Posted: December 18th, 2003, 8:30 am

Bleh8243
Bleh8243's Reps:
http://vnboards.ign.com/Fans_Round_Tabl ... 287205/?67

This is on about every VN board somewhere, please discuss

Posted: December 18th, 2003, 9:14 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
This should not effect XU immediatly, because XU does not own the processes it launches. It just launches them as if you double clicked the shortcut yourself.

Posted: December 18th, 2003, 9:15 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
I think this is to get around those cheats that have been popping up where people would modify the game.dll ITSELF via patching, and then launch game.dll via a program and NOT through the login.dll which checks to make sure the game.dll is current. Ie, if you put in a speed cheat directly into game.dll, and loaded up your loader.exe which loaded game.dll, you could bypass the patch program and keep your modified game.dll.

Hope that helps.

Posted: December 18th, 2003, 12:00 pm

falizer
falizer's Reps:
doesnt xunleashed have a random file name option so that it would not come up xunleased in the process list anyway? or is that for somethine different?

Posted: December 18th, 2003, 1:22 pm

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
falizer, yes xu does have some stealth routines built in. That is one of them.

Posted: December 18th, 2003, 6:32 pm

pp-reckgong
pp-reckgong's Reps:
Can you please make sure that they can not track it though. I have 5 lvl 50's a 44 and am rr5+ on all but the 44 i would not like to loose that and if i was about to id rather sell it

Posted: December 29th, 2003, 9:51 am

reefguy
reefguy's Reps:
I really need to know....

Has anyone done any definate research as whether Mythic can or can not detect XUnleashed as being used in game?

My account has been on suspension for 7 days. Here is an email I received from Mythic

Dear Sir,

An e-mail was sent to the e-mail address on file, an @xxxxx.com address, detailing the violation and resulting suspension. The account has been suspended for seven days and will be reviewed for potential termination due to the use of an illegal third party program.

Posted: December 29th, 2003, 12:24 pm

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
reefguy, they have several means to detect users. Mostly, they do not do anything unless somebody reports you. Now, here are some of their tricks.

They can read ANY AND ALL text you type into the game or receive. Dont talk about it or about anything that you cannot see in the game. Ie, dont day he's level 65 when you have no idea without the map running.

They can watch if you beeline unseen mobs on the screen before they appear, or running from them. Ie, you are pvp and running away from a group that you cant even see yet in the game.

etc, things like that.

Posted: January 2nd, 2004, 8:38 am

RandomXUser
RandomXUser's Reps:
I have been a very stealthy user for a long time now, but I have figured out they don't really care anymore. Just don't be beelining solo'ers in emain and you will be fine I think.

Posted: January 4th, 2004, 11:59 pm

Sintor
Sintor's Reps:
if you REALLY need to talk about what you see on XU, use a voice communication etc program with your friends/guild.

Posted: January 5th, 2004, 5:45 pm

Trogd0r
Trogd0r's Reps:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WyvernX</i>
<br />This should not effect XU immediatly, because XU does not own the processes it launches. It just launches them as if you double clicked the shortcut yourself.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Does this mean XU does not show up on the processes list if the list is grabbed by Mythic?

Posted: January 5th, 2004, 6:27 pm

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
The files show up but they are random filenames. The best protection, is to not name your xunleashed folder, xunleashed. Name it something like ICQ2003B or WinAmp5 or something.

Posted: January 8th, 2004, 6:19 pm

Trogd0r
Trogd0r's Reps:
With random filenames set to true it always creates the same sort of random 5 letter .dll. Isn't that going to be just as obvious as running the regular unrandomized file?

Posted: January 9th, 2004, 1:19 pm

Trogd0r
Trogd0r's Reps:
Also, XUnleashed still shows up as XU under the applications tab, I assume this doesn't matter? Does one need to renane the XU .exe file as well as the directory?

Posted: January 9th, 2004, 2:02 pm

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
Trogd0r, set random names to true, also, change the window title on the stealth settings on the options tab. Then it will not show up under applications tab.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online