thing. Rumor was that the /map sends info back and XU was catching it. I haven't seen it working. If anything it might be another radar program.

Posted: March 26th, 2005, 4:18 am

Guest's Reps:
To all those who hate stealthers:

Let me ask you this. If you take away an assassins stealth, what defense does he have? His leather armor? What attacks does he have without Critical Strike? This radar is taking an extremely important aspect of a class and demolishing it. Why not take a casters long range bolt? Or perhaps limit the range on a bow to 300 units?...Ill tell you why. In Mythics infinite wisdom they have created these classes to be played in a balanced enviorment. If you alter that, you take away some peoples game. I used to hate stealthers as many of you do. You know what i did?...I went by that ancient saying "If you cant beat them, join them".

try learning how to play your class to get an advantage, dont take away someone elses talents to compensate for your own ignorance.

Posted: March 27th, 2005, 12:51 am

rtcw02
rtcw02's Reps:
Because we all running into huge stealth zergs!!!!!!

Leather plus Evade 7=Chain+

Get over it alot of People use Radar to avoid zergs, why shouldnt we be able to avoid the gayest form of zerg, the stealth zerg!

Posted: March 28th, 2005, 8:13 pm

flizard
flizard's Reps:
rofl morons

Posted: April 1st, 2005, 7:35 pm

coldfire
coldfire's Reps:
haha

Posted: April 1st, 2005, 9:01 pm

Guest's Reps:
:idea: Radar could essentially show stealthed opponent locations. All client information of character locations is sent to your computer.
:arrow: Using radar to chase down stealther opponents usually choses to be an unwise ability. Most plugins don't have them on ping until you've 'uncovered' them. This is a wise decision on the creators part, otherwise your use of such an illegal program would quickly cost you your account.
:arrow: The best plugins have character information such as class, race, guild, realm rank, etc. for when you click their ping dot. Some even use letter/color labels on the map for you to quickly identify what you will be facing.
:!: Using such advanced plugins may cause you more difficulties than advantages. The temptation to out maneuver a crit attack or jump a few stealthers for realm points could get you caught more easily.

Posted: April 1st, 2005, 9:03 pm

Guest's Reps:
:!: Stealth classes are for !@#$%^&*. Play a better class of character. The actual reason that you're in leather armor is so that a real player can come kick your !@#$%^&*, laugh in your face, and get on with finding someone who can actually play the game.

Posted: April 6th, 2005, 4:51 am

sdsdsdsd
sdsdsdsd's Reps:
dovete crepare di tumore al culo tutti , anche le vostre madri va' , per aver creato dei figli cosi coglioni !!!!!.....mi raccomando fate ste cose dietro a un monitor , di nascosto , che se no davanti piccoli esseri merdosi , prendereste solo botte.

Ciao figli di troia

Posted: April 6th, 2005, 9:00 am

Guest's Reps:
to all whom hate stealthers so damn much, why not actilly realize that stealthers only kill gimps and casters. Other words if you die from a stealther you are a gimp.
50 infiltrator alb merlin

Posted: April 23rd, 2005, 1:24 pm

cartman
cartman's Reps:
Lets assume you can see stealthers..

What are you going to do ? Run after them and attack them ?

Lets see.. I'm 2000 units away from me and a thane does a bee line right for me, and kills me.. HMMM..

I say, he was lucky.. Now for revenge. I ress up and go back.. Guess what the same thane, gets in range and does aoe on me once again, killing me..

Without a doubt, eventually radar using stealthers will be the main reporters of other non stealthers using radar. You don't want that.

The reality is Radar for a stealther lets them know there is a target further away then normally could. If they have the patience of walking around in stealth its a good thing for them. So basically it gives help in aquiring targets alot sooner, then acutally running around and scouting for them..

But in the end with or without radar, you still end up with facing that stealther or Stealth Zerg.. The only thing you deal with is it might happen less often, depending on where you are. If your in DF, its gonna happen more often then not, simply because based on your level range we all know what area to look for for farming..

Again radar does help the stealther out alot more then the non stealther.. But it surely DOES NOT make the person a better PvPer.

Posted: May 12th, 2005, 4:37 am

Guest's Reps:
So does stealth show up constantly on radar, or when someone stealth lores do they show up on radar?

And what about vampires? Can they see stealth on radar?

Someone please confirm, I dont use Xunleashed but would like to be aware of what I am playing against.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online