taultunleashed logoI was caught on video using a speedhack on my buddy's acct.. : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

I was caught on video using a speedhack on my buddy's acct.. : DAOC Discussion

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 11:52 am

feelnguilty
feelnguilty's Reps:
I'm feeling kinda guilty because I was caught using a speedhack on my friend's account, should I confess? Should I just tell him and let him decide what to do? Should I just let it go?

Background on the situation:
His account hasn't been suspended or anything and i'm sure if it hasn't been by now, it isn't going to be. He has a very good reputation in the community so I don't even think most people believe he did anything. I did get caught on tape, but even that looks debateable. I'm obviously not going to do anything on his account, and actually, i've stopped alltogether. I don't know him in RL, but I still consider him a friend from online.

I was just looking for some honest opinions on what people would actually do in this situation. I think i'll at least get a fair opinion here, where if I asked on the regular boards I would just get flamed.

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 11:56 am

no_grip
no_grip's Reps:
caught on video huh ... so you ran a red light ? or was this more along the lines of a rodney king video ?

just playing ...

personaly if someone who you dont know in RL gives you access to their account ... well then they cant really be too suprised if something like this happens.

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 12:01 pm

desert sky
desert sky's Reps:
Personally I think he was nuts to allow you (or anyone else) access to his account for just this reason: stuff happens.

You must have a conscience to feel guilty, so finish it up by doing the right thing. You should apologize to him for making a mistake.

JMHO.

Posted: February 25th, 2005, 4:35 am

tnhxc1
tnhxc1's Reps:
Rofl, I saw this posted on the mystic vn boards.

A dark sm, speedhacking away from a tank. Lifetapping and repeating?

Lol was funny, because ppl thought it was the new Rr5 Ra for Sm's.

Posted: February 25th, 2005, 7:50 am

feelnguilty
feelnguilty's Reps:
Well, i'm still not sure what i'm going to do. The right thing would be to tell him, but I know if I do that and the rest of the server finds out I'll be flamed out of existance, which is probably what I deserve, but not so easy to do.

It wasn't the SM video, I did see that though, this happened a few weeks ago and I didn't look that bad.

Posted: February 25th, 2005, 3:02 pm

oysta1109

Total Posts: 25
oysta1109's Reps: 0
Tell the truth is what a real man would do.
Even thinking about whether to tell or not makes you a coward.

Its sad when a virtual gameworld reputation can get in the way of your
conscience.

I pray for your soul at your judgement day.

Posted: March 20th, 2005, 1:07 pm

vindicator
vindicator's Reps:
oysta1109";p="56567 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Tell the truth is what a real man would do.
Even thinking about whether to tell or not makes you a coward.

Its sad when a virtual gameworld reputation can get in the way of your
conscience.

I pray for your soul at your judgement day.

!@#$%^&* off !@#$%^&*, seriously

Posted: April 1st, 2005, 9:12 pm

Guest's Reps:
He's right. The only option now is to confess, then find a cozy corner to off yourself. Something explosive this time, so many people shooting or stabbing themselves. Like pour a cup of water into your mouth, then drop in a big fat chunk of sodium metal. It not only will get the job done, but damn it'll look cool as well. Have your friend tape it and put it on ebay as a snuff film. He'll get enough grip to buy a new account.

Posted: April 8th, 2005, 3:32 pm

Guest's Reps:
Guest";p="60383 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
He's right. The only option now is to confess, then find a cozy corner to off yourself. Something explosive this time, so many people shooting or stabbing themselves. Like pour a cup of water into your mouth, then drop in a big fat chunk of sodium metal. It not only will get the job done, but damn it'll look cool as well. Have your friend tape it and put it on ebay as a snuff film. He'll get enough grip to buy a new account.

ROFL
u made my day today bro lol

Posted: April 8th, 2005, 6:03 pm

johnnytightlips
johnnytightlips's Reps:
danm that sucks

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online