taultunleashed logoRadar Map should not be updated : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

Radar Map should not be updated : DAOC Discussion

Posted: June 24th, 2004, 12:24 pm

crazyjay
crazyjay's Reps:
Everyone is equal in NF now, why screw it up!
what the !@#$%^&* more can you ask for we ahve a warmap that shows everything.
For those that bite their nails waiting for the map are dickless noobs. :evil:

Posted: June 24th, 2004, 12:30 pm

helpme
helpme's Reps:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/pie.php

Posted: June 24th, 2004, 12:53 pm

jenxie
jenxie's Reps:
crazyjay (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Everyone is equal in NF now, why screw it up!
what the !@#$%^&* more can you ask for we ahve a warmap that shows everything.
For those that bite their nails waiting for the map are dickless noobs. :evil:

erhm, xunleashed radar is not the only one out there... think x just getting a fair piece of the action =P

Posted: June 24th, 2004, 1:34 pm

viator
viator's Reps:
I, for one, want a map. The map in NF is horrible for navigating around the frontier. Sure, it can be done, but I want something better. I want a map for the same reason most, if not all, want to use radar in the first place. I don't think that people use radar because they're concerned with equality. :twisted:

Posted: June 24th, 2004, 1:41 pm

jenxie
jenxie's Reps:
Well, equality... If not an enourmes amount of people used radar it wouldn't make me use XU, but since RvR'ing without radar really suxx when everybody knows exactly where you are and you don't know !@#$%^&*, that's pretty annoying. With the New Frontier though it was supernice to play without radar when not an enormous amount of people used it...

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 10:07 am

viator
viator's Reps:
The issue I was addressing was primarily concerned about a map for NF. If all that was involved was the spotting of other players, I might agree; however, that is not the reason for a map. You could show other players' location without a map.
The map, at least for me, is for running around the frontiers without running into mobs, such as drakes, or heading in the the wrong direction. It is difficult for me to display DAOC's map on my screen and not have it block a significant portion of my screen. I prefer Xunleashed's map, I can display it without blocking my vision. If on the other hand, DAOC developed a better mapping system, I might decided to go another route. I don't see how a better map is going to hurt the game.
:?:

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 11:00 am

robotsahoy
robotsahoy's Reps:
I agree with the above poster. My main reason for using the map was to avoid wasting time being lost or looking for mobs instead of cheating to find people in rvr. DAOC is a game of our enjoyment vs Mythic prolonging the time required to meet our chosen goals (thus adding to our addiction and increasing the life span of the game). DAOCunleashed helps the savvy player maximize his play time :D

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 11:55 am

pagan
pagan's Reps:
warmap is cool if your keep taking and zerging wich gets ghey fast on a high pop server. plus warzergmap doesnt help you inbetween keeps

The XU map is needed for those that like avoid the warmapzerg and roam looking for 8vs8 1vs1 or certain mobs in PvE etc...

plus people are already using the generic radar on the servers and XU > all others

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 1:42 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I'm going to go aheadn and post the daoc patch. Admin said his patch is just about ready too. Let me package it up and upload it.

Posted: June 27th, 2004, 2:04 pm

jamblasticus
jamblasticus's Reps:
If one person has radar everyone needs radar. Anyone playing without it is just gimping themselves. Anyone "too honorable" to play without radar should play without a buffbot as well.

Posted: June 27th, 2004, 9:39 pm

bemis
bemis's Reps:
Radar SHOULD be in the game anyway. Mythic is at fault here.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online