taultunleashed logoMacro Running Question : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 15 posts ] 
blue large dot

Macro Running Question : DAOC Discussion

Posted: February 9th, 2004, 10:41 am

Cyclone
Cyclone's Reps:
Is there a way to have two recorded macro's running on two accounts if both accounts are running on the same computer?
Example, I want to macro hunt with a character and have a lower level character in group to power level. I can macro hunt, but when lower level guy just stands there doing nothing, he/she goes linkdead.
If anyone has any ideas on this, please comment on it. Going to try to see if it works by having both accounts running in Windows mode. But don't think it will work. I figure there has got to be a way.[:-banghead]

Posted: February 9th, 2004, 5:02 pm

Devestator
Devestator's Reps:
I'll let wyvern give you a for sure answer on this but in my programming experience it will depend on if they are using SendMessage to send false keypresses and mouse movements to a window or if they are using keybd_event mouse_event to simulate keyboard and mouse events.

If its the first and they are using sendmessage then it should be as simple as running two copies of xunleashed one pointed at each copy of daoc.. course then again this would depend on how they are getting the hwnd of the daoc window if they are using this method.

If they are using the latter and simulating keyboard and mouse events then I dont think it would work. But I also doubt they would be using this one because if they were you would then be able to run an xunleashed macro go to another window and the macro would press the keys in the new window.

And then again its very possible that Wyverns and the rest of the programmers, skill in this area are ahead of mine and they do it a totally different way that I dont know about ;) Thats why I say I'll let Wyvern give you a for sure answer.. but for the time being you could probably try running two copies of unleashed to see if it works. (If that is even possible with the registration keys)

Posted: February 9th, 2004, 6:10 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
The program simulates keystrokes as if you were playing yourself. Therefore, you cannot have a macro playing two clients at once on the same computer.

Posted: February 10th, 2004, 8:55 pm

Cyclone
Cyclone's Reps:
Well, if it isn't possible to have a macro playing two clients at once on the same computer. What about designing the macro system so it will use the keystrokes alt tap and switch to the second account. I have done somthing like this before with two different programs running that I want a macro to play through and repeat the steps. For example: Have a character pull a mob, fight and kill it, then have the macro alt tab into the other client account and continue on with the macro? Or is xunleashed not set up in this manner?
I will also look at other macro programs that I have from my college training and see if I can get a program to be running, instead of xunleashed. See if this works or use it with both accounts in window mode, so that all the macro program outside the game has to do is click the hotkeys and the windows to move back and forth. I will check it out and keep everyone updated.

Posted: February 10th, 2004, 9:20 pm

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
That should work. Have you tried it? Incorporate into your macro the alt tab.

Posted: February 11th, 2004, 7:47 pm

Cyclone
Cyclone's Reps:
Tried the alt tab once incorporated into macro, but when it goes to alt tab to other account, seems xunleashed gets stuck outside of game on windows screen. I will play around with it for a bit more, then look into other macro programs that might work. This would be a great tool for people, money and leveling would be a good benefit from it. Keep ya posted!

Posted: February 13th, 2004, 2:14 pm

Cyclone
Cyclone's Reps:
It Works! Got the Macro system from Xunleashed to do two accounts at the same time. The only way it works, is by having the accounts in the Window mode instead of Full screen.

How to do it.

1) Set up your account to run in Window Mode. (Recommend using SI client for less memory use.)
2) Slide one window to the left side of your screen and the other to the right.
3) Record in your main character fighting screen the macro and when your done fighting, click on the second window without touching the stop record macro button.
4) Do a few moves with your second account window. (Example: Heal your first account character.)
5) Click back into your first account window and stop the macro record.
6) Play the macro and watch it transfer from one account to the other and then back.
7) Works for either one time use or Looped.

This should help lots on Power Leveling bots and other characters. Tried it last night and today, got my bot from level 20 to 39. Left my computer running while I was sleeping and then at college the next day. Have Fun!

Posted: February 13th, 2004, 9:11 pm

crownncoke
crownncoke's Reps:
can ya tell me which mobs you did this on and where.

Posted: February 19th, 2004, 12:22 pm

Cyclone
Cyclone's Reps:
Well, you have to find a camp that is stationary. A good example of this is the WeeWere's or Werewolf camp in Coriscating Mine, Pit area. There are two camps that have Wee's in it. Not sure for other realms though. But a good idea, is if your going to do this, try to be away from other players in stationary camps that people don't normally go to.

Posted: February 20th, 2004, 10:49 am

crownncoke
crownncoke's Reps:
could you just use nearest target key if you are near mobs that are neutral. Kullervos guardians are yellow to level 50 and neutral and there is lots of them but they fly around in a general area. I suppose that would work with this method if I nearst target key then put pets on attack <---bonedancer and let them do there work?

Posted: February 20th, 2004, 4:39 pm

shark
shark's Reps:
ok yall..I am really new at this. I still can't figure out the macro's. This sounds really cool. And although I wouldn't set it up while I was sleeping (just cause the Mythic factor) I would set it up while I wassay, Cleaning my house or something along that lines. Can anyone detail this out for me? I know its alot to ask. [:-devil]

Posted: February 20th, 2004, 8:42 pm

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
shark..

macroing? Click record, do something, click f12 to stop. Click play and watch what happens.

Posted: February 21st, 2004, 8:28 am

shark
shark's Reps:
[:-bigeyes] That easy..cool I'll give it a try. Not that great with comp stuff.

Posted: February 21st, 2004, 5:34 pm

crownncoke
crownncoke's Reps:
is it possible to set up a trigger to start the macro only when the mob dies?

Posted: February 21st, 2004, 6:54 pm

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
If there is a message when the mobs dies in the chat log.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online